Syracuse Hoops 2016-17

The Poojer

2017 5 star PF, Billy Preston (Oak Hill) will announce his committment tonight (Fri). Down to Kansas, Syracuse, USC, and Arizona. USC seems to be the favorite at this point, as I believe he is from Los Angeles. You never know though...

Keep an eye out on Twitter. I think he is scheduled to announce at around 3:30 EST.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a bit nervous about 2017, especially if Lyndon and battle leave. Hope we can get Preston.

I take it we have given up any hope onQuade.

I feel slightly better after reading this:

https://www.google.com/amp/sujuiceonline.com/2016/11/18/dont-panic-syracuse-basketball-doesnt-land-quade-green/amp/

I'll be drinking heavily tonight regardless. I hear his announcement should come out between 9-10 pm.

FWIW....from what I have seen (no inside info) Hop has joined GMac with the last 48 hours to make the final push with Quade. I hope he realizes who was recruiting him 2 years ago before anyone even knew who he was. Send PayCal and World Wide Wes home with their suitcases full of money, and their fancy cars. Smh...

Anyway, how about the game last night. Good win over a solid MAC team. I hope Thompson is okay.

Great win last night! JB way too hard on Thompson. His D will get better, but that jumper is so sweet. He is gong to be a great player for us.

The only issue with this team is that I sense they may fall in love too much with the 3. But I guess when guys are hitting, you can't complain.

(I read Thompson was walking around, so I am guessing it was just a foot sprain of some kind).

Great win last night! JB way too hard on Thompson. His D will get better, but that jumper is so sweet. He is gong to be a great player for us.

The only issue with this team is that I sense they may fall in love too much with the 3. But I guess when guys are hitting, you can't complain.

(I read Thompson was walking around, so I am guessing it was just a foot sprain of some kind).

Good to know, thanks. I'm loving some Taurean Thompson. Certainly doesn't look like a typical freshman PF/C. He already has a grown man's body, and is only going to get bigger. He'll be a good 3-4 year player for us.

I'll be drinking heavily tonight regardless. I hear his announcement should come out between 9-10 pm.

FWIW....from what I have seen (no inside info) Hop has joined GMac with the last 48 hours to make the final push with Quade. I hope he realizes who was recruiting him 2 years ago before anyone even knew who he was. Send PayCal and World Wide Wes home with their suitcases full of money, and their fancy cars. Smh...

Anyway, how about the game last night. Good win over a solid MAC team. I hope Thompson is okay.

What's with all the angst? Won't he be a one and doner, anyway?

What's with all the angst? Won't he be a one and doner, anyway?

Angst? To compete in the top basketball conference in the NCAAs, you need to bring in top tier talent. Quade Green is an elite top 25 recruit. We're likely losing Tyus Battle after this year along with DC2, Roberson, Gillon, Andrew White, and more than likely Tyler Lydon. That leaves us kind of thin for 2017. Quade Green was a very important piece of our '17 recruiting class.

All of this coupled with the way PayCal swooped in at the 11th hour, and took away a kid that we have been recruiting very hard for over 2 years. A kid who was known to be a near lock to commit to Syracuse until 2 days ago.

This is a big deal for Syracuse basketball fans, and if you're a SU fan and you're not concerned, you should be.

We will be just fine for this season, but I'm worried about the next couple years.

finally some good news!!!!

by the way, i am done looking ahead. Just going to enjoy this year. I have a feeling this will be a great one!

With the early signing period over now, and the conference schedule not too far off, it is time to focus on and enjoy this year's team. I remain confident that this is one of the better Cuse teams in recent history, and I expect a good run once again in the NCAA tourney.

If I happen to come across any recruiting tid-bits in the meantime, however, I will pass them along. Cheers, and GO ORANGE!!

It really does. I know a lot of guys that won't watch college anymore because it's hard to be rivals when you only play one year

It's the only sport that the elite teams are building around guys who will be there for one year............Although I'd like my team to be elite, it is what makes the A-10 a really good conference. Most of the guys are there for 4 years (I was surprised that Bembry left St. Joe's this year for the draft, but he did get picked higher than I thought he would).

http://247sports.com/Player/Eric-Ayala-77110

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AbqeStLyrKM

Keep an eye out for this kid. Currently designated as class of 2018, but Syracuse offered today and it is rumored that they're asking him to reclassify to '17. Give credit to JB and crew for acting fast to find QG's replacement. Let's cross our fingers.

Current teammate of recent SU commit Sidibe, and also covetet 2017 SG Hamidou Diallo.

Angst? To compete in the top basketball conference in the NCAAs, you need to bring in top tier talent. Quade Green is an elite top 25 recruit. We're likely losing Tyus Battle after this year along with DC2, Roberson, Gillon, Andrew White, and more than likely Tyler Lydon. That leaves us kind of thin for 2017. Quade Green was a very important piece of our '17 recruiting class.

All of this coupled with the way PayCal swooped in at the 11th hour, and took away a kid that we have been recruiting very hard for over 2 years. A kid who was known to be a near lock to commit to Syracuse until 2 days ago.

This is a big deal for Syracuse basketball fans, and if you're a SU fan and you're not concerned, you should be.

We will be just fine for this season, but I'm worried about the next couple years.

I'll pretty much be rooting for a career ending injury for this kid until he retires. Also, UK can die in a fiery bus crash. SU turned away a half dozen good recruits in order to land this ahole. They could really be hurting next year.

Hard not to blame SU as well. They put all their eggs in Green's basket with other recruits hinging on that kid to tag along to SU. I'm super pissed and bummed.

At least this year's squad looks hopeful but as with recent years I'm expecting a mass exodus after the year with Battle, Lydon and maybe even Thompson gone. That and losing 4 seniors could leave this team with what 4 scholarship players and that's including the 2 latest recruits.

I'll pretty much be rooting for a career ending injury for this kid until he retires. Also, UK can die in a fiery bus crash. SU turned away a half dozen good recruits in order to land this ahole. They could really be hurting next year.

Hard not to blame SU as well. They put all their eggs in Green's basket with other recruits hinging on that kid to tag along to SU. I'm super pissed and bummed.

At least this year's squad looks hopeful but as with recent years I'm expecting a mass exodus after the year with Battle, Lydon and maybe even Thompson gone. That and losing 4 seniors could leave this team with what 4 scholarship players and that's including the 2 latest recruits.

You're correct that SU shares some of the blame here. They told other 2017 top 25 PG's Brandon Coleman and Isaiah Washington (who said SU was his "dream school") that Quade was their #1 priority. Brandon has since cut Syracuse from his final list, and Washington has committed to Minnesota.

It is my understanding, however, that Quade pretty much gave JB his word that he was coming to Syracuse.

You're correct that SU shares some of the blame here. They told other 2017 top 25 PG's Brandon Coleman and Isaiah Washington (who said SU was his "dream school") that Quade was their #1 priority. Brandon has since cut Syracuse from his final list, and Washington has committed to Minnesota.

It is my understanding, however, that Quade pretty much gave JB his word that he was coming to Syracuse.

Like I said !@#$ that kid, hope he blows out both knees.

Maybe you or someone smarter than me can tell me what the deal is with the lack of TV games this year. It's freaking killing me that none of these games are on tv.