Time to fire Whaley

Whaley is in fact a very good GM. He didn't draft Manuel. That was old man Nix.

He can't help it that Watkins can't stay healthy.

He's one of the few GMs that we've had who is not afraid to maneuver.

He has had some very good drafts.

The grass is not always greener. There's a lot to be said for continuity.

The problem with this is on Watkins Whaley's evaluation was correct. The injury problem could not possibly have been foreseen.

Not refering to Watkins specifically. Refering To the notion that the draft is a crap shoot. Thats flat out wrong. The Bills drafting improved immensely in the 80s when Polian took over. Ozzie Newsome in Baltimore has a stellar reputation in the draft. The Steelers have relied heavily on the draft rarely signing free agents from other teams. Some GMs are better at it than others. Edited by TANK2

Not refering to Watkins specifically. Refering To the notion that the draft is a crap shoot. Thats flat out wrong. The Bills drafting improved immensely in the 80s when Polian took over. Ozzie Newsome in Baltimore has a stellar reputation in the draft. The Steelers have relied heavily on the draft rarely signing free agents from other teams. Some GMs are better at it than others.

The draft ABSOLUTELY is a crap shoot.....you improve your chances by improving your scouting department.

And using the Steelers is a perfect example of...if you have your QB it overcomes a lot....shoot for that matter they are plucking players WE drafted

Not refering to Watkins specifically. Refering To the notion that the draft is a crap shoot. Thats flat out wrong. The Bills drafting improved immensely in the 80s when Polian took over. Ozzie Newsome in Baltimore has a stellar reputation in the draft. The Steelers have relied heavily on the draft rarely signing free agents from other teams. Some GMs are better at it than others.

By most people's grades, we had an excellent draft this year. Esp considering Seymour looked alright, and washing tons been getting a fair amount of snaps. We also added an upside qb, which is something we never do... And needed. Jonathan Williams looked like a solid value pick. All in all actually a pretty solid looking draft.

Sammy is a very good player. Your right.

I'm merely amazed at what JFH said. He essentially said you can't fault a GM for drafting what they consider a special player even if he falls flat on his face it's not the GMs fault for picking him. So when does he get blamed?

Only after he's fired. Just remember, the organization is always right. :)

By most people's grades, we had an excellent draft this year. Esp considering Seymour looked alright, and washing tons been getting a fair amount of snaps. We also added an upside qb, which is something we never do... And needed. Jonathan Williams looked like a solid value pick. All in all actually a pretty solid looking draft.

Impossible to say at this point in time.

No one has a perfect draft. The key is to win more than you lose, like Vegas. Over time it pays off with the right coaching. Put me in the pro-Whaley camp. The people who want to point to misses are just cherry picking.

No one has a perfect draft. The key is to win more than you lose, like Vegas. Over time it pays off with the right coaching. Put me in the pro-Whaley camp. The people who want to point to misses are just cherry picking.

Me too. His pre and post draft acquisitions activity has been not only exciting but most of them made perfect sense according to our needs.

Edited by Triple Threat

It is a crap shoot. If you go back and look at any NFL GM they will have a lot of misses. It's a part of the profession. The Steelers and Ravens win a lot: good coaching. Good QB'ing too. That's the difference. QB and coaching. All in all Whaley has done fine. He's not afraid to make a move and he's picked up some good players off the scrap heap too. Like the GM's before him he has to find that QB. If it's not Tyrod, hope Cardale develops more quickly than expected or that there is a QB they can get access too.

I'm still holding out for Tyrod to pull his passing game skills together. He can make every throw and he can be accurate. He has to do better seeing the entire field.

Edited by purple haze

Why should we give Whaley credit for drafting a special player after using two first round picks and a fourth round pick to get him? This was not a pick in the late rounds where real draft expertise can mean the difference between drafting a TJ Graham versus a Russell Wilson. In other words, in any draft there are "special" players at the top of the draft, and to move up to draft one of those players is costly. Whaley paid the price, and possibly overpaid, but the likelihood of Sammy being an excellent WR was high. I think you can make a pretty good argument that there were other special players in the 2014 draft, including Donald, Barr, Evans, Mack and Martin. I think highly of Sammy, but I would have been happy with any one of those other players, particularly if they did not cost us first and fourth round picks.

Whaley should be commended for signing Z. Brown. Great pick up for the Bills.

I thought our OL today game Tyrod a huge amount of time......they were reminding me of the Super Bowl bills OL today

How about along with Zach

- Getting Glenn resigned

- How about that RG miller that has shown a huge improvement from year 1 to year 2

- Mills has been playing very well also