Pats game day experience....terrible

Mango

Bills fan here. Just wanted to share a story.

I drew the short straw at half time to grab my friends and I food and drinks. I was walking back to my seats in a crowded causeway in the lower bowl, carrying 2 trays with 3 cheese steaks 2 coffees and 2 beers. The guy behind me kept shoving me. I turned around and asked him to stop, there was nowhere for me to go. Something I never do, but this was actual pushing/shoving. Not sure why he was doing this. Just a guy alone.

He says, "talk to me again and I'll punch you" I turn around keep walking. He keeps pushing me. Again I say, "dude there is no where for me to go". He tells me he has a baby. I offer to let him go Infront if it's an emergency. He tells me no and I need to not be a kitty. Again if I turn around he'll punch me in the face.

Finally we exchange words that I am doing the best I can but I am going to drop everything if he continues. His GF/Wife walks up to me and literally punches me in the face. My hands are full, I just go to my seat. A bunch of men and women step in to tell him he was out of line and so was his lady. I continue on my way to not be involved in any altercation.

I don't have seasons but go to 4-6 games per year. I generally have overlooked people's complaints about game day experiences because I think a football game is sometimes a vulgar experience. In my life tailgating and going to games for the last 15 years, I've never experienced anything like this at the Ralph/New Era. It was absurd and unwarranted.

I feel bad for this fan base on all sorts of levels. But this is what we've become. Might as well be the raiders with nonsense like this. Roasting and vulgarities at opposing fans. Getting physical with your own fan base, and even instigating it is poor character for us.

I'm debating whether or not even going to the game is worth it at this point. I was offended, and disgusted. If there was security near by I would have absolutely reported it and had him ejected. Poor look for a new father.

Note: I had a ton to do today. I didn't tailgate. I parked and met friends at the gate. I wasn't drinking. But it's really a sad day to see bills fans react this was especially with kids. And by kids I mean his baby was about 6 months old on a 50 degree rainy day.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another reason IMO ticket prices need yo go up and tailgating limited. To weed out the people that cant handle it

Only a matter of time before tailgating is banished. The NFL wants people like that as far from their stadiums as possible.

Only a matter of time before tailgating is banished. The NFL wants people like that as far from their stadiums as possible.

I really don't mind the ribbing, vulgarities, and roasting of other (visiting) fans. (Typo in OP) BUT you can't get physical, you can't make people feel unsafe. This was a single dude (me) trying to walk to his seat with 4 people's worth of food and drink, asking not to be pushed from behind, and even offered the go ahead.

God forbid I stick up for myself without being assaulted. This was totally uncalled for. I truly am embarrassed by the product at the stadium, both on and off the field.

I know the plural of anecdote is not data, but still.....

Edited by Mango

Sounds like you had a problem with 2 people and a few others came to your support, I wouldn't say the fan base is to blame here. On a side note, that sounds like a bad call on your or your groups part to try and carry that much stuff while in a crowded environment.

Sounds like you had a problem with 2 people and a few others came to your support, I wouldn't say the fan base is to blame here. On a side note, that sounds like a bad call on your or your groups part to try and carry that much stuff while in a crowded environment.

Absolutely. When going to concessions at the Ralph you always need someone to ride shotgun so the food doesn't have to be dropped when the inevitable scuffle occurs!

Another reason IMO ticket prices need yo go up and tailgating limited. To weed out the people that cant handle it

That story really sucks and it's a shame that happens. It's a serious problem.

On a related note, we went to see Daniel Tosh not too long ago, not because we're huge fans but he was at a cool place only a couple miles from home. After offending the entire population, he said something like "I really have to apologize for those ticket prices, but it would be WAY too dangerous to say this schitt in front of people who could only afford to pay $12 to get in." He was right.

Why anyone pays their hard earned money to watch these !@#$tards is beyond me. Every single game is on tv. Relax on your couch. No !@#$s punching you or talking **** to you. No waiting in line for 15 minutes to take a piss. Stay home and watch. It's glorious. Except of course when the Bills suck like today.

Not even for the scuffle part. I wouldn't carry that in my house by myself. In a crowded environment you are doing nothing but impeding crowd flow.

Absolutely. When going to concessions at the Ralph you always need someone to ride shotgun so the food doesn't have to be dropped when the inevitable scuffle occurs!

I don't disagree about the fans....or the planning for food and drink.

But it's not like I was leaving 8' of space between me and the person infront of me. We were all sardines. All the others around me were joking about all the stuff I had. So yes he fan base was supportive.

My 15 years is my adult experience. My grandparents had seasons growing up and I started going to games at 6ish. Never have I experienced this. I'm barely over 30 now. But this was absurd.

In all honesty, I haven't always been the model fan at games, especially in my youth, though never violent or aggressive like this. This was unprovoked and rediculous. I don't care if I was carrying a couch through the causeway, this isn't how adults react.

Oh, I'm not excusing the behavior of the 2 you encountered at all. They sound like despicable people.

I don't disagree about the fans....or the planning for food and drink.

But it's not like I was leaving 8' of space between me and the person infront of me. We were all sardines. All the others around me were joking about all the stuff I had. So yes he fan base was supportive.

My 15 years is my adult experience. My grandparents had seasons growing up and I started going to games at 6ish. Never have I experienced this. I'm barely over 30 now. But this was absurd.

In all honesty, I haven't always been the model fan at games, especially in my youth, though never violent or aggressive like this. This was unprovoked and rediculous. I don't care if I was carrying a couch through the causeway, this isn't how adults react.