OK, let's do this: Tyrod Taylor

I think they will keep TT and either draft a QB or sign a vet to take EJ's roster spot. They can keep him and still bring in more options. He's not making much for the QB position relative to others in the league. That would work for me. I don't think he's a finished product myself and would like to see more, especially with Sammy.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And they should do whatever necessary to draft a potential stud QB as his replacement.... Instead of reaching for needs for the Rex Ryan defense.

Agreed to a point... Reaching for EJ in a weak QB class because we were looking for a potential stud caused us to miss in the 1st. We salvaged woods/alonso(mccoy) out of that draft, but we could've just drafted BPA or for another need that matched the value of that pick. We needed a receiver - best one available at that time was Hopkins. BPA at draft time was probably shariff floyd - not a need, but we probably could've walked from dareus.

But i don't think sitting pat is smart either - when you have 0 can't miss options you need to have a bunch of options to hit.

Like I said if there is a good prospect that falls to them don't pass up the opportunity for a safety or corner.

Or trade up to get one if you think he's a can't miss guy.

I trust that whaley is a fairly good judge of talent. We've got some value in a bunch of different rounds - he just needs to not fall in love with non-QBs.

I just don't want to go all-in on a QB if its another EJ type class. And the top dogs are going in the first 5 picks to the 5 teams that all need QBs. Cleveland might even have 2 picks before us. Just a rough draft to get a top QB. If you think one of the 2nd round guys can be a day 1 starter, obviously pull the trigger.

The big problem is we have to show our cards - TT is either on the team or dropped in march, a full 2 months before the draft. If we drop TT, we become a desperate for QB team. If we lose out on cutler/hoyer then we're screwed (probably screwed either way - neither has done much to inspire confidence in the past 6 years). Everyone else in the league will know this - and trade prices will go up, draft trades become trickier, people try to jump us in the 2nd to get a QB ahead of us, etc.

Edited by dneveu

This is what I hope they do.

By draft a QB I hope you mean a good prospect and not a 5th round project.

it isn't so much the round (Dak went in the 4th) as it is the project label. Some guys fall for different reasons (character, injury, etc) but are not projects in terms of playing the position. I believe Cardale is the project, they don't need another. I would draft a QB who looks relatively ready to play in the NFL. I am not the best judge of who that is, it isn't a great class but again Dak was not thought of as a day 1 starter either. Trubisky and Mahomes are two guys who look the part to me, though both need some seasoning. Edited by YoloinOhio

i was starting to finally see him use the middle of the fileld during the last 3 games and he played very well in seattle. BUUUT then he took a huge crap on the field in cincy. Doing his best trent edwards impersonation, you know like the times we lost 6-3 or 9-6 because its just too hard to get a 3rd and 4 or 3rd and 6.

The idiot didnt throw deep once all game. Never threw a slant or seam route...AGAIN. Couldnt see the guy waving to him wide open nearly everytime he broke from the pocket.

Tightwad is tightwad for a reason. Too tight with the ball to risk a pick, but then will lose the game on concecutive 3 n outs. I think we had 4 in a row to close out the game.

If im the coach i scream in his face to throw a god damn slant once in a while.

If they trade for or sign Romo this is an 11 or 12 win team

Yup! I don't want Romo because I think he is one hit away from a wheelchair, but yeah a good QB is winning 10+ games last year and is an easy 8-2 this year. Both last year and this year the Bills are in the playoffs with a good QB.

I think they will keep TT and either draft a QB or sign a vet to take EJ's roster spot. They can keep him and still bring in more options. He's not making much for the QB position relative to others in the league. That would work for me. I don't think he's a finished product myself and would like to see more, especially with Sammy.

This is perfect IMO!

I would also add that if the Bills have any hope of getting to 10-6 and the playoffs they need Tyrod healthy.

Sorry if that offends some on this site.

JMO

Seriously, if it's not Tyrod, then who is it next year? And please don't tell me Cardale. Dude needs a year or two more to incubate.

Correct. They are probably stuck with a big number for the QB position next year. So the question is, who will it be? Romo? Maybe, but they'd have to trade for him as Dak is cheap , then you're out a high draft pick and stuck with a monster cap hit and Romo would not last the season. Cutler? What does he give you? More TDs and a lot more turnovers.

This is tough. IMO , the only sane non-TT option: would literally have to cut TT, make EJ the starter and make him the same game manager-no turnover guy at 1/4 the price, run the ball and play great defense; and bring Cardale along.

The QB draft is so-so. yes draft one, but no sure thing. team is built to win now. The fan base would go bullsh-t of course. But unless you go with "EJ Dilfer" at QB, TT is probably the only choice. Sorry, but it is what it is. Let's see how TT does now that the soft part of the schedule is here and Sammy is back. No way to make this decision right now. Play great defense, run the ball and don't turn the ball over - at all. That's the recipe for last 6 games. and it may set the approach for next year, and who the QB is.

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

Who are we kidding. (I wouldn't do this. But the Bills will).

Rex will be retained

Taylor will have his option picked up

No real competition for the QB position will be brought in

Gilmore will get scapegoated and away he goes

1st and 2nd round picks will be used to continue to stack our Geniuses Defense.

This time next year Bills sitting at .500 with fans still making excuses for a poor team.

We are a run dominate team because we are good at it......get with the program (or dont....its not like the bills are going to change their identity because you dont like it)

Missed the playoffs yet again. .500 yet again. But hey we can run the Ball Yippie