4th & Goal From The 1. TD Or FG?

Peace Frog

Should Buffalo Have Gone For It On 4th & Goal From The 1?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. 4th & goal from the 1? Go for it or kick the field goal?

• Rex was correct. Take the first points of the game.
    • Our defense already forced two 3 & outs and could be counted on. Go for the TD and make a statement!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There were a lot of reasons. At that point we hadn't run well all season. The defense was playing well so three points means more in a game like this. The mental let down if they don't score could have led to a bigger let down. Again, I would have went for it. But I think it was a 55-45 decision.

I thought we were a ground and pound, run-oriented offense? Should have been a no-brainer.

Easy. Always go for the TD unless it's the end of the game and a FG wins it. Not even close.

No. As someone else said, we're not that great in short yardage situations. It's also 0-0 early and no one knows how the scoring will go. Take the points and avoid handing momentum back to Arizona. I understand the rationale of going for it but that would be the wrong call for an 0-2 team trying to find itself on both sides of the ball. Right call, great win!

Look what happened the other time in the game we needed one yard or two in short yardage and ran up the middle. Shady got caught for a safety.

he also scored two touchdowns today. and was not in any danger of getting a safety.

why would we automatically assume that not only would the bills not get the td, but that we would eventually lose as a result of that call?

given the end result, i think that they would have won by more.

he also scored two touchdowns today. and was not in any danger of getting a safety.

why would we automatically assume that not only would the bills not get the td, but that we would eventually lose as a result of that call?

given the end result, i think that they would have won by more.

They are not good in short yardage. Not sure why you would equate two TDs as the same thing as fourth and one from the one. Again, I would have gone for it. It's not at all a no brainer.

Take the points. our defense was playing well, it's the first quarter, our offense appears to be working pretty well since we were able to get down there. If we don't get it its a major let down for our offense and nothing fires a team up like a goal line stand. It's the most macho play in football. A sure fire momentum shifter. Good call Rex.

I was at the game and everyone wanted to go for it. When Chandler and Schmidt ran on the field I stood up and cheered. TAKE THE POINTS. Good call Rex.

Edited by reddogblitz

Take the points. our defense was playing well, it's the first quarter, our offense appears to be working pretty well since we were able to get down there.

If the defense is playing so well, wouldn't it be great to pin AZ back on its own one-yard line, even if you don't score the TD? Wouldn't you trust the D to force a punt, then get the ball back in AZ territory? Edited by mannc

But the fact that the defense was playing well was offered as a reason to kick; doesn't it (at least) equally support going for the touchdown?

When they spotted the ball back a bit I thought kick. Arizona can stuff that line. get the sure thing.

but i agree about that. Like TT int. They pinned them back. Better then a punt