Could EJ be re-signed after the season

Mango

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt it, honestly seems like EJ would be better served going to a QB situation with a fresh start. I doubt Tyrod is going to stick up the joint that much where he wouldn't be on the roster unless the whole thing just gets blown up which is possible but not likely. Overall I think unless a new coach is so in love with EJ that he really wants to resign him then the chances of EJ being here next year are slim to none. I think EJ probably wants a new situation and I think the Bills probably are best off moving on too.

If Tyrod does not get a whole lot better than what he has shown in the first two games, he will not be our starting QB (Nor should he be) next season. Cardale Jones can ball people. (The TD drive against Indy at the end of the preseason game was a thing of beauty) TT has never looked that good. He can make all the throws. And he is a winner. If TT is not the guy, Cardale will hopefully get his shot.

Maybe the BILLS FANS want to see him next year just to give a kick to the balls of the fans who play fantasy GM and have been taking cheap shots at him.

Wow, playing the "Real Fan" card. That's an exceptionally douchey move. Pretty much every rational Bills fan would only want players on the team that could help the team win. That would preclude EJ. It's too bad because he seems like a decent guy and finding a true FQB would have been monumental for the Bills. But, sadly, it was not to be. And most of us can see that.

Wow, playing the "Real Fan" card. That's an exceptionally douchey move. Pretty much every rational Bills fan would only want players on the team that could help the team win. That would preclude EJ. It's too bad because he seems like a decent guy and finding a true FQB would have been monumental for the Bills. But, sadly, it was not to be. And most of us can see that.

Eh, he's got a point. A lot of fans act like EJ is the worst QB in the NFL. A rational fan understands that he was QB that was never afforded the chance to develop and pulled in year 2 with a 2-2 record. I've seen a lot worse QBs get a lot more opportunities than EJ Manuel.

Alternate for the pro bowl and he threw for 297. Not 322. 173 of those were 3 of his 30 attempts. So his other 124 yards came from about 16 of 20 minutes of time of possession.

Hence my saying he put up 322 yards not threw for 322. I accept your apologies in advance for your reading mistake. To your other point are they now awarding style points? Are long touchdown passes now no longer a good thing? You put up 24 points of offense you should win the game. Our putrid defense continues to be the problem here but you go right along hating on Tyrod.

(The TD drive against Indy at the end of the preseason game was a thing of beauty) TT has never looked that good.

LOL

Actually it was reminiscent of EJ's. TD drive vs Colts when he was a rookie.

Hotrod has played well for whole games.

Preseason. Criminy Louise. Some of y'all act like this is your first rodeo.

Edited by reddogblitz

Hence my saying he put up 322 yards not threw for 322. I accept your apologies in advance for your reading mistake. To your other point are they now awarding style points? Are long touchdown passes now no longer a good thing? You put up 24 points of offense you should win the game. Our putrid defense continues to be the problem here but you go right along hating on Tyrod.

sometimes the best defense is a good offense. tt needed to sustain drives and eat clock. it's managing the game.

Luke mccown has collected quite a bit of tape over his career.

But what kind of tape is it Exactly ? Cellophane. Masking. Box. Gorilla. or Duct tape, which is a friend to every shade tree mechanic to get the car home.

LOL

Actually it was reminiscent of EJ's. TD drive vs Colts when he was a rookie.

Hotrod has played well for whole games.

Preseason. Criminy Louise. Some of y'all act like this is your first rodeo.

WHAT?

Geez and rice

Eh, he's got a point. A lot of fans act like EJ is the worst QB in the NFL. A rational fan understands that he was QB that was never afforded the chance to develop and pulled in year 2 with a 2-2 record. I've seen a lot worse QBs get a lot more opportunities than EJ Manuel.

I didn't see anyone say he was the worst QB in the NFL. I sure didn't. (Funny seeing you post that accusation and then refer to yourself as rational.) The opportunities EJ was or wasn't afforded are no longer germane to the discussion. The pertinent questions are:

1) At this point is EJ a good enough QB to want on the team next season?

2) If he is, could we keep him?

The answers are "almost certainly not" and "even if he does turn out to be worth keeping, he won't want to stay here anyway."

I didn't see anyone say he was the worst QB in the NFL. I sure didn't. (Funny seeing you post that accusation and then refer to yourself as rational.) The opportunities EJ was or wasn't afforded are no longer germane to the discussion. The pertinent questions are:

1) At this point is EJ a good enough QB to want on the team next season?

2) If he is, could we keep him?

The answers are "almost certainly not" and "even if he does turn out to be worth keeping, he won't want to stay here anyway."

No, those are your answers. I think most good quarterbacks are allowed to go through growing pains. This one wasn't. Out of necessity, I'm ready to move on because at this point the damage has been done. I'm still going to blast the team for their mismanagement of the player, and I'm going to mock the fans that thought they'd seen enough by his 14th game with a nearly .500 record.

What you said might be true, but his (lack of) development as a player is germane to the discussion. There's still a lot of season to go, we'll see what happens and what the team's needs are come week 17.

No, those are your answers. I think most good quarterbacks are allowed to go through growing pains. This one wasn't. Out of necessity, I'm ready to move on because at this point the damage has been done. I'm still going to blast the team for their mismanagement of the player, and I'm going to mock the fans that thought they'd seen enough by his 14th game with a nearly .500 record.

What you said might be true, but his (lack of) development as a player is germane to the discussion. There's still a lot of season to go, we'll see what happens and what the team's needs are come week 17.

Feel free to blast the team for mismanaging EJ's development. I sure have in the past. And feel free to blast fans that think the team did a good job with him, because that's not how you develop a QB. I have no idea what EJ would be like as a player with better development, but the damage has been done, as you say. We agree again. But if you want someone's opinion on a tangential line of thought, ask for it instead of assuming. That way you're ripping the right people. The question here wasn't if EJ was properly developed or if that was fair to him, it was whether or not EJ would re-sign with the Bills. My answer was that there was almost no chance and I gave valid reasons for that opinion. I've yet to see anyone give a reasonable scenario where he stays. Honestly, if you were him would you stay on a team that mismanaged your development, benched you for years and has gone through multiple coaches in your tenure?

If Tyrod does not get a whole lot better than what he has shown in the first two games, he will not be our starting QB (Nor should he be) next season. Cardale Jones can ball people. (The TD drive against Indy at the end of the preseason game was a thing of beauty) TT has never looked that good. He can make all the throws. And he is a winner. If TT is not the guy, Cardale will hopefully get his shot.

You must have missed the preseason game last year against Pittsburgh. Tyrod and EJ both lit up the scoreboard like it was Madden.

16 games my Friend.

He has not shown the development an offseason might provide, in the last two.

Honestly looks gosh awful to me. And i was hopeful. now, not so much.

yes 16 whole games. that's what you get now. if you don't have it by then, you'll never make it here in Buffalo where our bar for QB excellence is sky high.

Most of these fans who bash EJ Manuel would JUMP at the chance to get Jay Cutler

Most of these fans who bash EJ Manuel would JUMP at the chance to get Jay Cutler

As if the Bears are dumb enough to make that trade.... I'd love Cutler as a backup to Tyrod.. He is magnitudes better then who we have there now. Even the most delusional of EJ's Multi-Media public relations team can't argue that. .. But the hilarious and sad thing is that they will.