4th & Goal From The 1. TD Or FG?

Peace Frog

Should Buffalo Have Gone For It On 4th & Goal From The 1?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. 4th & goal from the 1? Go for it or kick the field goal?

• Rex was correct. Take the first points of the game.
    • Our defense already forced two 3 & outs and could be counted on. Go for the TD and make a statement!

Our first points of the game came on our third possession. Our defense had already forced 3 & outs on Arizona's first two possessions and could be counted on to hold them if our offense failed to punch it in. Would you have gone for it on 4th & goal from the 1 and made a statement? Given the situation, absolutely go for it. What say you?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I felt fine taking the points at that particular moment.

On a sidenote and going by memory, f I'm not mistaken Woods was getting open in the endzone when TT threw the slant to Powell.

He was. Also Powell ran flat instead of angled toward the endzone. Not sure if by design or bad route.

Our first points of the game came on our third possession. Our defense had already forced 3 & outs on Arizona's first two possessions and could be counted on to hold them if our offense failed to punch it in. Would you have gone for it on 4th & goal from the 1 and made a statement? Given the situation, absolutely go for it. What say you?

Easy. Always go for the TD unless it's the end of the game and a FG wins it. Not even close.

In most 4th and goal from the 1 situations (including this one), I'd go for it.

However, that's not to say that kicking the FG is particularly wrong. It's just not what I'd do.

That's how I feel. It's not a no brainer. I probably would have went for it at that point in this game. It's hard to argue with the result though.

That's how I feel. It's not a no brainer. I probably would have went for it at that point in this game. It's hard to argue with the result though.

The fact that the Bills won does not make it the right call. It was wrong, but they won anyway.

So early FGs are worth more than late ones? And are early TDs less valuable?

It all depends on the score and time of game. Tds are always valuable but sometimes so are FGs.

Say they get stuffed or Carp missed the 45 yard fg. Games closer and they don't have to keep throwing deep(cards that is).

Edited by The Wiz

Then half of them would be wrong. What do you think made this one a tough call?

There were a lot of reasons. At that point we hadn't run well all season. The defense was playing well so three points means more in a game like this. The mental let down if they don't score could have led to a bigger let down. Again, I would have went for it. But I think it was a 55-45 decision.