Marone

PatsFanNH

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My recollection is that Orton hadnt made a decision, then he had some sort of sidebar with Marone and ran into the locker room and cleared out his locker then announced he was retiring. Marone may not have announced yet but it appeared he had told Orton and Orton bailed.

That may be speculation but it makes perfect sense. Orton would not want to have to battle it out in the preseason with EJ again. He had a good thing going with Marone/Hackett but with a new coach maybe not so much. Take the money and run.

Although I guess it could have gone the other way too, as you suggest. Hadnt considered that angle.

My clear recollectionis that orton told marrone he was retiring before the season even ended.

I was wondering, do you guys think if he had stayed your playoff streak would have been broken last year? He had the team going in the right direction just had a terrible O.

The problem is that his specialty was the side that was failing. I believe the team would have seen more success if Marrone would have released his grip on the O and focused more on HC/Managerial duties. Unfortunately, he tried to make power plays for more control instead.

I didn't really hate Marrone - I hated Nate Hackett, and was so glad when they were both leaving.

If Marrone and Schwartz had stayed and Marrone fired Hackett, I think we'd be better off right now.

I seem to remember several reports surfacing about how Marrone essentially handcuffed Hackett's playcalling. To have been a fly on the wall in those rooms...

Maybe not but we might be better off right now. Schwartz would most likely still be running the defense (unless someone would have hired him as a HC) therefore the defense would still be good and even if Marrone would have been fired after last season perhaps Rex gets hired by someone else after the 2014 season leaving us to hire an offensive minded HC like we should have done in the first place (Hue Jacskson maybe) and I think that would have put us in a better place.

I feel like Marrone sensed something bad with Pegula... Like he wasn't gonna last too long with the new ownership group cuz the fans thought he was an ass.

Pegs wanted a coach popular with the fans, like Rex! Pegs didn't want a guy who was showing improvement season over season like Marrone had done.

Pegs didn't want a guy who had the know how to hire top talent like Schwartz.

Let's keep it in the family and hire a an unemployed wart like Rob Ryan who's failed in NO and Dallas. Let's hire a guy who takes a top 5 D and completely WRECKS IT.

And to think.. The fans didn't like Marrone because he was a disciplinarian. At least we got Rex because he has PERSONALITY!! Say it Marrone haters, say it because things were WAY better with Dougie.

I feel like Marrone sensed something bad with Pegula... Like he wasn't gonna last too long with the new ownership group cuz the fans thought he was an ass.

Pegs wanted a coach popular with the fans, like Rex! Pegs didn't want a guy who was showing improvement season over season like Marrone had done.

Pegs didn't want a guy who had the know how to hire top talent like Schwartz.

Let's keep it in the family and hire a an unemployed wart like Rob Ryan who's failed in NO and Dallas. Let's hire a guy who takes a top 5 D and completely WRECKS IT.

And to think.. The fans didn't like Marrone because he was a disciplinarian. At least we got Rex because he has PERSONALITY!! Say it Marrone haters, say it because things were WAY better with Dougie.

that isn't why fans didn't like Marrone. Short memory?

Also, he wasn't a disciplinarian. His team had the 2nd most penalties in the league and multiple suspensions. He just liked to act like a tough guy but just came off fake.

Edited by YoloinOhio

that isn't why fans didn't like Marrone. Short memory?

Also, he wasn't a disciplinarian. His team had the 2nd most penalties in the league and multiple suspensions. He just liked to act like a tough guy but just came off fake.

ok then - why don't you explain why "Bills" fans didn't like him, instead of questioning my memory. Why didn't YOU like him, and how is Rex better?

ok then - why don't you explain why "Bills" fans didn't like him, instead of questioning my memory. Why didn't YOU like him, and how is Rex better?

type in "Marrone" in search ...that should help jog your memory. I'm not re-typing 3 years of Marrone sh*t!

I only commented on Marrone, not Rex. Not a big fan of either one.

type in "Marrone" in search ...that should help jog your memory. I'm not re-typing 3 years of Marrone sh*t!

I only commented on Marrone, not Rex. Not a big fan of either one.

It was only 2 years of Marrone. I didn't like him (he isn't very likeable) but I preferred him to Rex and I think he had a clearer vision of what he needed to make this team win.

Marrone either quit on his own or was asked to.

So far I hate a complex D or O . The limited CBA for off season training and conditioning makes that unrealistic.

Chan's system as OC and Schwartz as DC seems the way to go. JMO

Dareus , Shaq and Ragland should have made this D a lot better.

A healthy Glenn , Henderson , Watkins and Karlos should have made the O better .

Looking forward to next season , at least the Bills are staying here. Less stress to watch this season unfold , it is what it is .

I was wondering, do you guys think if he had stayed your playoff streak would have been broken last year? He had the team going in the right direction just had a terrible O.

The issue was he did not have a QB. Kyle Orton was done and Maronne did not trust EJ. Hence he would had to reboot the offense again.

I didn't really hate Marrone - I hated Nate Hackett, and was so glad when they were both leaving.

If Marrone and Schwartz had stayed and Marrone fired Hackett, I think we'd be better off right now.

Not that it would ever have happened. But having Chan back as the OC would have been interesting.

The issue was he did not have a QB. Kyle Orton was done and Maronne did not trust EJ. Hence he would had to reboot the offense again.

The same methods employed the following years could have been used with him - bring in the best vet FA available, look for a 2nd tier FA who might have promise, draft.

I think the big problem was that the OL as Marrone tried to coach it was broken and he had no idea how to fix it, since the players he required for the job (fast agile big lurching behemoths) may not exist outside his coaches' manual