Pats game day experience....terrible

Mango

I would wager to guess that both the woman and the man were drunk, or at least, I would hope they were. This kind of stuff is sadly not a rare thing at Bills home games. I'm not a teetotaler, I'm a fan of craft beer, wine, and liquor, but the repeated incidents at Bills games are clear cases of alcohol abuse by alcoholics. It's just a matter of time before the team gets sued over a serious incident.

The team could fix this by:

- Denying entry to anyone obviously intoxicated. Strictly enforce this. Use a portable breathalyzer for anyone that denies it.

- Ban consumption of alcohol in the parking lots, and have either Erie County or the Town of Orchard Park pass an ordinance to ban outdoor alcohol consumption in the surrounding private parking lots on game days. I really don't want to see this, but I don't know what the alternative is. WNY's drinking culture is a big part of the reason why this is happening.

- Further raise the price of alcohol to limit demand.

A breathalyzer? To see if they are too drunk to drive?

Nanny state. Though some of you obviously need a nanny.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see a lot of stories like this and I won't lie. It makes me nervous about flying over for a game. As of right now, I'd probably be coming over on my own without anyone watching my back.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience today, Mango. It's a shame that the odd few seems to ruin it for the majoriy of decently behaved fans.

Do not let this story or any other one on this board keep you from coming to game. I am 54, been going to games since i was 6...prolly been to at least 160 Bills games , have never once had an issue...ever.

Been unsafe place for many years, but that is a very sick story.

Stop it with this "unsafe place" ridiculous statement.

That's a lot for one person to be carrying thru the crowd there. I could guess that would not end well

About a month ago, wasn't there a guy got punched out at a concession line and ended up on life support. Baltimore maybe?

What...when 70K people get together somewhere...sometimes there is a knucklehead in the crowd...this cant be right though as it only happens in Buffalo ya know

I have seen multiple acts of violence and disgusting drunkenness at every single game I have attended.

I have seen like two fights in 40 years...go figure

Simple, the tickets aren't expensive enough.

I've lived in the PNW for the last 10 years or so. I'm going to the MNF game next week at CenturyLink. I paid over $350 for each seat, they are lower deck seats around the 25 yard line, about 20 rows up from the field. The cheapest seats (standing room only) are going for $200 a pop.

The Bills aren't exactly a hot ticket here, either. MNF draws a few people, but otherwise, it's an obscure opponent that hasn't been in town for 12 years.

In Buffalo, for a similar caliber game (vs Steelers), those 25 yd line seats are going for about $150 less, at $200 each. The cheapest seats are under $100.

If you raise the price, it will weed out the riff raff that permeate the stadium. The problem the Pegulas face is that they will price out legitimate fans in the process.

another silly post. class has zero to do with money.

And for those that go to a lot of Bills game, this particular fan base(the Pats fans s) go beyond the pale in terms of bad behavior at a game. They believe that because their team wins, they are somehow entitled to be absolute richard heads at a game.

Yesterday, i was very proud of the way our fans handled it. Had a young lady in front of us, about 25, her first NFL game, wearing a Gronk jersey...who thought it appropriate to give a double one-finger salute to the crowd when Gronk scored. I let her know very politely not the greatest of behaviour..lets just say she didnt care. No one bothered her the whole game as this behaviour continued. Awesome fans....

Edited by plenzmd1

It shouldn't be that way. There are alot of idiots at Bills games. I used to be able to tolerate them and laugh about it but am too old for that crap anymore. I usually only go to games when I get complimentary box seats. I mean it is down right embarrassing to be associated with these idiots. I would never bring a kid and wouldn't even want to sit in the stands with my wife because I would probably be forced to defend her...again.

I went to a game at Cowboys Stadium. What a difference. People there actually had some class and it was a pleasant experience. Tailgating wasn't as fun but the view was much better.. if you know what I mean.

It shouldn't be that way. There are alot of idiots at Bills games. I used to be able to tolerate them and laugh about it but am too old for that crap anymore. I usually only go to games when I get complimentary box seats. I mean it is down right embarrassing to be associated with these idiots. I would never bring a kid and wouldn't even want to sit in the stands with my wife because I would probably be forced to defend her...again.

I went to a game at Cowboys Stadium. What a difference. People there actually had some class and it was a pleasant experience. Tailgating wasn't as fun but the view was much better.. if you know what I mean.

good, stay home

Simple, the tickets aren't expensive enough.

I've lived in the PNW for the last 10 years or so. I'm going to the MNF game next week at CenturyLink. I paid over $350 for each seat, they are lower deck seats around the 25 yard line, about 20 rows up from the field. The cheapest seats (standing room only) are going for $200 a pop.

The Bills aren't exactly a hot ticket here, either. MNF draws a few people, but otherwise, it's an obscure opponent that hasn't been in town for 12 years.

In Buffalo, for a similar caliber game (vs Steelers), those 25 yd line seats are going for about $150 less, at $200 each. The cheapest seats are under $100.

If you raise the price, it will weed out the riff raff that permeate the stadium. The problem the Pegulas face is that they will price out legitimate fans in the process.

Raise prices so me and my fancy cheese eating/land rover driving friends can take over the stadium.

Tickets too cheap. Lol. What a load of BS.

Yet many of the people who go to games won't have it any other way. When you bring up a new stadium, reduced tailgating...higher ticket prices....a lot of people are angry about that. Many people go to the games not just to watch the game, but that is their place to party. There are just a lot of regular fans who WANT to have one or two (or 5) drinks, want a place where they can act a little crazy. If you change that, there will be a lot of unhappy fans.

I'm not sure if there is a solution...unless you are willing to go all out to eliminate that type of fan from the stadium.

I don't go to many (any) games anymore, but in the past when I did...I did see some really crazy behavior.

would this be a bad thing?

I think a solution to this is to move the stadium into the city. Less seats, higher prices, less crazy tailgating. Make it classier... keep the riff raff out. Maybe it's the kind of change this franchise needs.

My opinion is that they'll never truly be able to contain the tailgating scene in orchard park. They would have to substantially increase ticket prices.. which will then leave thousands of open seats. Not a good result. Time for the Pegula's to consider the future.

Moving the stadium downtown will not solve anything. How's the guy in Baltimore (stadium is downtown) doing after he was beat up by the raider fans a couple of weeks ago? I think he had a 30% chance of survival. It all about self respect.

Bills fan here. Just wanted to share a story.

I drew the short straw at half time to grab my friends and I food and drinks. I was walking back to my seats in a crowded causeway in the lower bowl, carrying 2 trays with 3 cheese steaks 2 coffees and 2 beers. The guy behind me kept shoving me. I turned around and asked him to stop, there was nowhere for me to go. Something I never do, but this was actual pushing/shoving. Not sure why he was doing this. Just a guy alone.

He says, "talk to me again and I'll punch you" I turn around keep walking. He keeps pushing me. Again I say, "dude there is no where for me to go". He tells me he has a baby. I offer to let him go Infront if it's an emergency. He tells me no and I need to not be a kitty. Again if I turn around he'll punch me in the face.

Finally we exchange words that I am doing the best I can but I am going to drop everything if he continues. His GF/Wife walks up to me and literally punches me in the face. My hands are full, I just go to my seat. A bunch of men and women step in to tell him he was out of line and so was his lady. I continue on my way to not be involved in any altercation.

I don't have seasons but go to 4-6 games per year. I generally have overlooked people's complaints about game day experiences because I think a football game is sometimes a vulgar experience. In my life tailgating and going to games for the last 15 years, I've never experienced anything like this at the Ralph/New Era. It was absurd and unwarranted.

I feel bad for this fan base on all sorts of levels. But this is what we've become. Might as well be the raiders with nonsense like this. Roasting and vulgarities at opposing fans. Getting physical with your own fan base, and even instigating it is poor character for us.

I'm debating whether or not even going to the game is worth it at this point. I was offended, and disgusted. If there was security near by I would have absolutely reported it and had him ejected. Poor look for a new father.

Note: I had a ton to do today. I didn't tailgate. I parked and met friends at the gate. I wasn't drinking. But it's really a sad day to see bills fans react this was especially with kids. And by kids I mean his baby was about 6 months old on a 50 degree rainy day.

I was wondering where the EJ supporters are coming from... Looks like you stumbled into a couple.

But I agree, I have no desire to actually go to the stadium. Defining a seat at New Era is like trying to define a catch in the NFL except everyone is covered in their own pee and vomit.

Edited by Jobot

Mango, I'm sorry this happened to you. If people can't go to a Bills, or any other game, and just have a good time and enjoy the

game without encountering animals like this, that's a shame and a terrible statement on too large a segment of our society.

I hope you have many, many more great experiences in the future at New Era.

Time to start weeding these morons out of the stadium.