Bills Drop total

MAJBobby

I know it is an unofficial stat, however this is one website that tracks drops. I actually like this website a lot, a good amount of useful stuff here.

Bills have logged a total of 4 drops. (Had 15 drops last year)

Ok here is the WRs that actually dropped a pass and their drop rate for the Bills WRs.

Woods - TGTs (37), Catches (25), Drops (2), Drop % (5.4%)

Powell - TGTs (15), Catches (9), Drops (1), Drop % (6.7%)

Watkins - TGTs (11), Catches (6), Drops (1), Drop % (9.1%)

All others have not logged a drop according to these people that log this unofficial stat.

http://www.sportingc...ats/drops/2016/

Tyrod Taylor is ranked as having the 9th lowest drop rate by his WRs.

4 drops out of 192 attempts - with a 2.08% drop rate effecting him. - 2016

Last Year 13 Drops out of 380 attempts with a 3.42% drop rate effecting him

http://www.sportingc...arterback/2016/

Now on Flip side he also has the Highest bad pass % in the NFL.

43 bad passes in 192 attempts. for a 22.4% bad pass rate

Last year - 67 bad passes in 380 attempts for a 17.63% (better than this year)

Whats Funny. For Context (the guy most hate) - EJ 2014 54 bad passes 306 attempts for a 17.64% bad pass rate....... Hmmmmm similar

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/quarterback-bad-pass-percentage/2016/

Edited by MAJBobby

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so tyrod throws one of the best balls in the league?

Throws a catchable ball.

Doesn't say that just says they don't drop the footballs. But is that anything that hits their hands? Or the perfect pass that's dropped? (Those drive me insane when I am watching a game)

No it is not they mention ball placement. Example some called Goodwins drops, but this sight logs 0 drops for Goodwin, Balls have hit his hands but the placement was bad so would have been a great catch but not logged as a drop

About to add another stat to it

Throws a catchable ball.

No it is not they mention ball placement. Example some called Goodwins drops, but this sight logs 0 drops for Goodwin, Balls have hit his hands but the placement was bad so would have been a great catch but not logged as a drop

Thank you, for whatever reason the site wouldn't load on my phone, so that's why I asked the question.

So my take is the Bills have reliable WR who can catch the ball but a QB who is not always that accurate when throwing it???

Thank you, for whatever reason the site wouldn't load on my phone, so that's why I asked the question.

So my take is the Bills have reliable WR who can catch the ball but a QB who is not always that accurate when throwing it???

Correct if you look at these three stats. I added his Bad Pass rate just now

so tyrod throws one of the best balls in the league?

No this means that Tyrod's accuracy is benefited from his WR catching the ball consistently.

Basically his incompletions are because the throws were not on target. This could mean many things from throw-aways, wrong routes run, etc..

From this info, all you can really do is say that Tyrod's accuracy is not negatively impacted from drops as much as other qbs in the league.

Edited by Jobot

No this means that Tyrod's accuracy is benefited from his WR catching the ball consistently.

Basically his incompletions are because the throws were not on target. This could mean many things from throw-aways, wrong routes run, etc..

From this info, all you can really do is say that Tyrod's accuracy is not negatively impacted from drops as much as other qbs in the league.

Here is his Incompletions by type

Bad Throw - 43

Tipped at Line - 3

Defensed - 9

Dropped - 4

Other (I guess this includes throwaways the site really didn't say what other was) - 17

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/quarterback-incompletions-by-type/2016/

Here is his Incompletions by type

Bad Throw - 43

Tipped at Line - 3

Defensed - 9

Dropped - 4

Other (I guess this includes throwaways the site really didn't say what other was) - 17

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/quarterback-incompletions-by-type/2016/

so about half of his bad throws are throwaways? He's not been very accurate but he hasn't had much time in the pocket. When he throws on time and without pressure he hits his target most of the time IMO. TTs play has been a huge disappointment for me this year, for the most part. I get it, everyone here probably does, you don't like TT and think he's not the answer at QB for the future. How many new threads do you need to start about it?

so about half of his bad throws are throwaways? He's not been very accurate but he hasn't had much time in the pocket. When he throws on time and without pressure he hits his target most of the time IMO. TTs play has been a huge disappointment for me this year, for the most part. I get it, everyone here probably does, you don't like TT and think he's not the answer at QB for the future. How many new threads do you need to start about it?

No he has 43 Bad throws

and 17 throwaways they are not the same.

And I didn't start a new thread about it did I? Nope I included the stat in a thread I started to kill the misconception that we have a lot of drops. You can now relax

Probably has correlation with the low YAC numbers. Catching is easy when your stationary.

This.

However it is worth noting that he earns the right to throw to wide open and often stationary receivers with his ability to regularly prolong plays 4+ seconds before he has to throw.........be it by actually scrambling/running or teams just fearing overpursuit and giving him space to try to contain him in the pocket.

It's been surprising to me how aggressive defenses have been rushing him and he's made some rushers look utterly foolish in the process but really hasn't been able to gash teams on the regular when they do.......so their gambles haven't been nearly as costly as they could have been if TT was seeing the field better and making more accurate throws.

Goodwin's catch percentage per target is absurdly low. It's so much lower than every other player on the team, that I'm fairly convinced he sucks. Maybe he's not dropping passes, but him and TT are not on the same page at all.

I have a theory on that.

Kinda played out with Roscoe as well. Your smaller WRs are not going to be too affective with inaccurate QBs, because of their catch radius and such

Where are Goodwin's drops? Woods has more than two. If they're only counting "room service" drops, then the stat is next to useless.

Again you call it a drop fine... This Site and one of the only ones that track drops says otherwise.

It seems like there is a lot of dropped balls.....but when you throw that stat out there there really is not

Maybe its because we dont throw as many passes?

It is also how this site classifies a drop. What some see as a drop because it hit a WR in the hands (ie Goodwins Slant sunday) is not tracked as a drop with this site instead goes down as a bad throw because of ball placement.