Kouandjio playing well

gjv001

He has filled in well except for the penalties. But Chandler jones is a tough assignment.

Yeah, again, like I said last week, there's room for improvement but CK is playing an order of magnitude better than last year. There's no substitute for playing time, and he's finally getting it. He is, at a minimum, a serviceable player at this point, and only going to get better.

Cyrus Kouandjio has been playing LT extremely well. I think so well that he could start at LT permanently and allow Cordy Glenn to upgrade the Oline at either RT or RG.

First of all - CK - he has been doing okay. He isn't anywhere near Cordy at his best but he looks a capable depth and swing guy. Without re-watching the game yet I'd say he had a very good first half from what I saw but struggled a bit second half - I honestly think he was tired.

As for upgrade the line by moving Glenn to RG...... you should realise that our RG has been the best player on our line through three games.

When Cordy is healthy he starts at left tackle.

A couple glaring mistakes (TT getting blindsided on a play action... with no one blocking 2 coming from the left side). But for the most part held up well.

Zona's defenders got caught way up field a couple of times, and TT made them pay.

NE will probaby not do the same thing. They're likely going to sit in that cover 2 shell and ask TT to beat us with his arm --- hopefully the game plan actually has plays designed to do that. Mostly Screens, trips formations, and swing passes. If they want to spread their D all over the field, overload that side with blockers and levels routes.

Edited by dneveu

First of all - CK - he has been doing okay. He isn't anywhere near Cordy at his best but he looks a capable depth and swing guy. Without re-watching the game yet I'd say he had a very good first half from what I saw but struggled a bit second half - I honestly think he was tired.

As for upgrade the line by moving Glenn to RG...... you should realise that our RG has been the best player on our line through three games.

When Cordy is healthy he starts at left tackle.

For the most part I didn't notice him, which is probably a good thing. Had a few nice blocks, got beat a few times, but Chandler Jones is the one player that seemingly gave Cordy Glenn fits---I was thrilled when the Pats traded him, so all in all I think he did fairly well. Much much better than what he was...we aren't going to get killed when he has to play, which is a good thing...

Edited by matter2003

Move him to RT when Cordy gets back.

He isn't nearly as effective at RT...Sal think sits because he has issues trying to push off his knee on that side, whereas on the left side he pushes off his good leg...besides, we wouldn't have anyone to yell at about holding penalties if Mills sat out...

Mills did have a clutch fumble recovery tho yesterday

He isn't nearly as effective at RT...Sal think sits because he has issues trying to push off his knee on that side, whereas on the left side he pushes off his good leg...besides, we wouldn't have anyone to yell at about holding penalties if Mills sat out...

Thats right I remember an announcer talking about that somewhere in pre-season

Kujo also hasn't done very well at LT in the past. I'd rather see him at RT and see if it's a matter of improving as an OT rather than just have him sit on the bench.

Thats right I remember an announcer talking about that somewhere in pre-season

Tasker said it.

A couple glaring mistakes (TT getting blindsided on a play action... with no one blocking 2 coming from the left side). But for the most part held up well.

Zona's defenders got caught way up field a couple of times, and TT made them pay.

NE will probaby not do the same thing. They're likely going to sit in that cover 2 shell and ask TT to beat us with his arm --- hopefully the game plan actually has plays designed to do that. Mostly Screens, trips formations, and swing passes. If they want to spread their D all over the field, overload that side with blockers and levels routes.

Spread them out and try to run the ball...shady was very effective against them i the second game last year

Edited by matter2003

Cyrus Kouandjio has been playing LT extremely well. I think so well that he could start at LT permanently and allow Cordy Glenn to upgrade the Oline at either RT or RG.

I dont know what game you were watching but old #71 stunk up the place at lt.

Kujo looks like an NFL level player the past couple of weeks. Didn't have the strongest game out there week 3 but he looked like he belonged. I think that is a good sign considering how lost he looked his first couple of years. He definitely has proven he deserves a roster spot, only question is when Glenn gets back is he just a back up with potential, or is he a starter at either tackle position?

Man, I thought Cyrus was awful. His pass pro technique was just abysmal. Too much of an exaggerated movement with his hands. Wasn't in sync between hands and feet.

I am the biggest Cyrus defender on Earth but yesterday was no bueno.

I haven't re-watched the game but from the 50 his hand flailing stuck out to me.

I think it might have been by design to help his get-off be more consistent.

His biggest issue has been the first couple movements at the snap.......sometimes the legs just don't move and it takes less coordination to move everything than it does to get the bottom moving and keep the top quiet.