Tyrod's Pick

djsabres

Maybe it was just me, but if you're going to throw a pick, 3rd down to the 10yd line is a good way to do it. As good as an incomplete and great punt. Don't get me wrong better to complete that down the field, but it didn't hurt anymore than a 2 yrd run.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree 100%, and the announcers never even recognized that point. In fact it would probably have worked out better for the Cardinals if Peterson had just knocked the ball away rather than intercept it at they started the drive inside the 20. It wasn't a well thrown ball though. Although the result was better than an incomplete pass I would like to have seen a better throw

It's actually the EXACT throw I wanted there: take a deep shot to Goodwin.

It's a fast, easy read that virtually assures that the ball comes out quickly, which means only 4 things can happen:

1) deep completion

2) incompletion & punt

3) interception (same as a punt)

4) DPI

The interesting question is whether or not Peterson should've caught it...

Maybe it was just me, but if you're going to throw a pick, 3rd down to the 10yd line is a good way to do it. As good as an incomplete and great punt. Don't get me wrong better to complete that down the field, but it didn't hurt anymore than a 2 yrd run.

I was clapping. of course i would have preferred the catch, but it was a great punt instead...

I was surprised Peterson's teammates were giving him props for that. Great catch for sure. Situational awareness...not so great. Bat it down and make Schmidt pin you inside the 25 rather than accepting starting field position at the 7.

LOL yep, that worked out for us. And the NNNs were trashing TT for it all afternoon.

With the way Schmidt was punting yesterday, they should've had Tyrod throwing on fourth down.

Return of the patented Fitz "arm punt"

It's a fast, easy read that virtually assures that the ball comes out quickly, which means only 4 things can happen:

1) deep completion

2) incompletion & punt

4) DPI

My thoughts exactly. Deep INT on 3rd down = Punt is textbook. I guess the play happens too fast for him to check his exact yardline, but based on where he caught it Peterson would have been better advised to let that sail out of bounds.

BTW, if i recall right dude caught the ball on like the 3, and they moved it out to the 8? Was i imagining that? And yes, my son and friend both thought i was nuts when i clapped and cheered when he caught the ball..but then they figured it out.

Edited by plenzmd1

1) deep completion

2) incompletion & punt

4) DPI

I always believe that is what you should do on 3rd and forever outside of FG range. You hit on exactly why. There is very little (to no) downside. I never understand why teams run the draw (unless you are deep in your own end). What difference does it make if you punt from your 35 or 40?

It was definitely a better result than a Punt and potential Touchback or Runback.

Everyone around me in our section was pleased with the result.

What's up with that. Was there some crazy wind stuff happening?? He's normally on point.

Wind was pretty quiet from my vantage point. The flags on the poles were barely moving.

BTW, if i recall right dude caught the ball on like the 3, and they moved it out to the 8? Was i imagining that? And yes, my son and friend both thought i was nuts when i clapped and cheered when he caught the ball..but then they figured it out.

I was in that end zone, but opposite side and I thought it was a heck of a lot closer to the goal line than the 8. I was surprised by the spot, but haven't watched the replay yet.

Edited by ricojes