OK, let's do this: Tyrod Taylor

So weo likes one of the Buffalo Bills ? Stop the presses.

Did he like Tyrod after the Miami/Cinci/2nd pats game/Ravens games too?

My overall impression of him doesn't have to change by the week.

What I'm saying is that the criticism of his game yesterday (for what he was asked to do) makes no sense and is just the same stuff from the same people--who are now forcing themselves into all sorts of contortions to knock the win he helped orchestrate.

Again, you don't hear Dallas fans harping on Prescott's really mediocre game Thursday---because it would sound.....stupid.

Edited by Mr. WEO

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all while running for his life because the RG & RT are way below average

False again but ok.

You guys forget Tyrod is a work in progress with any other QB playing on our roster we would have 2 wins at best. What he lacks in some areas he makes up for with his mobility. How many starts does the guy have 20 or so, give me a break. Even manning was not very good his first few years. I guarantee there are 20 other teams that would love to have him on their roster.

They can have him

My overall impression of him doesn't have to change by the week.

What I'm saying is that the criticism of his game yesterday (for what he was asked to do) makes no sense and is just the same stuff from the same people--who are now forcing themselves into all sorts of contortions to knock the win he helped orchestrate.

Again, you don't hear Dallas fans harping on Prescott's really mediocre game Thursday---because it would sound.....stupid.

Prescott is 10-1 and had an 11 point lead at halftime. Tyrod looked like doggy doo and we were lucky to get away with a win vs the lowly jags.

I'm not riding with you on this. TT is still a major issue. Glad he impressed you though. Wish I got some joy out of this team, I still see doom.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Great question.

Ive written a few posts today about David Lee and QB coaching, but have deleted before posting because I can't seem to find exactly what I want to say... but I agree.

You would think that, after all of these weeks, a competent QB coach would have him making these throws. At least a couple a game where he throws with anticipation.

It makes me wonder if Lee is coaching him to be conservative and slow on purpose.

It's either that or Lee is completely incompetent (which is definitely a possibility).

Or maybe David Lee is coaching Tyrod to do exactly what Rex/Roman/Lynn want him to do? Avoid turnovers, try to get the ball into the hands of his big-time playmakers (Shady, Sammy) and let the defense take it from there? This would be an excellent strategy with the Broncos defense. Maybe the only problem is Rex is overestimating the quality of his defense?

You're right. That TD shouldn't have even counted. The Bills should have given it back because they hardly worked for it, unlike a REAL drive, which leads to a legit TD!.

I gotta say, few here double down like you do. "Whoopty FN Doo" is a stone cold mic drop.

The 3rd down % proved unimportant (clearly) as did the total number of yards (how many should he have had on 18 attempts?).

Spreading the ball around to a lot of receivers is never a bad showing. Nor is 80 yards to your #1.

Stop WEOing because that's not the point being made. He's a hit or miss QB who simply doesn't sustain offense on a consistent enough basis at the NFL level. You can make all of the contrarian points you like, but there's no getting around this.

Stop WEOing because that's not the point being made. He's a hit or miss QB who simply doesn't sustain offense on a consistent enough basis at the NFL level. You can make all of the contrarian points you like, but there's no getting around this.

If he could play like 7th round Simien I would be happy.

You have oddly been very negative today... hope all is well!

You have oddly been very negative today... hope all is well!

Before this season began I was hopeful that Tyrod would build upon what he showed last season, but to date I haven't seen it with the exception of the Seahawks' game. I think it's just fair criticism of the QB that goes with the territory.

@BuffRumblings

Weighing Tyrod Taylor’s risk aversion against the pros and cons of being more aggressive

https://t.co/T2FfxeRuCs

Before this season began I was hopeful that Tyrod would build upon what he showed last season, but to date I haven't seen it with the exception of the Seahawks' game. I think it's just fair criticism of the QB that goes with the territory.

@BuffRumblings

Weighing Tyrod Taylors risk aversion against the pros and cons of being more aggressive

Same here! I was hoping to see improvements but his play on a week to week basis has become exhausting. I suspect your annoyed as I am with the thought of another season of this and the pending price tag?

I would much rather turn over some new stones and keep the money to improve the team elsewhere. That way when we do finally find a capable QB the team is in place to win with.

@BuffRumblings

Weighing Tyrod Taylor’s risk aversion against the pros and cons of being more aggressive

Same here! I was hoping to see improvements but his play on a week to week basis has become exhausting. I suspect your annoyed as I am with the thought of another season of this and the pending price tag?

I would much rather turn over some new stones and keep the money to improve the team elsewhere. That way when we do finally find a capable QB the team is in place to win with.

Agree and agree. It's really exhausting.

Drew was good until he was determined to have no clinical evidence of brain function. :D

Ouch! I will alwAys have ill feelings towards Drew because before he was drafted the Pats were always blacked out and I had a good chance at seeing the Bills play. Now I'm stuck paying for the steaming service.

He was a good QB when he could sit in the pocket and throw ropes to Ben Coates. Those two guys will haunt me, and some silly pass interference call made one year in the end zone that bailed them out. Can't remember the year or game, just the pain!!

These aren't "contrarian points". Everyone was saying this was going to a ground and pound offense. And it is. Your ground and pound QB also runs the ball, hits at least 60% of his passes, has an efficient red one offense, and does' turn the ball over.

This is what he did yesterday. Yet you can't figure this out, somehow. My pointing this out isn't "contrarian". It's just describing the obvious.