Could EJ be re-signed after the season

Mango

The problem with that scenario is that EJ is a free agent after the season. The Bills would have to be his preferred option. That means there'd have to be no hard feeling about all the benching and being relegated to #2 for three straight seasons. The Bills also would have to compete for him on the open market. The odds of all that happening are incredibly long.

Well, if numerous of our esteemed posters are correct in their evaluation, no other team will want him so maybe that will occur :). I agree that the Bills would have to be his preferred option; it all depends upon what other options he has and for what role.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thinking about it...

- Worst case scenario. We see more of the same from Tyrod. We don't pick up our option after this year.

- We have no QB on the roster at that point.

- Will probably need to develop a rookie behind somebody for the next year or two.

- Could sign a different vet, for the same money to a 2-3 year deal.

- EJ is already here and looking for an opportunity to start, to play for starting QB money in the near future (not that he will ever actually get that, but that is his and his agents hope)

- His best situation to start may actually be in Buffalo.

We could sign a worse journeyman/back up for more money than EJ on a 2 year deal. Thinking 2 years at 6-8 mil total gets it done. Afterwards, the draft pick takes the reigns, EJ signs his next contract with a different team.

hell no!

No Snark Bud. Do you really think EJ has any leverage to pick and choose at this point ?

I just tell my agent to "Get me TF outta Buffalo". I can't believe that EJ is out of football next year. The backup QB situation is terrible in the NFL, we saw it during preseason where EJ outplayed every backup QB except the last guy that our preseason D made look like Brady. Somebody will pick him up with a minimal contract. If I'm EJ, I take it just to get out from under the $hitpile that is Buffalo.

Tyrod looked like crap, but he DID throw a pair of touchdowns of 84, and 71 yards. You'll never see that from EJ.

Hmmm. In both of EJ's signature terrible games - Houston and Jacksonville he threw long touchdown passes (to Mike Williams - remember him? and to Marcus Easley). I don't mean to suggest EJ is as good as Tyrod, he isn't. I just mean to point out that the above doesn't necessarily ring true.

I just tell my agent to "Get me TF outta Buffalo". I can't believe that EJ is out of football next year. The backup QB situation is terrible in the NFL, we saw it during preseason where EJ outplayed every backup QB except the last guy that our preseason D made look like Brady. Somebody will pick him up with a minimal contract. If I'm EJ, I take it just to get out from under the $hitpile that is Buffalo.

Buffalo might not even make him an offer. They are probably thinking Cardale at this point for next season if TT does not tighten up

Tyrod looked like crap, but he DID throw a pair of touchdowns of 84, and 71 yards. You'll never see that from EJ.

I am not sure thats true

Hmmm. In both of EJ's signature terrible games - Houston and Jacksonville he threw long touchdown passes (to Mike Williams - remember him? and to Marcus Easley). I don't mean to suggest EJ is as good as Tyrod, he isn't. I just mean to point out that the above doesn't necessarily ring true.

Do we really even want to consider a guy whose signature move is to assume the upright fetal position when faced with pressure? We have given EJ more than enough chances to show anything and he has not. The fact that Whaley publicly declared "I am ALL-IN" on EJ 2 years back should have been grounds for dismissal. Only with the Bills is such a declaratin and failure simply swept under the rug. Sorry EJ loyalists making a case for him at this point is a hopeless cause. The unknown in Cardale Jones is far better then the known we get with EJ.

Well, if numerous of our esteemed posters are correct in their evaluation, no other team will want him so maybe that will occur :). I agree that the Bills would have to be his preferred option; it all depends upon what other options he has and for what role.

Why would the Bills want a guy the other 31 teams don't want? In the remote possibility that he plays and plays well this season, he'll have other viable suitors he will almost certainly prefer. In the likely possibility that he doesn't play well or at all, then re-signing him will be a mistake.

If the Bills draft a QB high EJ might be gone, if not he should stay. Cardale might be ready for back up next season.

I am under no assumption that this could be some reclamation of EJ. Right now it is looking like the Bills will not pick up TT's option next year. In which case, we will need a vet to go into the season with, plus a rookie QB. Depending on who, and where that rookie is drafted, the vet signing will probably start the season. EJ wants to start in this league. Can play for us and keep us around 8-8 while the rookie learns. He would come probably pretty cheap, on what I would do as a 2 year deal, with the second year being a voidable option.

they will need the roster spot for another QB.

there is no scenario where EJ becomes a contributor to the Bills. even Whaley must know that by now.

Not exactly a fan favorite. (fan forum disciples aside) there Might be new coaching here next year. His value even at the vet minimum would be too high.

EJ will be out of the league in 3 years. Thanks for the memory's man.

No he wont He will have a nice long career. If the NcNowns and McCowns and Hills, Whitehursts of the world can hang in this league EJ can. He will make a lot of money holding a clipboard

Love how Tyrod went from the answer to not being on the roster next year after a couple games. Lol...

He wasn't the answer last year either for some and should not have been given the contract that he got

Do we really even want to consider a guy whose signature move is to assume the upright fetal position when faced with pressure? We have given EJ more than enough chances to show anything and he has not.

If he starts Sunday against ARZ, Tyrod Taylor will have started more games in 1+ years for the Bills than EJ Manuel has in 3+ years. Say what you want, but EJ has not been given "more than enough chances".

Could someone tell me what 'more of the same Tyrod' means? He threw for 3k yards 20tds/6INTs and ran for 568 and 4tds last year. He had 297 yds 3tds/1INT last week. His 16th game ever with the Bills.

A QB will never make it in Buffalo. the fans are so restless and fed up with the organization that you basically get 8 games to prove you're Jim Kelly.

Could someone tell me what 'more of the same Tyrod' means? He threw for 3k yards 20tds/6INTs and ran for 568 and 4tds last year. He had 297 yds 3tds/1INT last week. His 16th game ever with the Bills.

A QB will never make it in Buffalo. the fans are so restless and fed up with the organization that you basically get 8 games to prove you're Jim Kelly.

Stats are deceiving, didn't make it to the red zone until late 4th quarter and last year was smoke and mirrors baby, to an 8-8 record. Wooohoooo lock him up for a gazillion $$$$ :doh: