National media making excuses for AZ and NE***

eball

Listened to Sirius NFL Radio on way in to work this morning and heard Alex Marvez going out of his way to make excuses for Arizona and the Pats*** with regard to their losses to Buffalo.

Arizona: "west to east" trip (even though that team hasn't had problems before), looked like they were "sleepwalking" at the start of the game, etc.

Pats***: allegedly McDaniels didn't know Janeane Garafalo wouldn't be playing until "hours" before the game, so what kind of offensive gameplan could they run; Bills' offense didn't do much but "just enough" (neglecting to mention they scored on their first three possessions)...

It was irritating to listen to, but this is what we can expect until the Bills prove it wasn't a fluke by reeling off a few more wins against (I believe) inferior opponents.

Arizona: "west to east" trip (even though that team hasn't had problems before), looked like they were "sleepwalking" at the start of the game, etc.

Arizona often has problems going east. One of the reasons I felt the Bills had a good chance in that game.

Arizona often has problems going east. One of the reasons I felt the Bills had a good chance in that game.

They went east five times last year and were 4-1 in those games (only loss at Pittsburgh).

Listened to Sirius NFL Radio on way in to work this morning and heard Alex Marvez going out of his way to make excuses for Arizona and the Pats*** with regard to their losses to Buffalo.

Pats***: allegedly McDaniels didn't know Janeane Garafalo wouldn't be playing until "hours" before the game, so what kind of offensive gameplan could they run; Bills' offense didn't do much but "just enough" (neglecting to mention they scored on their first three possessions)...

It was irritating to listen to, but this is what we can expect until the Bills prove it wasn't a fluke by reeling off a few more wins against (I believe) inferior opponents.

Most do that every day here...

Same as it ever was.

Really getting sick of hearing about flying west to east...These are athletes in their 20s and 30s...supposedly in great shape....flying in a chartered plane.....staying in nice hotels.....meals provided....all they have to do is study a bit and rest...then play football.....

He was able to game plan for Houston just 5 days after their last game but couldn't plan for Buffalo with 10 days to prepare? Makes perfect sense.

Really getting sick of hearing about flying west to east...These are athletes in their 20s and 30s...supposedly in great shape....flying in a chartered plane.....staying in nice hotels.....meals provided....all they have to do is study a bit and rest...then play football.....

agreed

I knew the national media "experts" would be full of excuses. No respect will be given until respect is earned unfortunately and two games is not enough. Bills played and beat two good teams, that is fact. You won't hear those teams making excuses.

Yeah I've noticed that A LOT too it is very very annoying. But we have do win more consistently to earn the respect of national media. Honestly I like that Buffalo is an underdog, it's easier to play when no one is expecting anything from you.

I think there's a national media bias against Rex as a HC. They love his openness and the fact he makes their jobs easier with his sound bites, but SOP is to assert he has no control over his team, is disorganized, and out of his depth as a HC.

To see a Rex Ryan team -- missing its best WR, best DT, and amid a change at OC -- beat Bruce Arians and Bill Belichick in back-to-back weeks has everyone spinning.

Well if we are going to be unbiased and honest, then you can't ignore that there are question marks regarding the quality of our 2 wins. AZ has looked good only once this season, week 2. Beating up on them based on the week 2 performance looks good...beating up on them based on how bad they looked the other weeks, not so much. Hard to rate the quality of the win...did we beat a really good team or did we beat a team with serious struggles. NE is more obvious...No Brady and No Jimmy. Regardless of when McDaniels knew or didn't know about Jimmy not playing, having to go with his rookie 3rd string QB was always going to be a substantial decrease in QB play. There is no denying we beat a weakened NE team who also still doesn't have a healthy Gronk either.

My personal opinion is that regardless of the state of those 2 teams, they are still dangerous and we did what good teams do when facing teams with challenges...dominated them. So no matter what the view on those 2 teams situations they are at the very least quality wins. AZ still is loaded with talent on both sides of the ball, and NE was still 3-0 coming off a shutout using the same QB. However, I also will NOT over rate those wins and just assume we are some new powerhouse after crapping the bed for the first 2 weeks.

We have our own challenges...most importantly at WR with Sammy out. How are we going to score enough points when we see NE again without Sammy? Does anyone actually believe we will hold NE to a low or modest score with a pissed off healthy Brady and a healthy duo of Gronk and Bennett to go with the receiving weapons? We are going to need to score in the 30's to win that game, and even that may not be enough, which without Sammy poses a real question mark. We wont beat NE again putting up 16 points, and quite frankly, I am not sure we win that game if we only score 16 and Jimmy played. There were many wide open WR's that were missed that I think Jimmy hits given his short but impressive on field resume.

So again...quality wins IMO as we still mostly dominated both those games, but it makes total sense for people to question the strength of those wins given the circumstances.

Edited by Alphadawg7

He was able to game plan for Houston just 5 days after their last game but couldn't plan for Buffalo with 10 days to prepare? Makes perfect sense.

:lol::lol::lol:

Seriously. Were gonna have to go 5-2 before any one starts taking us seriously, end even then, they wont take us seriously until we put the BEETS on PIttsburg or Cinci. Which I think our defense can totally creel Rothlisburger and our offense can do jus enough against them to get the W. Bengs got a really good defense tho.