OK, let's do this: Tyrod Taylor

This is the second play from scrimmage Sunday. Looks like Woods might have a step or two on his man as he crosses the 40 yard line!

XiVUum4.png

Tyrod scrambles and still doesn't see him..

DpIrrCS.png

But throws a nice 5 yard pass to Reggie, which he turns into an 18 yard gain...

Clay has been open ALL year. He should be having a monster season. Here he is college open running a deep cross at the 12 yard line. I can't remember the outcome of the play, but I know he didn't get the look.

rIne8M0.png

This is the play where Tyrod gets Percy tatted because he stares him down the entire play. But notice Clay running away from everyone wide open on the top part of the field.

VObHLt9.png

These aren't the only plays he missed on the field Sunday, they are just the biggest. I like Tyrod and am pulling for him to make the jump, but I'm not sure that's in the cards. Every game I look over, there are guys running all over the field open. Yes, even our scrub WR's. Buffalo could be flat out killing teams if they had even average QB play.

Every one of those should have been touchdowns.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't have those issues last year. He looked far more decisive than he does now. Why? 1) No Sammy Watkins who made bad throws look good? 2) Are opposing defenses figuring TT out and taking away the throwing lanes he was comfortable with? 3) He's injured? 4) He has no idea where any of his receivers are going to be because most are so new they don't run their routes correctly?

Discuss.

he stunk last year too. 24th in passing now he's down 4 spots to 28

He didn't have those issues last year. He looked far more decisive than he does now. Why? 1) No Sammy Watkins who made bad throws look good? 2) Are opposing defenses figuring TT out and taking away the throwing lanes he was comfortable with? 3) He's injured? 4) He has no idea where any of his receivers are going to be because most are so new they don't run their routes correctly?

Discuss.

He did have a lot of those errors last year. They are just being emphasized because opposing defenses know what he sucks at now. That's really it. Everything else is just a flavor of the month excuse. Edited by jmc12290

Discuss.

He ignored the Deep /intermediate middle last year as well

Sorry this is just unacceptable, it's a disturbing pattern that doesn't look like it will get better. Granted they won the game but, when the coach, GM, and owner see this stuff, I can't believe they would pay the guy. Again, they won this game but better QB play, and this is a team to be reckoned with, TT is holding them back and back by a lot.

You guys do realize that in his second year of starting Drew Brees was benched for five games for throwing too many INTs. Brees was a second round pick in 2001.

Brees In 2003 went 2-9 and threw 11 TD' s and 15 INT's while going 205 for 356 for 2108 yards. Currently Tyrod in 10 games 5-5, 181 for 295, for 1935 yards 10 TD's, 4 INTs.

The Chargers ran a power run game like Buffalo with LT leading the rushing and a bunch of scrubs for receivers. The very next year the team went 12-4 with Brees using Gates as his main target.

Point being is that not every QB develops that quickly and this is still only Tyrod's second year of starting. Things might be different if everyone on offense was healthy and the Bills were losing to even the bad teams. The Bills just went toe to toe with Seattle and almost won that game. Tyrod Taylor is still developing.

You guys do realize that in his second year of starting Drew Brees was benched for five games for throwing too many INTs. Brees was a second round pick in 2001.

Brees In 2003 went 2-9 and threw 11 TD' s and 15 INT's while going 205 for 356 for 2108 yards. Currently Tyrod in 10 games 5-5, 181 for 295, for 1935 yards 10 TD's, 4 INTs.

The Chargers ran a power run game like Buffalo with LT leading the rushing and a bunch of scrubs for receivers. The very next year the team went 12-4 with Brees using Gates as his main target.

Point being is that not every QB develops that quickly and this is still only Tyrod's second year of starting. Things might be different if everyone on offense was healthy and the Bills were losing to even the bad teams. The Bills just went toe to toe with Seattle and almost won that game. Tyrod Taylor is still developing.

I think he's gotta watch the film on this one and just be in awe of how poorly he played. The Woods one early doesn't bother me as much because its hard to sense pressure, look for a running lane, look down the field, and find your check down.

The other 2 pics above are a bit more concerning. He's in a clean pocket... Can he literally not see over his line? If that's the case he needs to learn the brees tip-toes move because it's killing the offense. The key to the tip-toes move is stepping into your throw though, so TT would need to focus on his footwork to execute it properly.

Edited by dneveu

We are losing to even the bad teams. Jets and Dolphins games ring any bells?

Tyrod is a 6th year QB.

6 years in the league. Showing zero progress

We realize that Brees was in year 3 in a much less passer friendly era than Taylor......who is in year 6.

These are apple/orange comparisons.........Brees couldn't survive in the NFL playing Taylor's game and Taylor has nowhere near the field vision/understanding and mechanics of Brees.

If the point is that he could improve........yes he could.

He also could not improve and even regress.

I'm reserving my judgement for when he has better receiving options to work with than what he's had for most of this season. His best games have been when he's had one (or both) of his best receivers on the field and close to healthy. His worst have been when he's working with bottom of the roster level guys. No he's not Brady, but he really doesn't have to be with the way our offense is set up. Just give the guy some receivers who can make plays for him and he'll be just fine.

I'm reserving my judgement for when he has better receiving options to work with than what he's had for most of this season. His best games have been when he's had one (or both) of his best receivers on the field and close to healthy. His worst have been when he's working with bottom of the roster level guys. No he's not Brady, but he really doesn't have to be with the way our offense is set up. Just give the guy some receivers who can make plays for him and he'll be just fine.

So doesn't matter if the WR are open it's ok that Tyrod can get them the ball beccausenthese WRs don't have the name attached to them. So because they are not named Sammy Watkins we ignore they are running open and use it as an excuse for Taylor.

Is that what you are saying in a nut shell.

This is the second play from scrimmage Sunday. Looks like Woods might have a step or two on his man as he crosses the 40 yard line!

XiVUum4.png

Tyrod scrambles and still doesn't see him..

DpIrrCS.png

But throws a nice 5 yard pass to Reggie, which he turns into an 18 yard gain...

Clay has been open ALL year. He should be having a monster season. Here he is college open running a deep cross at the 12 yard line. I can't remember the outcome of the play, but I know he didn't get the look.

rIne8M0.png

This is the play where Tyrod gets Percy tatted because he stares him down the entire play. But notice Clay running away from everyone wide open on the top part of the field.

VObHLt9.png

These aren't the only plays he missed on the field Sunday, they are just the biggest. I like Tyrod and am pulling for him to make the jump, but I'm not sure that's in the cards. Every game I look over, there are guys running all over the field open. Yes, even our scrub WR's. Buffalo could be flat out killing teams if they had even average QB play.

Have you considered they are open because TT isn't looking at them?