Eric, you look different...

Fixxxer

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure if horse collar or not...but always remember it is a legal play on the QB if still within the tackle-box. Sounds weird, but true.

BTW, thought it a great play by Autin on that one punt..how more returners dont understand that rule has always baffled me.

Edited by plenzmd1

This was part of an unheralded, defining moment Sunday. A freak, dumb play like this has derailed the Bills far too many times over the past years. Instead of allowing it to start crappy momentum, this Bills team shook it off, clawed their way back, ended up getting the first down and eventually a huge touchdown!

I see how it looks like it could be a horse collar, but I don't think it was. Looks like he got him by the shoulder pads in the armpit area, below the nameplate. You can't really see it during the tackle, but that's where the defender's hand is once Taylor is down

i think they sadi he was in the pocket..no horse collar by rule if the QB

i think they sadi he was in the pocket..no horse collar by rule if the QB

Definitely not in the pocket. This took place 20 yards behind the LOS and on the opposite hash-mark from where the play started. Tyrod was effectively a runner at this point.

Edited by scribo

Definitely not in the pocket. This took place 20 yards behind the LOS and on the opposite hash-mark from where the play started. Tyrod was effectively a runner at this point.

always wondered about that...how far back does it go, and if they have a moving pocket does that count as "in the pocket"?

I'm not sure if the rule has changed but as I've understood it, it's only a horse collar if they are pulled backwards by the collar. Tyrod went down face first, if he would've went down the opposite way I believe it would've been called.