Tyrod's development

Luxy312

If Garapolo, or Brady play we don't win that game. Tie Rod protected the ball, made a lot of short throws and the let the play makers, make plays. It was a good team win, but expectations need to be tempered. This was a game we should have won, anything less would have been brutal.

Come on lets be realistic

Brady...your probably right

Grap? WHat has Grap actually done? THe pats SHOULD have lost the cards game.....their kicker misses a very make able FG that would have won the game for them

Our O was getting it done in the first half....and took their foot off the gas in the 2nd cuz we were dominating them (not something I really agree with...but whatever)

THere is no reason we could not have beaten Grap in this game

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you know this how? Brady struggled mightily against us last year up there...and Garapollo has never faced a Ryan defense before. They got physically beat down by us today on both sides of the ball to the point they looked dejected out there much of the 4th quarter like they just wanted to go home. I don't think Garopallo would have changed that

We were very lucky today..... And history speaks for itself.

Come on lets be realistic

Brady...your probably right

Grap? WHat has Grap actually done? THe pats SHOULD have lost the cards game.....their kicker misses a very make able FG that would have won the game for them

Our O was getting it done in the first half....and took their foot off the gas in the 2nd cuz we were dominating them (not something I really agree with...but whatever)

THere is no reason we could not have beaten Grap in this game

The Offense would have put up more of a fight with Grap, Doesn't matter at this point, but it is debatable for sure.

Edited by DirtDart

I also don't think you can rate Tyrod versus other quarterbacks straight up on passing because of so many things he does with his feet. He can have crappier passing stats and yet have a better quarterback game than someone with better stats.

He still isn't anything other than pedestrian. Not worth the 90+M of that contract. He can not carry this team. But a W is a W. I know I will be slayed for my continuous trash talking about him, but it is the truth as I see it.

Edited by DirtDart

He was very effective today but left a lot of yards on the field.......and in the process probably a couple TD's.......with those high sailing, back-leg throws.

Correctable but he needs to start doing it if he's going to take the next step.

Agree. The OL played very well especially against a talented Patriots front-7. They gave Tyrod a lot of time to find his receivers and he overthrew. He needs to fix that.

He still isn't anything other than pedestrian. Not worth the 90+M of that contract. He can not carry this team. But a W is a W. I know I will be slayed for my continuous trash talking about him, but it is the truth as I see it.

mumble mumble mumble....qb sucks even when we win against good defenses.....mumble mumble mumble

Agree. The OL played very well especially against a talented Patriots front-7. They gave Tyrod a lot of time to find his receivers and he overthrew. He needs to fix that.

Just dont get it.....Tyrod was very accurate today but every miss gets put under great scrutiny

ALL QBs miss throws

Tyrod had his best game of the year, the first half really helped set the tempo and got us to a good commanding lead. Second half they adjusted, but with the game in semi control he was able to help sustain drives and eat clock. Definitely a game to build on, I'm hopeful after what I saw against a good defensive team that we haven't been able to defeat and in their own back yard.

Edited by Magox

I think the play calling has really benefited the development of TT. Lets hope it continues.

This. Loved the short passing game. Slants, crosses, curls.

Then, when we had a long route, Lynn smartly rolled TT and the protection, giving him a ton of time.

I was not happy when Roman was let go, but Lynn has proved me wrong.

Vs. the Pats yesterday - had two balls that should have been caught in the end zone/deep, one bounced off of Powells (Im pretty sure it was Powell?) hands, and the other went just over Goodwin (god forbid he had to find the ball over his shoulder, we all know he cannot do that)...two great balls on shots

Tyrod also sailed at least three balls over the heads of open WRs on out routes...woods twice and there was no one around him...set your feet young Tyrod!

Vs. the Pats yesterday - had two balls that should have been caught in the end zone/deep, one bounced off of Powells (Im pretty sure it was Powell?) hands, and the other went just over Goodwin (god forbid he had to find the ball over his shoulder, we all know he cannot do that)...two great balls on shots

Tyrod also sailed at least three balls over the heads of open WRs on out routes...woods twice and there was no one around him...set your feet young Tyrod!

there was also a perfectly placed throw to glass that should have been caught and IIRC it was in the endzone.

It was pretty obvious that BB set out to rush 3 or 4 and make Tyrod beat them through the air, which he did in the first 3 qtrs. But when he started bringing pressure, Tyrod bailed a few times that he shouldnt have.

Still a work in progress, but today was very promising. He showed alot of poise on a big stage, despite playing against an inferior QB on the other side.

It was pretty obvious that BB set out to rush 3 or 4 and make Tyrod beat them through the air, which he did in the first 3 qtrs. But when he started bringing pressure, Tyrod bailed a few times that he shouldnt have.

Still a work in progress, but today was very promising. He showed alot of poise on a big stage, despite playing against an inferior QB on the other side.

This was my view as well. He had his usual couple of overthrows and moments of indecision, but teased us with a couple of really nice throws and frustrated the D with his mobility.

I think you mean Zach Brown

I got my Brown guys mixed up. Yes.

The Patriots are actually 16th in total defense after three games. Still, it was a great win on the road and the first ever shutout of the Patriots by a Buffalo Bills team and in New England no less, afaik.

Looks like the Bills didn't miss Sammy that much the last two games! Was the offense trying too hard to get him the ball the first two games??

Please go back and check the schedule in 2003. Bills shutout the Patriots in Buffalo on week 1 of the regular season 31-0. Patriots came back and shut out the Bills at home themselves in week 31-0.

mumble mumble mumble....qb sucks even when we win against good defenses.....mumble mumble mumble

Just dont get it.....Tyrod was very accurate today but every miss gets put under great scrutiny

ALL QBs miss throws

There were a number of misses......one where Woods was 20 feet from the nearest defender on a third down and it just got airmailed killing a drive in NE territory.

It's a reality of his game.........you can be mad about people citing the 6-7 bad throws, but for the average QB that is A LOT of open receivers to miss with such little pass rush pressure.

Tyrod makes up for at least most of the misses with plays that other QB's can't make.........completions on the run, yardage running, his good deep ball accuracy etc.. but the failure on so many short to medium throws that you can expect a good NFL QB to make are what keeps him from being special.

As good as he is at the deep ball it's borderline amazing that he hasn't had a 300 yard passing game yet but that shows you how important the details are to making a QB extraordinary.

ALL QBs miss throws

They do. I don't care so much about the throws TT made and missed, my concern is more with the throws he didn't make because he didn't read the D correctly or didn't see the open guy over the middle. That happened for sure with Clay yesterday and cost Bills a likely TD. I'm concerned with the points he's leaving on the field that he didn't/ wouldn't/ couldn't take.

Tyrod Taylor's development took a small step in the right direction yesterday. Nothing more, nothing less. He was in better command and actually took what the defense dared him to take for a change. Still far from a polished NFL quarterback and, once again, I suspect the All 22 will confirm that suspicion.