Pats game day experience....terrible

Mango

I would wager to guess that both the woman and the man were drunk, or at least, I would hope they were. This kind of stuff is sadly not a rare thing at Bills home games. I'm not a teetotaler, I'm a fan of craft beer, wine, and liquor, but the repeated incidents at Bills games are clear cases of alcohol abuse by alcoholics. It's just a matter of time before the team gets sued over a serious incident.

The team could fix this by:

- Denying entry to anyone obviously intoxicated. Strictly enforce this. Use a portable breathalyzer for anyone that denies it.

- Ban consumption of alcohol in the parking lots, and have either Erie County or the Town of Orchard Park pass an ordinance to ban outdoor alcohol consumption in the surrounding private parking lots on game days. I really don't want to see this, but I don't know what the alternative is. WNY's drinking culture is a big part of the reason why this is happening.

- Further raise the price of alcohol to limit demand.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even for the scuffle part. I wouldn't carry that in my house by myself. In a crowded environment you are doing nothing but impeding crowd flow.

There was no impeding. I was shoulder to shoulder with everybody around me, and offered the right of way. I don't understand the rationalization for the incident by you or him.

You wouldn't carry 2 8" trays through your own house?

I would wager to guess that both the woman and the man were drunk, or at least, I would hope they were. This kind of stuff is sadly not a rare thing at Bills home games. I'm not a teetotaler, I'm a fan of craft beer, wine, and liquor, but the repeated incidents at Bills games are clear cases of alcohol abuse by alcoholics. It's just a matter of time before the team gets sued over a serious incident.

The team could fix this by:

- Denying entry to anyone obviously intoxicated. Strictly enforce this. Use a portable breathalyzer for anyone that denies it.

- Ban consumption of alcohol in the parking lots, and have either Erie County or the Town of Orchard Park pass an ordinance to ban outdoor alcohol consumption in the surrounding private parking lots on game days. I really don't want to see this, but I don't know what the alternative is. WNY's drinking culture is a big part of the reason why this is happening.

- Further raise the price of alcohol to limit demand.

I don't fully disagree. But at some point people are just sh*tty. Thy needs to resolved. We can ban whatever we want. But people can suck.

I agree with an earlier post, the drinking culture is getting out of hand. I enjoy craft beer. Used to manage a brewery (in OKC), enjoy good wine. But he'll. My poor drunk behavior at 20 didn't compare to the nonsense of that incident today.

There was no impeding. I was shoulder to shoulder with everybody around me, and offered the right of way. I don't understand the rationalization for the incident by you or him.

You wouldn't carry 2 8" trays through your own house?

Yeah, that's just wrong. People need to be civil, even at a Bills game.

In my youth I may have assisted you by relieving you of a couple of beers and a cheesesteak, then heading the other way. It would have eased your passage and quenched my thirst. Win-win, right? :)

That's still better than what actually happened to him.

In my youth I may have assisted you by relieving you of a couple of beers and a cheesesteak, then heading the other way. It would have eased your passage and quenched my thirst. Win-win, right? :)

I would have been pissed but laughed pretty hard about it later. I like your style. A real Mother Theresa.

Bills fan here. Just wanted to share a story.

I drew the short straw at half time to grab my friends and I food and drinks. I was walking back to my seats in a crowded causeway in the lower bowl, carrying 2 trays with 3 cheese steaks 2 coffees and 2 beers. The guy behind me kept shoving me. I turned around and asked him to stop, there was nowhere for me to go. Something I never do, but this was actual pushing/shoving. Not sure why he was doing this. Just a guy alone.

He says, "talk to me again and I'll punch you" I turn around keep walking. He keeps pushing me. Again I say, "dude there is no where for me to go". He tells me he has a baby. I offer to let him go Infront if it's an emergency. He tells me no and I need to not be a kitty. Again if I turn around he'll punch me in the face.

Finally we exchange words that I am doing the best I can but I am going to drop everything if he continues. His GF/Wife walks up to me and literally punches me in the face. My hands are full, I just go to my seat. A bunch of men and women step in to tell him he was out of line and so was his lady. I continue on my way to not be involved in any altercation.

I don't have seasons but go to 4-6 games per year. I generally have overlooked people's complaints about game day experiences because I think a football game is sometimes a vulgar experience. In my life tailgating and going to games for the last 15 years, I've never experienced anything like this at the Ralph/New Era. It was absurd and unwarranted.

I feel bad for this fan base on all sorts of levels. But this is what we've become. Might as well be the raiders with nonsense like this. Roasting and vulgarities at opposing fans. Getting physical with your own fan base, and even instigating it is poor character for us.

I'm debating whether or not even going to the game is worth it at this point. I was offended, and disgusted. If there was security near by I would have absolutely reported it and had him ejected. Poor look for a new father.

Note: I had a ton to do today. I didn't tailgate. I parked and met friends at the gate. I wasn't drinking. But it's really a sad day to see bills fans react this was especially with kids. And by kids I mean his baby was about 6 months old on a 50 degree rainy day.

Don't let people like that ruin something you enjoy. It's an isolated incident. One has to be quite the schmuck to have brought a six-month-old to today's game, so consider the "source" of your problem.

Friend Caitlin went today, many here have met her (Pooj included).

Evidently, pats fans starting fights around her in upper bowl, someone spit on her (pats fan) and on the way out people pushed and shoved her. Id be in jail if I was there. I don't take that ****.

Friend Caitlin went today, many here have met her (Pooj included).

Evidently, pats fans starting fights around her in upper bowl, someone spit on her (pats fan) and on the way out people pushed and shoved her. Id be in jail if I was there. I don't take that ****.

Fully agree. I met a woman I am seeing. Had she been with me and/or getting pushed I would have ended up in Bills jail. I'm a tall guy with a good athletic prowess. At this point in my life I have nothing to prove on my own. But even if I saw you purposefully spit on a female, stranger or not, I don't think I could control myself, nor should I.

I am sorry that happened.

More important question which could explain their behavior, did you order the cheesesteak correctly? It's "wiz wit" or "wiz witout", anything other than that is reason for a punch to the face. 😊

Wit wiz all day!!! I agree, no wiz, and I deserve more than a punch in the face

Fully agree. I met a woman I am seeing. Had she been with me and/or getting pushed I would have ended up in Bills jail. I'm a tall guy with a good athletic prowess. At this point in my life I have nothing to prove on my own. But even if I saw you purposefully spit on a female, stranger or not, I don't think I could control myself, nor should I.

I am sorry that happened.

Wit wiz all day!!! I agree, no wiz, and I deserve more than a punch in the face

evidently she was take. Care of. The guy was aiming at someone else to my knowledgefrom her text. And some kne stepped in and took care of him. He was removed from the area,too

What needs to happen is teams needs to start videotaping the stands so it can be replayed later.

Figure out who threw the pink dildo on the field.

And give him/her a game ball and free seasons for giving an unwatchable game a moment of entertainment.

What needs to happen is teams needs to start videotaping the stands so it can be replayed later.

Figure out who threw the pink dildo on the field.

Video sounds good. Searching for the person shopping for a replacement would be a needle in a haystack.

Went to the Ralph a few years back and was also disturbed at our fans behavior. Only fans I have experienced that are worse have been eagles fans. Went to some bills games at old Texas stadium in Irving years ago. Didn't feel safe there at all -cowboys fans were horrible. Went I went to new cowboys stadium (AT&T) a few years back I noticed the environment had changed. The reply from fans there: we raised ticket prices with new stadium and got rid of the trouble makers. Wonder if pegulas will do the same. You should contact the front office and tell them your story OP

evidently she was take. Care of. The guy was aiming at someone else to my knowledgefrom her text. And some kne stepped in and took care of him. He was removed from the area,too

The drunken slob probably thinks he has a good defense. I was shocked by this behavior at the Rock Pile as a child, so I go in expecting the worst, and I'm pleased when I get more.