Tyrod's development

Luxy312

Honestly, is Tyrod Taylor's ceiling Alex Smith? Not a terrible thing at all because Smith has multiple playoff berths. But they are both slightly flawed guys who are a step below true elite Qbs.

Would you pay him big money if that is true?

I would pay YUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE money for Alex.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would pay YUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE money for Alex.

Looking beyond the numbers - and actually watching him play. He is very tyrod. If he doesn't have his first read, he's dumping off to running backs. He was also borderline terrible his first 5 years in the league.

Using a first or second round pick on a QB isn't a good idea?

In what world?

The QB position is by far the most important one on the field. Tyrods been about average. That ain't going to cut it in today's NFL unless your defense is lights out as ours has been for 3 of 4 games.

I like Tyrod for the time being. But sorry, I want something better and I wouldn't be afraid to pull the trigger on one in the first. Wouldn't hesitate one bit.

I'm all for finding a QB too. But people are saying we can't pay TT that contract. We have to cut him. Don't realize we're digging ourselves back into the same hole we did when we released fitzpatrick.

There are 0 starters available at that position. So we then start the year with cardale, and apparently our 1st round draft pick (or multiples if we decide to trade up).

We're probably a worse team at that point than we would be if we keep him. If we keep TT through 2017 - his 2018 dead money hit is only 2 million. Really not that bad - and we might know what we have in Cardale by then as well (takes job from TT in camp/midseason etc.)

Edited by dneveu

Tyrod looked a lot better in the first half. Think some of their adjustments shut TT down in the second, but we still moved the ball OK and the defense was lights out so it all worked out for us in the end. Still need to see him stepping up into more of his throws, or at least set his feet properly. But to your point, he is definitely looking improved over the first couple weeks.

Even the great ones miss a few throws every game.

Im a huge TT supporter. I want him to flourish. All im saying though is that from a team perspective, we should draft another qb if the right fit is there. Not to replace TT per se. But just in case things go south via injury.

Look how bad the cowboys were last yr when romo went down and look at them this yr. Look at the pats without Brady. The eagles had Bradford and still drafted a QB that looks like the real deal. Broncos have 2young QBs who look like they can play. Etc etc etc.

Or maybe Cardale canbe that #2. Who knows.

I agree that you keep drafting them. I thought Cardale was great pick even if there was no way he would start.

Philly is a great example of being overstocked. I do not disagree with your point, just fleshing it out a bit.

:thumbsup:

Since Lynn took charge, we haven't seen any "secret weapon" plays (Manuel). That's a good thing. I was very critical of the move at first, but to quote Fonzie, it looks like I might be proven https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkqgDoo_eZE. The tempo and pace have markedly improved since Lynn took charge. It makes a difference.

It is all about converting 3rd downs and keeping the drives alive.

He needs to be better about his footwork out of shotgun. He should be under center more where the footwork is well rehearsed. His high throws are when he's throwing off his back foot.

Also, he needs to understand when the pocket is protected, and that escaping a protected pocket opens up defenders to sack you. Also, if you do escape and can't run it, throw it away!