Tyrod's Pick

djsabres

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of announcers I was watching the end of the Indy Charger game and the announcers kept saying how Indy was up by 4 at the end, and if SD hadn't missed an extra point earlier, would have been within a field goal. Well they never figured out that on the last Indy TD, instead of failing on a 2 point attempt, they would have just kicked it and stil lbeen uip by 4. But these guys never were brain surgeons.

I agree 100%, and the announcers never even recognized that point. In fact it would probably have worked out better for the Cardinals if Peterson had just knocked the ball away rather than intercept it at they started the drive inside the 20. It wasn't a well thrown ball though. Although the result was better than an incomplete pass I would like to have seen a better throw

Maybe it was just me, but if you're going to throw a pick, 3rd down to the 10yd line is a good way to do it. As good as an incomplete and great punt. Don't get me wrong better to complete that down the field, but it didn't hurt anymore than a 2 yrd run.

I agree . . . especially given the game Schmidt was having.

I had absolutely no problem with that INT as stated. That being said, did anyone get the impression there was miscommunication between TT and the WR on that play? It seems like the WR let up a bit and TT just heaved it as far as possible - Peterson kept running and the WR let up for a few yds.

It's actually the EXACT throw I wanted there: take a deep shot to Goodwin.

It's a fast, easy read that virtually assures that the ball comes out quickly, which means only 4 things can happen:

1) deep completion

2) incompletion & punt

3) interception (same as a punt)

4) DPI

The interesting question is whether or not Peterson should've caught it...

This is EXACTLY what we discussed at the bar.

Of the four scenarios, only one of them is a negative, really: incomplete then punt.

yeah great highlight by him, but either: (1) totally selfish to pad his stats; or (2) simply boneheaded.

You take the ball when you get the chance. Bat it down on 4th, yes, but on 3rd, take the INT. He bats it down, then ARZ muffs the punt, you're screaming at him for being an idiot and not taking the INT. You go for the TO there.

Maybe it was just me, but if you're going to throw a pick, 3rd down to the 10yd line is a good way to do it. As good as an incomplete and great punt. Don't get me wrong better to complete that down the field, but it didn't hurt anymore than a 2 yrd run.

Yep and it was 3rd and 26 or something wasn't it? In that scenario I am all in favour of the deep shot, just make sure that if you miss you miss long rather than underthrowing (because that risks it coming back the other way). I much prefer that to the running back draw or the screen pass and hope which most teams run on 3rd and forever.

BTW, if i recall right dude caught the ball on like the 3, and they moved it out to the 8? Was i imagining that? And yes, my son and friend both thought i was nuts when i clapped and cheered when he caught the ball..but then they figured it out.

They spotted it at the 10 IIRC, it should have been at the 8.

The funniest part was, Peterson was chirping and was so happy he caught it and Taylor was hoping it was incomplete. Lol. It was much better for the bills that Peterson caught it, yet both players seemed oblivious to that

Fantasy football rears its ugly head again.

I was surprised Peterson's teammates were giving him props for that. Great catch for sure. Situational awareness...not so great. Bat it down and make Schmidt pin you inside the 25 rather than accepting starting field position at the 7.

It was amazing that Moose didn't mention it as well. 3rd and 20+ and you throw a pick inside the 10 yard line? That was better than a punt!