Syracuse Hoops 2016-17

The Poojer

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only reason this was a tough loss is because we came back so hard and had the game practically in hand with 10 seconds left. I fully expected this to be a loss. That said, it was a brutal stretch of games for this team and many other ACC teams, I think they have a bit of a break to catch their breath and gear up for yet another tough run. they have to win 2 of the next 4 if not 3 of 4, otherwise it all falls to the tournament to keep the NCAA hopes alive

Very tough back to back losses. We now have to beat Duke beat Ga Tech twice. Gonna be a tough task.

I got a quick question. I was thinking of taking my son to the ACC tournament next month for his 13th birthday. Has any of you guys been there before. I am going to buy tickets for both Thursday sessions & then I was going to try to scalp tickets for the friday semifinals. I figure it shouldn't be that tough a ticket since the fans of the losing teams Thursday should be giving their tickets away. They are going on stub hub right not for $140 for the Friday semifinals. I think that is a bit steep. Have any of you guys tried to scalp tickets for the semi finals for the ACC Tournament & if so how hard were they to get. I figure having it up in Brooklyn as opposed to Greensboro, tickets should be easier to come by.

I got a quick question. I was thinking of taking my son to the ACC tournament next month for his 13th birthday. Has any of you guys been there before. I am going to buy tickets for both Thursday sessions & then I was going to try to scalp tickets for the friday semifinals. I figure it shouldn't be that tough a ticket since the fans of the losing teams Thursday should be giving their tickets away. They are going on stub hub right not for $140 for the Friday semifinals. I think that is a bit steep. Have any of you guys tried to scalp tickets for the semi finals for the ACC Tournament & if so how hard were they to get. I figure having it up in Brooklyn as opposed to Greensboro, tickets should be easier to come by.

I've been to the Big East tourney at MSG a couple times, and scalping tickets was really easy and cheap for the exact reason you stated. Fans of the losing teams are quite happy to get face value (or less) for their tickets once their team gets bounced.

Two friends of mine went to the final 4 last year, and were going to head home after Syracuse lost to UNC, but were offered 2 championship game tickets for $50 per seat so they stayed. They didn't regret that decision.

I've been to the Big East tourney at MSG a couple times, and scalping tickets was really easy and cheap for the exact reason you stated. Fans of the losing teams are quite happy to get face value (or less) for their tickets once their team gets bounced.

Two friends of mine went to the final 4 last year, and were going to head home after Syracuse lost to UNC, but were offered 2 championship game tickets for $50 per seat so they stayed. They didn't regret that decision.

Thanks that is good information. It will be interesting to see the fan dynamics having it up in Barclays. I expect a lot of Syracuse fans & a lot of Duke but I am just guessing.

Gimme a break. Refs are going to make a game changing call on an illegal screen 40 feet from the basket. Just really lame.

Ridiculous call. Such a critical moment. Now they need to beat 2/3.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

After Cuse and Oklahoma got bounced tix were as cheap as $10 for the Championship. I kinda wish I had kept mine and attended rather than selling for about $30 but I didn't have much interest.

After Cuse and Oklahoma got bounced tix were as cheap as $10 for the Championship. I kinda wish I had kept mine and attended rather than selling for about $30 but I didn't have much interest.

My friend took this amazing video of Villanova's final shot. The noise was absolutely deafening, and the camera (phone) started shaking after Jenkins' game winner. It is pretty awesome. I wonder if I can post that....?

Coach K completely shut off AW, and dared JB to beat him with his guards. Thankfully, Battle and Gillon were up to it. Gillon, in particular, was playing out of his mind. Lydon all over the boards, but they really need to get him more shots. I think this team has a chance to be dangerous in the NCAA's...if they get in.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

Coach K completely shut off AW, and dared JB to beat him with his guards. Thankfully, Battle and Gillon were up to it. Gillon, in particular, was playing out of his mind. Lydon all over the boards, but they really need to get him more shots. I think this team has a chance to be dangerous in the NCAA's...if they get in.

Well, that was a blast of a game. You're right, Gillian and Battle played phenomenally well. Dickie V said that they're in for sure after this win.

'Cuse is in the house, oh my God, oh my God. 'Cuse is in the house...danger!

Well, that was a blast of a game. You're right, Gillian and Battle played phenomenally well. Dickie V said that they're in for sure after this win.

'Cuse is in the house, oh my God, oh my God. 'Cuse is in the house...danger!

Will they be coming to Buffalo, though? For some reason, Lunardi/ESPN bracketology had them as a 12 seed and going to Buffalo in the latest one, that Mark Gaughan then turned into an article in the Buffalo News. The other bracketologists did not have them in or going to Buffalo. He has them playing Wisc. I'd imagine a high seeded Wisc would be pissed if they had to play SU in Buffalo.

I think they are in. Not many teams if any on the bubble have the quality wins cuse has. Thye could afford to lose to louisville, beat tech at home & then don't sh*t the bed in the tournament & get knocked out in the first round & I think they are good. & yes, given the right draw, I think they could be dangerous. I seen one mock yesterday that had Cuse coming to Buffalo for the first weekend. That would be a home game for them if that happens.

That was a great night of college BB -- couldn't have gone better for the Heels. First I got to watch a crushing Dook defeat, and then the Heels took care of business against Louisville.

That should lock up Cuse's tourney bid as well. Great comeback.

Don't forget Nova losing, that was a thing of beauty!!!

That was a great night of college BB -- couldn't have gone better for the Heels. First I got to watch a crushing Dook defeat, and then the Heels took care of business against Louisville.

anyone know why there was no under 4 minute tv timeout at the end of the game? the contested 3 came prior to 4 minutes, then Duke wound up taking their final timeout at around 3 minutes at which time they reviewed the 3 but then play resumed, there was a foul but no tv timeout before or after the free throws.

I haven't been following UNC much recently, but how in the world did they slide down to No. 8? I can't imagine there are 7 teams better than them in the NCAA right now.

I haven't been following UNC much recently, but how in the world did they slide down to No. 8? I can't imagine there are 7 teams better than them in the NCAA right now.

Like every other team in the nation they have had a couple of hiccups this year. Had a bad loss to Georgia Tech, blown out in Coral Gables & an early season loss to Indiana. But the rest of their losses are solid(Kentucky/Duke). I agree they should be a bit higher than 8. The Pac 10 is getting a lot of love this year with their trio (UCLA/Arizona/Oregon). My guess when the smoke clears UNC will be inline for a #1 seed, 2 seed at the worst. I got the Zags/Nova/Kansas/UNC as the 1 seeds right now.

2 of their 5 losses were deemed "bad" at the time they occurred; at Georgia Tech and at Miami by double digits. That put the Heels in the 10-15 range and they've had to slowly climb back. The funny thing is that UM (definitely) and GT (probably) will make the tourney. The other three losses were at Indiana early (who have inexplicably collapsed), a 3-pt loss to Kentucky in Las Vegas, and at Dook.

Alright I have finally come back to earth after that. Some tidbits from the game:

There was one ref (a white guy) who was painfully pro-Duke. He made a lot of questionable calls and non-calls.

I can't believe how quickly both teams got to the bonus in the 2nd half

Gillon and Battle - those guys were just animals out there. Gillon's confidence went through the roof when he hit the 3 after breaking someone's ankles back to back (I sit nosebleeds sorry lol)

White was non-existent. I know some of it was game planning but he just disappeared out there.

Grayson Allen was booed heavily every single time he touched the ball. It really seemed to effect him and he would move the ball incredibly quick sometimes.

Kennard and Allen both should have fouled out. They must have charged someone else with the foul down low that should have been Kennard's 5th.

Roberson's first venture into the game was Howard bad. Duke knew he didn't want to shoot and left him wide open. After sitting for a few minutes he came back with some energy.

I love Taurean Thompson. That's all

Gotta give the wine and cheese crowd some credit. They have been much louder this year. The last 2 games specifically. 16 seconds left in the louisville game was the loudest I've ever heard it but most of the second half rivaled it.

It looked like some of the players expected a time out at the end. Luckily Gillon got up the court and got the shot to go. Awesome moment. The dome went from silent while the ball was in the air to exploding.

Not as many Duke fans there as I expected.

How far off am I from being there as opposed to watching on tv? I know some nuance gets missed...

Edited by section122

Well, not much to say about that Louisville loss, except they really laid an egg. Very sloppy from the get-go and AW3 was off all day. I was expecting them to be much more competitive after the Duke win.

I think other teams have realized the formula for beating Syracuse. Shut off Andrew White. Pitino did everything but box-and-one AW, and there were very few clean looks for him. He's a rhythm shooter, and recently teams aren't allowing him to take too many shots. This forces the guards to step up, but today they didn't. This team is flat out putrid on the road.

I think other teams have realized the formula for beating Syracuse. Shut off Andrew White. Pitino did everything but box-and-one AW, and there were very few clean looks for him. He's a rhythm shooter, and recently teams aren't allowing him to take too many shots. This forces the guards to step up, but today they didn't. This team is flat out putrid on the road.

I have to think that guys like Lydon and Battle have to step up if that is the case. AW3 getting taken out has to open up a lot more room for other guys.

I have to think that guys like Lydon and Battle have to step up if that is the case. AW3 getting taken out has to open up a lot more room for other guys.

Battle is Battle. It seems like he is best utilized taking the ball to the goal. Lydon is being utilized, for the most part, in the low post. Certainly not his strength, but it is necessary to play him there. He is frequently wide open, and often mismatched against a guard or a smaller forward. I find myself screaming at the TV to get him the ball, but you know, our guards have to be able to get it to him...