Pats game day experience....terrible

Mango

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mango. I am glad you shared this story.

But i am really bummed from your experience.

I will likely never go to a game again.

Had a friend going with her brothers and sisters from out of state, and one of the women is a Patriots fan.

I honestly told them not to wear her gear. For fear of unruliness and a bad experience.

I documented here the last game i went to over fifteen years ago. My Son was a Pats fan and took unnecessary grief. a kid of 12 taking crap.

Good thing we are role models when we need to be.

Lord knows some one should be.

And you did the right thing Mango. Remained civilised.

Ok.....

I've never seen this happen at the stadium, but it doesn't surprise me.

Still weird that the woman flat out punched you. No offense here please.... but is there any part of the story you're not sharing? If it went down EXACTLY as you described, then those two people are complete wastes of life and were likely looking for an altercation. They should both be locked up.

I think a solution to this is to move the stadium into the city. Less seats, higher prices, less crazy tailgating. Make it classier... keep the riff raff out. Maybe it's the kind of change this franchise needs.

My opinion is that they'll never truly be able to contain the tailgating scene in orchard park. They would have to substantially increase ticket prices.. which will then leave thousands of open seats. Not a good result. Time for the Pegula's to consider the future.

The stadium and Bills games have been a magnet for trash for decades.

Just how it is. I know many people still living in WNY who would laugh at the idea of going out there in the midst of that horde.

Yet many of the people who go to games won't have it any other way. When you bring up a new stadium, reduced tailgating...higher ticket prices....a lot of people are angry about that. Many people go to the games not just to watch the game, but that is their place to party. There are just a lot of regular fans who WANT to have one or two (or 5) drinks, want a place where they can act a little crazy. If you change that, there will be a lot of unhappy fans.

I'm not sure if there is a solution...unless you are willing to go all out to eliminate that type of fan from the stadium.

I don't go to many (any) games anymore, but in the past when I did...I did see some really crazy behavior.

Edited by mjd1001

Ok.....

I've never seen this happen at the stadium, but it doesn't surprise me.

Still weird that the woman flat out punched you. No offense here please.... but is there any part of the story you're not sharing? If it went down EXACTLY as you described, then those two people are complete wastes of life and were likely looking for an altercation. They should both be locked up.

I think a solution to this is to move the stadium into the city. Less seats, higher prices, less crazy tailgating. Make it classier... keep the riff raff out. Maybe it's the kind of change this franchise needs.

My opinion is that they'll never truly be able to contain the tailgating scene in orchard park. They would have to substantially increase ticket prices.. which will then leave thousands of open seats. Not a good result. Time for the Pegula's to consider the future.

The first time or two was polite. And I was still threatened, after the first time of asking nicely. A guy walking in the other direction even interjected "dude is being pretty nice, just stop being an ass"/ But yes I was more vulgar and stern than the post may imply after the pushing continued. But no, no name calling, no questioning of parenting. This was also after threatening me to punch me, after being nice. Just sticking up for myself after being threatened. I've instigated a number of situations in my early 20's. I can ensure you this isn't one of them. And I wasn't drunk. I'm a tall, skinny, jovial guy. Again, I don't have anything to prove anymore. I've won 12 national championships, of good size. I don't have to prove my "worth" to anybody at a bills game

I am Willing to take a lot on the chin but not an absurd amount. Especially that which starts to question my own integrity.

I really don't mind the ribbing, vulgarities, and roasting of other (visiting) fans. (Typo in OP) BUT you can't get physical, you can't make people feel unsafe. This was a single dude (me) trying to walk to his seat with 4 people's worth of food and drink, asking not to be pushed from behind, and even offered the go ahead.

God forbid I stick up for myself without being assaulted. This was totally uncalled for. I truly am embarrassed by the product at the stadium, both on and off the field.

I know the plural of anecdote is not data, but still.....

I hear ya. I was told my ass would be whooped if I didn't stand and cheer last year. Kicker was teeing up the ball for second half kick off. I was confused.

Edited by stony

I used to go to Bills games about 2-3 X a season with my friend who is a season ticket holder. I loved tailgating in my 20s in that grassy field lot near the stadium. That all changed in the early 2000s when I went to a game. Made the mistake of going to the restrooms at half time and the lineup was predictably gigantic. The only lineup that was shorter than about 8 people was a stall. I waited till I thought I was going to burst and went into the stall just as another guy was trying to go in. I wasn't sure who was next in line so I said to the guy, you want to go in first and he looked at me blankly, so I went in and did a quick piss and left. When I got out my friend who was also waiting to go behind me said that the guy who I had asked who was next wanted to fight me because I budded in line. I was so creeped out that I could have been jumped by some drunken mental defective that I decided not too long after to not attend another game. Its just not worth it to experience that kind of disgusting behaviour and potentially be the victim of some life altering assault. What happened to the OP is completely unacceptable but sadly pretty common with some of the lowlifes you encounter if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time!

When I read the title thought the offensive fan would be a M a s s h o l e for sure. They are the worst. Sux it was Bill-on-Bill violence.

Haven't read the whole thread, next thought after reading OP was wondering how many twenty-somethings would chime in if you don't want to get punched in the face, don't go to the stadium :rolleyes:

Edited by stevewin

I don't see the reason people feel the need to get absolutely hammered at a Bills game. For me it makes it completely no fun. I have paid for Sunday ticket (live in Ohio) for the last 16 seasons. Call me a puxxy all you want, I'd prefer to watch the game in the comfort of my own home without some jacktard puking on me, urinating on me or punching me. Screw that, I have no need for it.

When I read the title thought the offensive fan would be a M a s s h o l e for sure. They are the worst. Sux it was Bill-on-Bill violence.

Haven't read the whole thread, next thought after reading OP was wondering how many twenty-somethings would chime in if you don't want to get punched in the face, don't go to the stadium :rolleyes:

I wondered the same thing... in the past, these threads usually had defenders of the crazy behavior. Not so much anymore.

I will say, however, that the stadium experience in the club seating is a lot safer and far more enjoyable. The price of the tickets weeds out the lowlifes, and the drunks that do make it in are of the happy and fun-loving variety rather than the angry and violent ones. The ticket holders tend older and are life-long fans; I've had great conversations about the Bills with random people in the club lounge area several times. If you sit outside in your seat, rather than in the club, you still feel like you're part of the action.

The first time or two was polite. And I was still threatened, after the first time of asking nicely. A guy walking in the other direction even interjected "dude is being pretty nice, just stop being an ass"/ But yes I was more vulgar and stern than the post may imply after the pushing continued. But no, no name calling, no questioning of parenting. This was also after threatening me to punch me, after being nice. Just sticking up for myself after being threatened. I've instigated a number of situations in my early 20's. I can ensure you this isn't one of them. And I wasn't drunk. I'm a tall, skinny, jovial guy. Again, I don't have anything to prove anymore. I've won 12 national championships, of good size. I don't have to prove my "worth" to anybody at a bills game

I am Willing to take a lot on the chin but not an absurd amount. Especially that which starts to question my own integrity.

Like I said, my friend.. no offense. Just wanted to feel justified about calling a new set of parents complete worthless garbage! I hope karma kicks these two in the butt... and hard.

Sorry this happened to you. Wish I could've been there to help step in. People that are looking for fights are the worst. At least it will leave you with a lifelong lesson (that you can pass to others, and maybe your own kids someday) about how not to act.

I still stand by my thoughts about moving the stadium to downtown and making it a more classy experience for everyone. Barstool sports makes a living on Bills trash right now!

Like I said, my friend.. no offense. Just wanted to feel justified about calling a new set of parents complete worthless garbage! I hope karma kicks these two in the butt... and hard.

Sorry this happened to you. Wish I could've been there to help step in. People that are looking for fights are the worst. At least it will leave you with a lifelong lesson (that you can pass to others, and maybe your own kids someday) about how not to act.

I still stand by my thoughts about moving the stadium to downtown and making it a more classy experience for everyone. Barstool sports makes a living on Bills trash right now!

Yep move it downtown, limit or kill tailgates, raise prices.

Ban for life people that just cant be adults

Only a matter of time before tailgating is banished. The NFL wants people like that as far from their stadiums as possible.

Tailgating has absolutely nothing to do with behavior like that. All societies have scumbags, just like all societies have decent, kind hearted people.

Thats obviously a rarity what the poster experienced, a once in a lifetime occurrence with some pathetic, disturbed losers.