Kaepernick to start on Sunday

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He's not the same guy he was. Skinnier, less muscle, new coach, crappier team, all the drama and to boot, hasnt played meaningful football in a while.

There was a time when folks thought he was the perfect qb for a Chip Kelly offense.

I hope he sucks. I'm going to the game with a 49ers fan and he will be unbearable if they beat the Bills. I'm still getting crap for that Shaun Hill poop fest a few years ago.

There was a time when folks thought he was the perfect qb for a Chip Kelly offense.

I hope he sucks. I'm going to the game with a 49ers fan and he will be unbearable if they beat the Bills. I'm still getting crap for that Shaun Hill poop fest a few years ago.

I think he could be the perfect QB for Chip's offense. If he gets back to his physical form from a couple years ago, he could be excellent in that offense. However he is not so I still like our chances.

Kaep is a classic example of a millennial who knows a fraction of what he thinks he knows. As a result, his well intentioned cause is completely misguided. He got caught up in quick narratives, twitter style. To make matters worse, his protesting the national anthem makes no sense.

I don't disagree that the African American community faces a lot of challenges, but police officers looking to kill them is not one. The number one goal of any officer is to make it home, not kill anyone.

And the flag also represents a country where people were 2nd class citizens only 50 years ago. A place where blacks were brought here as slaves. A place where minorites are the majority of the prison population.

There are obviously tons of reasons for this but to pretend like this country is the same for everyone is wrong.

The easy thing for Kaepernick to do is not do anything. He is making a ton of money but he is speaking up for others. Guys getting choked to death for selling cigarettes.

I think America is the best country in the world but there are some giant flaws. And if a guy wants to kneel silently to start a conversation, why does that bother people to the point they want him to get injuried?

Sorry but the easy way is exactly what he is doing now. He is doing more to divide people than bring them together. Not exactly the desired effect.

My point is that the flag represents all not just a select few. I get the outrage. I do. What I will never condone is the idea that it is OK to live here and enjoy the freedoms we have without also standing up for the flag. If he has ever in his life pledged allegiance to the flag, I am flat out calling him damn liar.

And as for the the question at the end, I cannot speak for them but I will say this. A knucklehead deserves to be treated like a knucklehead. If he gets sacked 8 times, I won't sympathize for him unless of course he does get hurt. I would be pretty disappointed with our team especially if it is intentional.

Chip Kelly Announces 49ers Starting QB in Week 6 (6:29)
San Francisco 49ers head coach Chip Kelly unexpectedly addressed reporters on Tuesday and broke the news that Colin Kaepernick will start on Sunday against the Buffalo Bills.

Blaine Gabbert Reacts to Change at QB (4:04)
San Francisco's veteran quarterback voiced his thoughts to head coach Chip Kelly's decision to start Colin Kapernick this week at Buffalo.

Colin Kaepernick: 'I'm Excited and Ready to Go' (7:34)
The San Francisco 49ers quarterback met the media for the first time after being named the starter for the Week 6 game against the Buffalo Bills.

Sorry but the easy way is exactly what he is doing now. He is doing more to divide people than bring them together. Not exactly the desired effect.

My point is that the flag represents all not just a select few. I get the outrage. I do. What I will never condone is the idea that it is OK to live here and enjoy the freedoms we have without also standing up for the flag. If he has ever in his life pledged allegiance to the flag, I am flat out calling him damn liar.

And as for the the question at the end, I cannot speak for them but I will say this. A knucklehead deserves to be treated like a knucklehead. If he gets sacked 8 times, I won't sympathize for him unless of course he does get hurt. I would be pretty disappointed with our team especially if it is intentional.

I don't agree with everything in your post but I definitely respect your point of view

Geezus what does this even mean? People actually believe this garbage? What does this have to do with him playing football this weekend anyway?

Unsubstantiated by facts? Are you out of your mind? This kind of ignorance is mind blowing and makes me ashamed to be from the same country as you. You are an absolute liar or delusional if you don't think there is any evidence to the fact that minorities, especially African Americans, have faced racism and unfair treatment in this country, by our laws, police, etc both in the past and present. There is mountains of evidence. And don't think I didn't notice you refer to him as standing up for "criminals". He is standing up for minorities who have been unnecessarily killed, treated unfairly, etc and you just blanketed all those people as criminals...#Racism101 and its your way of thinking that is the problem in this country.

This is an important football game...the discussion should be about how we are going to game plan to stop what is likely going to be a motivated Kap to prove he should have been the starting QB all along. It wasn't that long ago this guy was a very dangerous QB with what he can do with his legs, and he's got fresh legs too and playing at home. But rather than talk about that, this garbage about him exercising his American right is still dominating the conversation. Get the hell over it, nothing is more UnAmerican than vilifying someone peacefully using their American rights to speak up for fellow Americans that still to this day face racial biased.

Yes , there has been obvious racism in the past. I'm sure it still exists. I am not denying this. I did not call all of those involved in these Police shootings criminals. However, many of these people shot by Police had criminal records , or were even being pursued for committing a crime . In practically every instance they would not have been shot if they followed instructions. Kaepernick say he's bothered that there is no punishment. He wears socks with pigs that have Cop hats on. So he is against the Cops indemnification by Law when using deadly physical force in the scope of their training and if they reasonably felt they were in danger. If you are against a Cops ability to do that , then you are standing up for criminals as the Cop would no longer have any advantage over the bad guys. You are on one side or the other, period. kaep has shown which side he is on. I understand these shootings for what the vast majority of them are; unfortunate and tragic situations where someone didn't follow instructions intended to keep everyone safe. That's not racist. And neither am I. You just don't understand what he is protesting and just how ignorant of the law and the actual situations that he is.

Kaep is a classic example of a millennial who knows a fraction of what he thinks he knows. As a result, his well intentioned cause is completely misguided. He got caught up in quick narratives, twitter style. To make matters worse, his protesting the national anthem makes no sense.

I don't disagree that the African American community faces a lot of challenges, but police officers looking to kill them is not one. The number one goal of any officer is to make it home, not kill anyone.

Exactly , and that is my issue with him as well. There are far more epidemic troubles within the African American community that he could be pointing out. Contributing to a false narrative does no good. Many African Americans have bias against Police. Some may be justified but most of it is not. He's contributing to gang culture and riots by folks who think its cool to disrespect Police. If a significant number of Cops were going out every day looking to shoot people ( of color or not) there would be far more Police shootings than the 700 or so per year in a country of 340 million , with potentially millions of situations per year wher it could happen. It's relatively rare. Why push such a divisive narrative. ?

This conversation is starting to make me cringe again.

Kaep is protesting for what he believes. I have much different life experiences than my black friends. My reality is different from theirs. It isn't right for me to tell them that their perception is right or wrong. It is THEIR perception. Kaep has elected to bring attention to what he perceives. Whether we like or dislike what he is doing we should ALL respect his right to do it (as long as it is in a peaceful manner).

This conversation is starting to make me cringe again.

Kaep is protesting for what he believes. I have much different life experiences than my black friends. My reality is different from theirs. It isn't right for me to tell them that their perception is right or wrong. It is THEIR perception. Kaep has elected to bring attention to what he perceives. Whether we like or dislike what he is doing we should ALL respect his right to do it (as long as it is in a peaceful manner).

No one is saying he can't do it. Just totally misguided and completely influenced by a narrative that just isn't backed up by facts. And just because you're not black doesn't mean you can't have an opinion on the matter. Perception is important, no doubt, but it is easily clouded.

No one is saying he can't do it. Just totally misguided and completely influenced by a narrative that just isn't backed up by facts. And just because you're not black doesn't mean you can't have an opinion on the matter. Perception is important, no doubt, but it is easily clouded.

I can have an opinion but it would be the equivalent of me having an opinion on menstration. I can say whatever I want but cleary can't relate my opinion to a woman's experience.

I can have an opinion but it would be the equivalent of me having an opinion on menstration. I can say whatever I want but cleary can't relate my opinion to a woman's experience.

I agree about being unable to empathize.

I also think dubs made a fair point about Kaep picking a sketchy subject (police allegedly murdering blacks) to serve as the central talking point of his protest, since as he says, the facts don't really support his position.

I personally wish he'd have couched his verbal statements differently; maybe focus on issues for which there's a clearer history of inequality. That doesn't, however, mean that I don't think he's doing what he believes is right.

I'll boo him on Sunday, and boo him raucously--because he plays for the opponent, and that's kind of what I do :lol:

If a friend of mine sat during the anthem, I'm probably too outspoken not to tell him that I didn't agree with it. I also wouldn't make it such an issue that it affected my life. Freedom and all that jazz.