Gilmore Thread

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, here's another game where this so-called "elite" cornerback got burned BADLY and the result was a touchdown this time. I mean, this is supposed to be one of the best corners in the league and the play was amatuer and rookie-like. Tell me again why he's worth $100MM?

Are we sure Gilmore blew it, as opposed to Darby? It was unclear to me.

OK, here's another game where this so-called "elite" cornerback got burned BADLY and the result was a touchdown this time. I mean, this is supposed to be one of the best corners in the league and the play was amatuer and rookie-like. Tell me again why he's worth $100MM?

Tell me again how we know he was responsible for the blown coverage and not Darby?

The forum will kill you for using anything remotely specific to make an obvious point--just know that I agree. I like Gilmore, and wish he could stay a Bill, but he will not be on the team moving forward. He's a good player that someone will likely pay great player money. He's the next Jairus Byrd (although he won't get that much of a premium).

Edited by dayman

It's really hard to see how it could be anyone's fault but Gilmore. He was oblivious to the receiver that blew by him.

I'm 100% certain that he wasn't oblivious; there was clearly a miscommunication.

My money is on Gilmore thinking he had safety help; no way to know who's mistake that was.

I do like that it's somehow "another" game where he gets burned--has he even allowed a TD this season?

Spoiler alert: the answer is no.

We have ourselves a new whipping boy!

He's a new whipping boy?

To the extent he is a whipping boy, it isn't new.

Also, I'm not sure how everyone saying "I like that guy, he is a good player" makes him a whipping boy.

Does that mean you are a whipping boy unless most fans say you don't deserve top-5 money? We have a lot of whipping boys then....

Edited by dayman

It's impossible to know who was to blame on that TD play as far as coverage. The only thing we do know is Aaron Williams missed an open field tackle although it was difficult. It looked like Gilmore was not covering anyone but it wasn't obvious that he made the mistake. It wasn't the guy he was in front of at the snap.

It's impossible to know who was to blame on that TD play as far as coverage. The only thing we do know is Aaron Williams missed an open field tackle although it was difficult. It looked like Gilmore was not covering anyone but it wasn't obvious that he made the mistake. It wasn't the guy he was in front of at the snap.

No way AW was going to make that tackle.

He's an above average corner that someone will pay elite money. Just like clements and winfield and Nate odoms back in the day. Have to let him walk for that kind of money.

Probably true. We should have paid Winfield though, although it was impossible to know that at the time because Clements was coming up the next year.