Reggie Bush Taking WR Reps in Bills' Practice

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Justin Hunter is going to go off this Sunday.

One can only hope that he is getting more acclimated with the offense now. A big WR with speed who knows the offense would be just what the doctor ordered for Tyrod. Hopefully Clay can hold up as well. I expect Hunter, Clay, and O'Leary to do most of the damage in the passing game.

Good move. Reggie in space can still do damage.

Hunter had issues understanding the playbook in Tennessee. He ran the wrong routes and had issues blocking down field on running plays. The past few games he's looked great. He has all the physical tools to contribute.

Overall, Hunter has a great backing and support cast. Something he didn't have on the Titans. It also helps that Tyrod is from the same area where Hunter grew up.

That's where he belongs. He can potentially help the team there. He can't be the guy carrying the ball but he can be dangerous in the slot, in space and down the field.

Don't know if he has the toughness needed to catch balls from the slot.. He may be ok but I would prefer that they find another WR.

They'll have Kiko in there to sniff out any screens. Id like to see them set up a wheel route to Reggie at some point and try to catch them sleeping. Kikos really good when the ball is in front of him, but he can be fooled in coverage downfield.

Best LB I have seen on the flair passes to the RB.

They need to find a way to get Reggie involved in the offense. He doesn't seem to have the same burst that he once had.

The team is obviously a lil desperate at WR right now with only Woods (inj.), Goodwin, Powell, Hunter, and Tate on the active roster.

That has to be one of the very worst WR corps in the entire league.

Reggie can potentially help on short passes out of the backfield and from the slot.

Right now all you can do is use what you've got.

My recommendation though is that Whaley should be on the lookout to add a WR or two if he plans to help this team get to the playoffs.

I'd love to know when Easley and Listenbee might be available to be added to the 53 man roster.

I think bush is a smart player and plays smart. He isn't as fast or dynamic as before. He can still succeed, but I don't think at the level anyone hopes. After catches and on runs he takes the right angles and cutbacks. Just not as quick before to make the football moves needed to bust a play open.

I think bush is a smart player and plays smart. He isn't as fast or dynamic as before. He can still succeed, but I don't think at the level anyone hopes. After catches and on runs he takes the right angles and cutbacks. Just not as quick before to make the football moves needed to bust a play open.

In other words, he sucks now.

Based on his limited play and very poor production so far, I am in the camp that he sucks until he proves otherwise. But maybe he will be better at receiver than he has been at RB.

This. I don't want to see him in the backfield at all. Considering all of our injuries, his only value is as a wr

in 6 carries he had the 2(?) losses and the rest has been boring but positive. im not saying hes about to light the world on fire, but i still wouldnt be shocked to see him contribute in some packages (even in the backfield) if we grow our play count a bit. some screens, wheel routes, etc... out of the backfield with a few carries to keep things honest wouldnt bother me. then you motion him wide and run some crosses and stuff against a linebacker?

i dont expect him to be great. but if he was good enough to carry at this salary, id hope hes still physically well enough to do at least the baseline stuff

They need to find a way to get Reggie involved in the offense. He doesn't seem to have the same burst that he once had.

they dont NEED to, but if he doesnt warrant it, i wouldnt have kept him.

@mikerodak

Reggie Bush getting reps at WR in individual drills today for Bills. Something team tried earlier this season. http://es.pn/2dsPMTE

put him the slot, Edleman sr.

OK, I'll put it out there. I have NOT seen much of Reggie Bush the last 4 years. What I see in stats is he caught 4 out of 10 targets last year, and was kind of "meh" for a slot guy the previous 2 years in Detroit - usually your RB catch % is up in the mid-70s.

Walk me through why you think he can potentially help the team as a WR?

He's got nothing else to do and we are thin at WR, worth a shot.

Sorry but Whaley needs to make a move beyond just brining in Hunter. There is no guarantee Sammy will be able to come back this year. The playoffs are a real possibilty and it is time to deal an extra DB and or a draft pick for a WR.

What if Hunter is pretty good, and Woods doesn't miss time? Lots we don't know from the outside. Not saying they are ok, but also not hitting any panic button.

Where will we see Reggie Bush vs. Miami?

Reggie Bush was signed about a week into training camp to be the team’s primary return man. He and free agent pickup Brandon Tate have shared the role. The Bills could be down in numbers at running back today depending on LeSean McCoy’s availability and at receiver with Robert Woods doubtful for today’s game. Bush has proven capable of filling a RB or WR role in his 11-year career. So where might we see him today against the Dolphins?