OK, let's do this: Tyrod Taylor

I don't think you get it. Badol is saying most other QBs don't get as many wide open WR's as Taylor.

I get what he is saying I am just trying to find out when QBs get WRs running college open are there three other QBs out there that miss them as much as Tyrod does

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name me 3 starting QBs that miss the amount of open WRs Tyrod has missed, not talking inaccurate pass talking guy wide open Tyrod fails to see him. (A lot of times because he is flushed for no reason).

As I said......totally get your point. He misses a ton of opportunities that would be simple pitch-and-catch plays for a good passer.

But that's why he was a cheap acquisition and if he had advanced he'd be a very difficult re-sign so I get the contract they gave him.

I can't understate how many of these opps are there because of his skill though.

He is in a class by himself in terms of elusiveness at the position......teams routinely employ spies to mirror him and when he decides to run he disposes of those guys with ease. That is not normal.

As I've said.........give him some big, easy to find and trustworthy targets that can make plays after the catch and despite the fact that he's not a good passer the Bills would be basketball on grass.

Sounds like an equation that would work with any QB.......but with pocket passers things tend to get out of balance and the run game suffers as they cater their OL toward pass blocking.

Don't have to do that with Tyrod......even with run first blockers he negates pass rush.

As I said......totally get your point. He misses a ton of opportunities that would be simple pitch-and-catch plays for a good passer.

But that's why he was a cheap acquisition and if he had advanced he'd be a very difficult re-sign so I get the contract they gave him.

I can't understate how many of these opps are there because of his skill though.

He is in a class by himself in terms of elusiveness at the position......teams routinely employ spies to mirror him and when he decides to run he disposes of those guys with ease. That is not normal.

As I've said.........give him some big, easy to find and trustworthy targets that can make plays after the catch and despite the fact that he's not a good passer the Bills would be basketball on grass.

Sounds like an equation that would work with any QB.......but with pocket passers things tend to get out of balance and the run game suffers as they cater their OL toward pass blocking.

Don't have to do that with Tyrod......even with run first blockers he negates pass rush.

Been saying this for a while.....it meets a lot of opposition because some think you can just plug and play anyone. If this was true we would have had a viable starter long before Tyrod Taylor.

Put the right type of players on the field and watch this team excel.

Drop.

Powell was going to be open as his man was going to be trailing by a lot........ but that's the tougher throw and Powell is the lesser player.

There is a lot to be desired in the field vision and anticipation in Tyrod's game.....this is not a particularly extraordinary example. Clay was open for 6 and it was a short throw.

Yeah, but the question was Tate not Powell. Tate had nobody in his zip code and even Tyrod could get the ball to him if he thought about looking that way, especially with 4 guys converging on Clay.

You are right, there's always one or two open WRs in this offense. I'm guessing it's the defenses cheating because they know TT won't look beyond his primary read.

You would have thought the team would have done that last offseason especially when they knew Sammy was coming off surgery.

- Tyrod again needlessly bails out to the left from a clean pocket. Hunter realising his QB is in trouble cuts off his route and starts running horizontally to the line of scrimmage right at the first down marker, if Tyrod keeps his eyes downfield this is an easy completion for a crucial 1st down. He doesn't, and he is sacked for a loss of 3 as he fails to outrun the linebacker.

I don’t see the All 22s. From Gunner’s write-up it sounds like Hunter is getting open a lot and playing smart Football. Is that true? People keep saying TT has no decent receivers in TT's defense. What is the mark against Hunter being good? Does he have bad hands? Run bad routes? Do we really have no decent receivers?

Drop.

Powell was going to be open as his man was going to be trailing by a lot........ but that's the tougher throw and Powell is the lesser player.

There is a lot to be desired in the field vision and anticipation in Tyrod's game.....this is not a particularly extraordinary example. Clay was open for 6 and it was a short throw.

Seriously? Why would you not throw it to the wr who is wide open by himself in the end zone?

Watch the video again. This is butt fumble bad football.

Been saying this for a while.....it meets a lot of opposition because some think you can just plug and play anyone. If this was true we would have had a viable starter long before Tyrod Taylor.

Put the right type of players on the field and watch this team excel.

See above. TT is brutal. Only you would take a play this horrible and find a way to make it not TT's fault.

Guess he can't see the field at all.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Name me 3 starting QBs that miss the amount of open WRs Tyrod has missed, not talking inaccurate pass talking guy wide open Tyrod fails to see him. (A lot of times because he is flushed for no reason).

Every starting QB in the league. There you just got 32.

Edited by Beef Jerky

I don’t see the All 22s. From Gunner’s write-up it sounds like Hunter is getting open a lot and playing smart Football. Is that true? People keep saying TT has no decent receivers in TT's defense. What is the mark against Hunter being good? Does he have bad hands? Run bad routes? Do we really have no decent receivers?

Hunter had a good game on Sunday and was catchless. Beat his man off the line, got good leverage.... the ball just never came his way. I think the one on the corner route (where Tryod went to Harvin on the crosser) was Hunter - though hard to see the number. Whoever that was they were WIDE open for a walk in touchdown having totally beaten the cornerback. Taylor never looked that way.

Really so Every starting NFL QB has missed the amount of Wide Open WRs running around that Tyrod Taylor has. Ummmm nope maybe in their career not in 1 year lol

Yes every QB in history has missed guys who were wide open. The plays only last a few seconds.

Edited by Beef Jerky

Yes every QB in history has missed guys who were wide open. The plays only last a few seconds.

Of course they do, but why does it seem like every game we go back and look and there are multiple instances of Taylor just not seeing wide open Receivers multiple times a game.

This was not just the Cinci game, it has been all season.

A good QB makes the throw to Tate and Not Clay.

but he was spectacular in Seattle. how is that possible given this thread and all the analysis?

He played his best game as a pro in Seattle. If we got Seattle version of Tyrod every week I'd anoint him our Franchise Quarterback and put all this to bed. This is not a personal thing for me whatsoever, I am not invested in his failure, I want him to succeed. All I am doing is saying what I see. I people want to accuse me of being a "hater" let them flame away. In my breakdown I included plays that I put on Tyrod when watching live and that after watching the all 22 I absolve him to a greater or lesser extent on. I am objective on this. I was heavily pro-Tyrod pre-season, but the closer I have watched this year the more uncertain I am about him as our Quarterback beyond this season.

Of course they do, but why does it seem like every game we go back and look and there are multiple instances of Taylor just not seeing wide open Receivers multiple times a game.

This was not just the Cinci game, it has been all season.

A good QB makes the throw to Tate and Not Clay.

Do you watch all-22's of any other qbs?

Do you watch all-22's of any other qbs?

For my part I do from time to time. Normally when someone appears to be playing much better or worse than I expect from them. I've watched Aaron Rodgers all 22 a couple of times this year, Kirk Cousins once, Dak once, Tannehill once.

It is fair to say that when you watch any Quarterback on the all 22 you see plays left on the field. It just is not usually in the quantities that Tyrod demonstrated on Sunday. Even some of his biggest fans on this board admit he had a really poor game on Sunday. I watch the all 22 of the Bills game every week.... this was one probably the worst game of Tyrod's tenure as our starting Quarterback... coming one game after his best.

Edited by GunnerBill

Is there anyone left who thinks he can be The Guy after today's game?

If so, based on what evidence?

I am so glad most of you are realizing he is not the guy. I have been persecuted for two years, arguing this point. At the cap hit that we would eat if they allow his contract to go beyond next year, would devistate this team for years. No way I want to end up like the Ravens. Tie Rod is not the answer.