3-2 but Tyrod has had 4 bad games this season

Yeezus

Look guys it is a sign we are a good team. Tyrod hasn't progressed, if anything he has regressed and we have found a way to win 3 in a row after an awful 1st week.

I think Tyrod is one of the two best Bills QBs since that great year Beldsoe had... but I'd rather have him that Fitz because Tyrod doesn't lose you games even when he doesn't win you them.

I will say though that in my view our season now lives and dies by the health of Shady McCoy. If he stays healthy he will put us in positions to win offensively without TT needing to push it. If he doesn't and Tyrod has to try and press the pedal I think we will struggle to win games even with our D keeping people in check.

Get rivers or romo on the phone. Let's go 12-4 and win a playoff game.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 scores? How about 4 points. Last week the AM guys on GR had a stat that if the Bills were down by 4 or more points at any point during a game during the TT era, TT only has been able to win one game (Titans) last year.

I can make things sound fancy too:

Tyrod has not lost a game where he has a lead going into the 4 quarter.

Tyrod has lost 1 game in 19 starts where the bills have the lead at halftime (vs the chiefs last season).

11-8 as the Bills starter. Winning football.

What will work vs Tom Brady and the Pats? If your standard is the best team in the history of the NFL, then youre going to be miserable the rest of your life.

the steelers.

Keep telling yourself that. That's exactly what this coaching staff is known for: the aerial assault, 400yd, 45 attempt games. :rolleyes:

If Rex and this regime wanted to throw it 45 times a game, they would've gotten an offensive coordinator in here that has offensive gamelans designed to throw it 45 times a game. They would've drafted a QB to throw it 45 times a game. They would've made it their mission to get another QB in here that can just stand back there like a statue and throw it 45x's a game if that's what they truly wanted.

how about a QB that can complete a third down play once in a while?

I like Tyrod. He has a lot of pros in his favor.

He has a lot of cons too.

He is not a bad player, but he's not a particularly good passer either.

He's sort of slightly too good to be a backup, but only because there is such a dearth of starting QB talent in the league these days.

I would like to continue to try and aggressively find "the guy" at QB, b/c Tyrod ain't it.

+ 1

I would add, you can't commit a large amount of $ or salary cap. to a position of need and a position you have to upgrade: QB.

I'd give up next year's 1st for Rivers. Less so Romo... I think he is broke for good.

Phil rivers has a full no trade clause. He would rather get cut and choose where he wants to go. But he has like 8 kids and probably likes San Diego.

Romo can't be traded. They've restructured his deal too many times.

Anyone else...?

The guys our qb for this year. And most likely next year unless Whaley and Rex are fired.

I'm hardly throwing up a bunch of stats. He's getting TDs. He's not turning the ball over and more importantly, he's getting the wins. I'm sorry it's not by leading the league in completions, yds. Seems to me you are the one complaining about stats. Taylor is doing what he needs to to get the wins. How he gets there shouldn't matter. You can blame him, but only to a certain degree. He is playing without 2 of his top 4 WRs. Clay is picking up some of the slack by being the leading receiver in this last game. He is making teams pay for being overly aggressive with the pass rush and using his legs.

Personally, it seems you forget that this is a running team. And if the run is successful, you don't abandon it to go after the passing records. Taylor has missed on a few passes that should have been strikes, yes. I don't see any QB completing every pass. He has some work to do, but he is winning games with his smarts and with his arm. You can only work with what you have on the field that day. I'm pretty sure Taylor will make some plays that even you can't take away from him. Don't know if you have noticed but the redzone offense is looking pretty good. It's not all bad.

Then you are completely misunderstanding my complaint.

Second bold: yes, we are a very effective running team and better QBing would take more advantage of that.

Finally, I don't dismiss TT's positives. Not in the least. And my entire posting history of my opinions of TT bear that out. But I'm just not seeing the progression in his game that needs to be seen to this point. I have no faith in his ability to put us on his back and carry this team to a win when he absolutely needs to. Like I said, whistling past the graveyard. The tape never lies and it's on him to prove me wrong. I hope he does.

If Tyrod continues to play like yesterday he won't be on the team next year.

That's the long and short of it as he's shown little to convince the Bills to exercise that option to this point.

L.A. has a good D. They held Seattle & Russell Wilson without a TD. We ought to keep things in perspective. TT is obviously no Brady or Marino, but he is a talented guy who imo will get better as the season moves along. Let's see what happens before we call him a failure or a franchise QB. So far he is 11-8 as a starter.

They were missing 3 of their starters kn the DL so lets not call that D that great alright.

Ans again 11-8 is a team stat

mumble mumble mumble

This is your typical comeback or some team stat that he is 11-8 as a starter

They were missing 3 of their starters kn the DL so lets not call that D that great alright.

Ans again 11-8 is a team stat

This is your typical comeback or some team stat that he is 11-8 as a starter

Im just enjoying some good lemon pepper wings man.....there is not anything that is gonna be said that is gonna move anyone off their position.

People can keep bitching about QB play in a 3 game winning streak if they want.....its their right

Im just enjoying some good lemon pepper wings man.....there is not anything that is gonna be said that is gonna move anyone off their position.

People can keep bitching about QB play in a 3 game winning streak if they want.....its their right

I get it we have been bad for so long and been bad at the position for so long we have to accept AVG at best QB play because our defense is playing pretty good and we have a RB that can carry the offense

Our D and our running back did not throw for 2 touchdowns on Sunday.

Awwww the strawman

Lets see does Taylor get to throw for the 1st without McCoy?

Does he get to throw for 2nd without McCoys big run.

Because the rest of the game shows when McCoy didnt get going on the drive neither did this QB either with 4 three and outs could call it 6 seeing the others were 5 and 6 plays