Eric, you look different...

Fixxxer

Lol, he said he was trying to get them lined up or make a call and ended up in the wrong spot...said it definitely wasn't in his Top 10 but at least he made up for it by scrambling for the first down

I showed my dedication to the Bills by not watching a stream, since that worked out vs. Arizona (now have streak of 2 "no stream for me" = "win for Bills")

When I saw that, I wondered if Taylor was OK mentally. Can anyone tell me what plays preceded this? Did it look as though he got his "bell rung"?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I showed my dedication to the Bills by not watching a stream, since that worked out vs. Arizona (now have streak of 2 "no stream for me" = "win for Bills")

When I saw that, I wondered if Taylor was OK mentally. Can anyone tell me what plays preceded this? Did it look as though he got his "bell rung"?

No, he just stood in the wrong spot. Made a mistake. Doesnt seem to be anymore to it than that.

I might be forgetting a play or two, but it was on our first drive and if I remember right it was only the second play, the first being the big Shady run that you can see the end of the replay on the video.

No, it was literally the 3rd or 4th play of the game...

I'm not buying that. TT pulled an Elway there.

Yup. Definitely meant to line up there.

And unless the NFL completely changed the rule, a horse collar only applies if a player is taken down from behind by grabbing the back of the jersey. If how TT was tackled was considered a horse collar, you could say the same for Zach Brown's tackle on Edelman.

And unless the NFL completely changed the rule, a horse collar only applies if a player is taken down from behind by grabbing the back of the jersey.

They did change the rule this year.

No player shall grab the inside collar of the back or the side of the shoulder pads or jersey, or grab the jersey at the name plate or above, and pull the runner toward the ground. This does not apply to a runner who is in the tackle box or to a quarterback who is in the pocket.

Note: It is not necessary for a player to pull the runner completely to the ground in order for the act to be illegal. If his knees are buckled by the action, it is a foul, even if the runner is not pulled completely to the ground.

Nothing in the rule about being taken down from behind. TT was not in the tackle box or in the pocket. He was grabbed on the "jersey at the name plate". The only reason for not throwing the flag is it may be arguable that his knees were not 'buckled'.

The issue was if the Bills offensive players were not aligned right as TT seems to be saying, and he had to get them in the right position before the snap, which would have caused the snafu. It's his fault either way, he has to line up right just like every other player does. Plus he's the QB. There is no real excuse. But if he had to direct the other players into position when they should have already been in position, that was the cause of the huge mistake by TT and wouldn't have happened if they lined up right. If he was just changing the play and was being responsible for getting everyone in the right spot, the onus is more on him, too. He made the mistake. Incredibly, he made up for it getting a first down after 2-28 and 3-19. What a cut he made to get the first down.