Kaepernick to start on Sunday

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You don't know what you are rambling about. The NFL uniform policy, though very stupid, is very consistent. Requests have to be in like a year ahead of time. It's the same policy that fines D'Angelo Williams for honoring his mother because of breast cancer.

It's stupid but it's consistent.

Ummmm, not really.

Edited by Cripple Creek

Yeah, that's exactly what I said genius.

You're right - Sadly, the risk of death is a part of police officer's job description. You aren't supposed to get killed for a tail light being out or for selling cigarettes.

not supposed to resist arrest, fight back or impede an officer from doing his job...

But so great of you to not understand the issue and confuse it with the false narrative that is so much lazier to believe.

Not going on case by case basis here ? Alrighty

kill all the fat guys selling loosies

This conversation is starting to make me cringe again.

Kaep is protesting for what he believes. I have much different life experiences than my black friends. My reality is different from theirs. It isn't right for me to tell them that their perception is right or wrong. It is THEIR perception. Kaep has elected to bring attention to what he perceives. Whether we like or dislike what he is doing we should ALL respect his right to do it (as long as it is in a peaceful manner).

Insightful post

Here are two videos that will solve 99% of the problems when it comes to police shootings and police brutality. The first video is serious, the second is from Chris Rock (it has some humor, but it tells the truth).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIQrXUBi3js

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEvMc-K8XHY

mr we could use a man like chris rock todaaaaaay

Um, they kinda did use lethal force (choke hold).

did they do the choke hold until he submitted and died? Nah. But they did do it as he continued to jerk and try to throw them.

But, I guess because it was just cigarettes and he was just out in front of the building just hustin feed his daughter... oh its all good baby baby...

Give me a break. The guy was breaking the law and resisted officers. It sucks he died but he was a fat out of shape dumbass who brought it on himself. It could have been just as ridiculous if a cop fell from being pushed and broke their neck.

Sorry. I don't buy your nonsense reply

did they do the choke hold until he submitted and died? Nah. But they did do it as he continued to jerk and try to throw them.

But, I guess because it was just cigarettes and he was just out in front of the building just hustin feed his daughter... oh its all good baby baby...

Give me a break. The guy was breaking the law and resisted officers. It sucks he died but he was a fat out of shape dumbass who brought it on himself. It could have been just as ridiculous if a cop fell from being pushed and broke their neck.

I never got that narrative. "He's just resisting, you can deal with it Mr. Police Officer, it's in your job description". But what is the end game to resisting? Maybe he runs away, maybe he grabs your gun and shoots you, make he kicks the crap out of you, Police shouldn't have to gamble on that if they lose a wrestling match. Stop freaking resisting.

Edited by What a Tuel

Not to get too far off topic, but man, I am really nervous about this game. I know it's just the BBFS in me, but still, Kaep is such an unknown. We really need a lot of points.

Not to get too far off topic, but man, I am really nervous about this game. I know it's just the BBFS in me, but still, Kaep is such an unknown. We really need a lot of points.

That is on topic :lol:

I am too. I don't like the unknown, and of course its BBFS but it's just like us to set off a spark on a comeback player.

Hopefully it's just us, and the Bills are taking this game seriously.

I never got that narrative. "He's just resisting, you can deal with it Mr. Police Officer, it's in your job description". But what is the end game to resisting? Maybe he runs away, maybe he grabs your gun and shoots you, make he kicks the crap out of you, Police shouldn't have to gamble on that if they lose a wrestling match. Stop freaking resisting.

I'd just shoot them. But I'm not a cop

Which essentially can be counted on the hand of a bad woodshop teacher.

Bad shootings occur, there is no question. but to think that it is an epidemic against blacks to specifically target them by the police is to not only to be mistaken, but also to ignore the larger issues that destroy the black communities at much higher rates; black on black murders, horrible job opportunities, and of course the embarrassingly high rate of black children (72%) being born out of wedlock, left to be raised by neighboring gangs.

I'll take Kap seriously about problems in the black communities when he addresses the ongoing problems that lead to high crime in black communities, which naturally leads to a higher number of blacks being targeted by the police in high crime areas.

Kap's thinking is lazy, which is why many people see what he's doing as a diversion.

Ahhh, I was patiently waiting for someone to take this lazy approach to debating this topic: deflecting from the point of the protest to bring up other topics like 'black on black crime'.

Anyone that feels the need to disrespect Kaepernick or anyone who is protesting racism, discrimination, and inequality IS part of the problem. You can chose to ignore the numerous studies and statistics that state African American men are victims of racial profiling by police but you are also choosing to be ignorant.

In the case your discussing, Eric Garner questioned why he was being arrested before that altercation took place. In a police state, I guess you could label that resisting arrest, but not in America.

Do you believe resisting arrest gives police officers the right to kill a man? We can be arrested on the presumption of crime but aren't we all innocent until proven guilty? Your argument holds no weight.

Edited by BuffalooByrd

Ahhh, I was patiently waiting for someone to take this lazy approach to debating this topic: deflecting from the point of the protest to bring up other topics like 'black on black crime'.

Anyone that feels the need to disrespect Kaepernick or anyone who is protesting racism, discrimination, and inequality IS part of the problem. You can chose to ignore the numerous studies and statistics that state African American men are victims of racial profiling by police but you are also choosing to be ignorant.

In the case your discussing, Eric Garner questioned why he was being arrested before that altercation took place. In a police state, I guess you could label that resisting arrest, but not in America.

Do you believe resisting arrest gives police officers the right to kill a man? We can be arrested on the presumption of crime but aren't we all innocent until proven guilty? Your argument holds no weight.

"NYPD officers approached Garner on suspicion of selling "loosies" (single cigarettes) from packs without tax stamps After Garner told the police that he was tired of being harassed and that he was not selling cigarettes, the officers went to arrest Garner. When officer Daniel Pantaleo tried to take Garner's wrist behind his back, Garner pulled his arms away. Pantaleo then put his arm around Garner's neck and took him down onto the ground. After Pantaleo removed his arm from Garner's neck, he pushed the side of Garner's face into the ground while four officers moved to restrain Garner, who repeated "I can't breathe" eleven times while lying facedown on the sidewalk After Garner lost consciousness, officers turned him onto his side to ease his breathing. Garner remained lying on the sidewalk for seven minutes while the officers waited for an ambulance to arrive. The officers and EMTs did not perform CPR on Garner at the scene; according to a spokesman for the PBA, this was because they believed that Garner was breathing and that it would be improper to perform CPR on someone who was still breathing. He was pronounced dead at the hospital approximately one hour later."

The real question is why you think the Police "intentionally" killed him?

Edited by What a Tuel

""Oh, I think he's going to kill it," said the NFC scout. "He's in the perfect system for his skill set. ... I would expect him to do well under Chip."

I know Kelly has attempted to quell expectations, but count me as one of the observers who's anxiously waiting to see if Kaepernick can get back to being the special playmaker who captured the football world's attention a few years ago."

Bucky Brooks article, if Kaepernick is so perfect for Kelly's offense why wasn't he starting from game one? Were Niners willing to tank the season because of the injury clause in his contract?

Edited by chris heff

""Oh, I think he's going to kill it," said the NFC scout. "He's in the perfect system for his skill set. ... I would expect him to do well under Chip."

I know Kelly has attempted to quell expectations, but count me as one of the observers who's anxiously waiting to see if Kaepernick can get back to being the special playmaker who captured the football world's attention a few years ago."

Bucky Brooks article, if Kaepernick is so perfect for Kelly's offense why wasn't he starting from game one? Were Niners willing to tank the season because of the injury clause in his contract?

None of it makes sense. Especially considering the reports that Ponder has been the best QB in practice.

I don't want to debate Garner, because we clearly see it differently. The fact is that they did use lethal force and the man died. That was all I was saying.