Seriously. Who expected us to win yesterday? Seriously.

I definitely expected this to be a loss after we shut them out. At this point I am way more pissed about the loss to the fish last week. If you want to be a real deal team and be a serious contender you have to beat the teams your suppose to beat. If we had won last week, like we should have, nobody would be as pissed off about yesterday as we all are. Sure we all knew it was going to happen, it just wouldn't have been as much of a kick in the face as it was if we had taken care of business last week.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think 90 percent of us expected a big fat L. I think the disappointment comes from the lack of effort and not belonging on the same field as the Pats. They are human, you can win!!!! If you don't go hard you have no chance they aren't going to give you an inch.

The Bills were out hustled, out hit, and out coached.

I honestly didn't think we played all that poorly. We sacked that bastard a few times, which was good. Usually we never get to him.

We had some blown coverages, and a lot of penalties (more than deserved, especially the offensive pass interference on #85) and a few dropped passes. But Brady is going to carve up every team he plays. At one point we had #51 covering Gronk. WTH!!

We had no shady and a bunch of second rate wideouts strolling around out there. And every time one of our wideouts got hit, he/she seemed to have to go to the locker room, presumably for a bra adjustment.

The Pats are healthy and firing on all cylinders with the goat at QB. We should have gotten our butts kicked. And we did.....

Who expected us to win? Who?

At least we have an extra day to get healthy, and if anybody is questionable, give them the night off. I think we can beat Seattle next week with the team that played yesterday. I think we'll give them all they can handle. If giving Shady an extra week gets him ready for the stretch run, let's do it.

it's not so much that we lost, I did actually expect to lose. It's the way we lost. We were completely embarrassed on both sides of the ball as well as special teams. We were not just beat, we were dominated. That's what bothers me. Too many years of watching the Buffalo Bills get their asses handed to them by any actual playoff contender. It is embarrassing and has gotten really old. I am so tired of watching this team get beat up it is pathetic. Just absolutely pathetic.

I honestly didn't think we played all that poorly. We sacked that bastard a few times,.....

You lost me at sentence one. I did not expect a win but I thought they would be more competitive than they played, which was not really competitive at all.

Tyrod's passes were inaccurate, about half of them were thrown high- so high that charles clay injured his shoulder coming down from one of those off target disasters. many were short, and while some were on the numbers, about half of them were dropped (which is attributable to not being full strength).

the high passes were doubly critical because they killed drives and gave brady back the ball. when your offense runs on two downs, your QB needs to be accurate enough to complete a short possession pass to keep the drive alive. he wasn't and usually isn't.

The inexcusable penalty bug hit again. sloppy and not competitive.

playcalling was questionable, especially on the opening drive in the red zone, (of which penalties also hurt their cause). They totally squandered that drive with poor playcalling and execution.

The defensive secondary was so inept it was laughable. More blown coverages and lopsided matchups (darby on gronk)

to add insult to injury, the receiver we got rid of burned our supposed ace cornerback.

It was a putrid, half assed, disorganized lopsided effort IMHO.

I agree. But we did beat the pats once and cardinals as well. Two losses i had prior to season. We cant lose anymore divisional games for sure

That fair. But the Cards are not a good team this year and are outright bad on the road.

And we could sweep the NFC but our AFC record is going to kill us.

What I can't understand is why the F___ their offense looks so much better than ours does year after effing year!.... Anybody check out Hogan yesterday?... -WTF, dude?!..... How could we have NO ANSWER for these people for seventeen years?.. -

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

You lost me at sentence one. I did not expect a win but I thought they would be more competitive than they played, which was not really competitive at all.

Tyrod's passes were inaccurate, about half of them were thrown high- so high that charles clay injured his shoulder coming down from one of those off target disasters. many were short, and while some were on the numbers, about half of them were dropped (which is attributable to not being full strength).

the high passes were doubly critical because they killed drives and gave brady back the ball. when your offense runs on two downs, your QB needs to be accurate enough to complete a short possession pass to keep the drive alive. he wasn't and usually isn't.

The inexcusable penalty bug hit again. sloppy and not competitive.

playcalling was questionable, especially on the opening drive in the red zone, (of which penalties also hurt their cause). They totally squandered that drive with poor playcalling and execution.

The defensive secondary was so inept it was laughable. More blown coverages and lopsided matchups (darby on gronk)

to add insult to injury, the receiver we got rid of burned our supposed ace cornerback.

It was a putrid, half assed, disorganized lopsided effort IMHO.

Bring me a wheel of oaken wood....

Not me. I knew they would lose. Belichik is ruthless. He and Brady have a history of destroying teams in revenge games. Bills had no chance. If this team was healthy, I would have given them a fighting chance. With a WR corps battered what did Lynn call? 38 passes when the running game was effective early. Bad play calling, injuries, some bone headed plays and the always problematic penalties set them up for failure. Passive defense Rob called was the wrong way to handle Brady. Look at last year's game where the Bills beat the tar out of him. Yes, they lost but Brady paid for that victory.

I am with you. A win would have been great, but I am not losing sleep. The fact that we split with the pats is great--better than I thought would happen pre-season.

1-3 va. the AFC East. Its great that they've split with the Pats but that isn't going to get the job done if they want to make the playoffs. The Bills already have more losses within the division than they had all of last year.

Actually the game was over when a) we settled for 3 instead of 7 on the opening drive, and b) we failed to recover the fumble on the ensuing kickoff.

When playing NE and Belichick....RUTHLESS AGGRESSION is a must. Never settle for 3. Capitalize on their mistakes. Bills played sloppy on all 3 phases and it caught up to them.

I fully expected the pats to win. Rex has never controlled Brady. Once again the defense was never sure what the hell they were supposed to do.

Need to watch the NY Giants Super Bowl videos to see how to beat the man.

Apparently everyone because people are calling for Tyrod to be benched and the front office to be fired. Yesterday went exactly as I expected. Get mad over the Miami game, not yesterday's. Get mad about NY and Baltimore. We lose to the good teams but we have to beat the bad teams

The Miami game and the Jets game both made me want to puke.

The Jets prepared to beat us like it was their last game on Earth. Fitz and Chan focused, everything worked to perfection. Next. Miami? What the hell. That one just ruined my weekend. However, Shady shouldn't have played. he was off a quarter step, and that made all the difference. And we are throwing the ball to nobody.

We got outcoached. Sunday morning I was thinking about special teams......I thought that New England's guy would look at our kickoff coverage, which has been great so far, and probably pretty predictable.....and he would throw some wrinkle or two to surprise our guys....and that's what happened. Our guys were taken out with an original unexpected scheme and Amendola whisked on by.

We need to get healthy and find somebody who can run a route and catch a ball.

You should expect to win every home game. If not, why even get excited about the playoffs since you obviously think the team has no chance to advance very far. Any playoff team should be able to beat any other team at home, so if you think the Bills are a playoff team you should expect them to at least have a fighting chance to beat the Pats at home. I think beating the Pats at home was more likely than beating the Seahawks on the west coast. In any event, the losses to the Ravens and Jets likely spoiled any hope for the playoffs.

I honestly didn't think we played all that poorly. We sacked that bastard a few times, which was good. Usually we never get to him.

We had some blown coverages, and a lot of penalties (more than deserved, especially the offensive pass interference on #85) and a few dropped passes. But Brady is going to carve up every team he plays. At one point we had #51 covering Gronk. WTH!!

We had no shady and a bunch of second rate wideouts strolling around out there. And every time one of our wideouts got hit, he/she seemed to have to go to the locker room, presumably for a bra adjustment.

The Pats are healthy and firing on all cylinders with the goat at QB. We should have gotten our butts kicked. And we did.....

At least we have an extra day to get healthy, and if anybody is questionable, give them the night off. I think we can beat Seattle next week with the team that played yesterday. I think we'll give them all they can handle. If giving Shady an extra week gets him ready for the stretch run, let's do it.

Totally agree.

Biggest disappointment is the lack of run commitment in the past two games.

You should expect to win every home game. If not, why even get excited about the playoffs since you obviously think the team has no chance to advance very far. Any playoff team should be able to beat any other team at home, so if you think the Bills are a playoff team you should expect them to at least have a fighting chance to beat the Pats at home. I think beating the Pats at home was more likely than beating the Seahawks on the west coast. In any event, the losses to the Ravens and Jets likely spoiled any hope for the playoffs.

you're totally right.. usually I don't even watch home games because I assume the winner is pre-determined!

Defniitly nothing else goes into the outcomes of these games...

I think people just vastly underestimate how good the Patriost and Brady/Bellichick are. Honestly other than the random loss every now and again to AFC opponents where their entire team has an off day and their opponent plays the best game of the season, the only games they seem to lose are the ones against NFC opponents who they see once every 4 years. Yeah it sucks they kick our heads in every time they play us, but they kick everyone's heads in pretty much. What can you do. We have games we play them close, but playing them close isn't good enough. You have to play a near perfect game to beat them and hope Brady has a rare off game and gifts you a few INTs. That rarely happens...he is one of the best QBs to ever play the game and appears to have discovered the fountain of youth when other players his age have started or have already fallen apart, he just keeps going...

Forget Lorax being called Benjamin Buttons, Tom Brady is the real Benjamin Buttons.

Edited by matter2003