Could EJ be re-signed after the season

Mango

Bad news for you. The decision to leave is on anyone but him. The guy would stay the rest of his career if he could. NO one ranked him where the Bills did. I can still see the faces and looks of horror on everyone not with the Bills. Berman had problems finding the correct response. Polian torched the decision. Not EJ's fault that he was a huge reach by a team that is clueless and has been with QB's for 20+ years. Keep hoping that EJ is simply on the wrong team.

What are you talking about?

End of the year, he's a free agent. How does he not have a decision to move on from the team?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you talking about?

End of the year, he's a free agent. How does he not have a decision to move on from the team?

i said that because the op said "please continue to hate him so it makes HIS DECISION to leave easier. well yea it will be easy with no contract offer. that was the point. EJ has no say in regards to playing for the Bills past week 17 of this season. He makes no decision without an offer. And he isn't getting one he knows that already would be my guess. Even poorly run franchises cut bait with QB's that suck sooner or later.

5 training camps where he's the back up, taking second team snaps. my point is he's on a short leash because he's in Buffalo, not because he's a bad QB. this fan base has all of the answers and none of them are the right ones.

Are you included in that? or are you the only one who is right? I'm thinking you don't have a clue.

30 games played in the NFL, about 500 pass attempts

22 games played in the NFL preaseason 260 pass attempts

8 post season games

1 Super Bowl

1 Pro Bowl

27 years old

6 training camps

2nd organization

and after all that still can't read a defense, check out an All-22 sometime.

yet some fans still want to call him a rookie, really! this can't be reality can it?

Edited by old school

i said that because the op said "please continue to hate him so it makes HIS DECISION to leave easier. well yea it will be easy with no contract offer. that was the point. EJ has no say in regards to playing for the Bills past week 17 of this season. He makes no decision without an offer. And he isn't getting one he knows that already would be my guess. Even poorly run franchises cut bait with QB's that suck sooner or later.

From the bills, who knows? from another team, I'd bet he gets one. When you look at some of the players that have bounced around the league as long as they have who have had worse careers, it's hard to think he won't get an offer.

From the bills, who knows? from another team, I'd bet he gets one. When you look at some of the players that have bounced around the league as long as they have who have had worse careers, it's hard to think he won't get an offer.

Well yes. But i never said that. I said the decision to remain a Bill is with the Bills. Sure EJ could reject a off season contract. but the fact the Bills did not exercise his option year. have benched him in favor of TT. I just have a feeling he will be gone. and sure another desperate team will give him a shot. The Bills sign players like that all the time

Well yes. But i never said that. I said the decision to remain a Bill is with the Bills. Sure EJ could reject a off season contract. but the fact the Bills did not exercise his option year. have benched him in favor of TT. I just have a feeling he will be gone. and sure another desperate team will give him a shot. The Bills sign players like that all the time

that's fair. Curious though, say Taylor doesn't improve and they don't exercise his extension, do you think they offer him (ej) something with the thought of a possible draft pick coming in to be the future and the unknown of Jones?

I don't see wh/how they would get TT back for less after nulling his contract instead of ej as their"vet" qb.

Edited by The Wiz

that's fair. Curious though, say Taylor doesn't improve and they don't exercise his extension, do you think they offer him (ej) something with the thought of a possible draft pick coming in to be the future and the unknown of Jones?

I don't see wh/how they would get TT back for less after nulling his contract instead of ej as their"vet" qb.

Yea, that scenario could get real interesting. Assuming the current regime stays. Good chance they could offerEJ something. Assuming if Lynn is even there next season. Then again if Tyrod craps the bed (but not completely) what choice does he have but to renegotiate or roll his dice. The QB situation is messy at beat.

Yea, that scenario could get real interesting. Assuming the current regime stays. Good chance they could offerEJ something. Assuming if Lynn is even there next season. Then again if Tyrod craps the bed (but not completely) what choice does he have but to renegotiate or roll his dice. The QB situation is messy at beat.

I think there is a bigger problem if upper management doesn't stay (not the coaching staff). If things go south and they are forced to cut bait with Rex/Whaley/etc. Then we get a group of guys that are going to do as they please. Could end up bringing in someone like they did with Orton or ride it out with Jones or god knows what else they might think.

I think the guys we have, well at least 1 of the 2 (whaley or rex), need to survive another year to keep the team at least in some sort of balance until the end of next season.

Again, assuming all things go south.

Improves off of a season he was elected to the Pro Bowl or a game which he put up 322 total yards and 3 TD's?

I think it would be a long shot that Cardale Jones would be ready to star next year. Going into camp, Jones will still have only 10 collegiate games and 0 NFL games worth of starting experience. As a practical matter, I don't think a 3rd string QB gets much work in practice in the NFL other than with the scout team.

As likely as a 7th round pick with no playing experience starting for Superbowl champs?

Sometimes the NFL just makes no sense.

Pretty much a zero chance of EJ being a Bill next season. He will want to move on and the Bills will want to move on. The definite possibility of a new regime wouldn't help his cause. They'd want to pick their own QB. And, quite frankly, I can't see any reason that any Bills fan would want to see him here next season - unless it's been so long since they've seen him play that they forgot what that looks like.

Maybe the BILLS FANS want to see him next year just to give a kick to the balls of the fans who play fantasy GM and have been taking cheap shots at him.

Improves off of a season he was elected to the Pro Bowl or a game which he put up 322 total yards and 3 TD's?

Alternate for the pro bowl and he threw for 297. Not 322. 173 of those were 3 of his 30 attempts. So his other 124 yards came from about 16 of 20 minutes of time of possession.

If you don't think EJ Manuel is getting an offer in free agency you are absolutely clueless.

I don't get this cult following of a terrible QB. It's Tebowesque. Me no get!

Let me explain my honest take.

I think he is an upper tier back up. He knows the system the players the routines etc. In preseason ( yes i know ) he looked comfortable and in command.

As starter he might regress. But i i honestly do not think he would be any worse than his preseason.

that being said.

I do not feel he is a starter unless injury were to occur. He would have to prove us wrong about that if he came in for a couple games this year.

But i do think he can play football now. I do think he is the best backup Bills have had for awhile. And i would have no issue with keeping him for another contract.

But that is with the idea Cardale is the FO darling down the road. That story is yet to be told.

and then, EJM may want to extract himself completely from The Bills for one or more reasons.

I remain a fan of his. I have no false hope though.

Good gosh i sure hope TT gets his sheets together and quick.

Could someone tell me what 'more of the same Tyrod' means? He threw for 3k yards 20tds/6INTs and ran for 568 and 4tds last year. He had 297 yds 3tds/1INT last week. His 16th game ever with the Bills.

A QB will never make it in Buffalo. the fans are so restless and fed up with the organization that you basically get 8 games to prove you're Jim Kelly.

we are brutal honestly. what is the hurry ?

16 years of poo , and we cannot wait two to develop a guy?

Shortsighted much ?

Those calling for Cardale to jump into the frying pan are off the deep end and reek of desperation

Maybe so. I think a lot would depend on who the GM/Coach and OC are next year... I do remember reading a piece this summer about EJ. In the article he said something to the effect that he "still wanted to be a starting QB in the NFL, but, he realized that it was something that has to be earned, and that while he realized it could be his last year in Buffalo, he would never rule anything out."

That sounds about as balanced as one could answer.

Keep the eyes and ears open.

Never rule out possibilities or close doors. He will have to trust his developing judgement in regard to his career path Even my twenty something year old kids are sorting out their long term paths ways and adjusting as needed

I am amazed at how down on Taylor everyone is, after two games...

16 games my Friend.

He has not shown the development an offseason might provide, in the last two.

Honestly looks gosh awful to me. And i was hopeful. now, not so much.

Edited by 3rdand12

As likely as a 7th round pick with no playing experience starting for Superbowl champs?

Sometimes the NFL just makes no sense.

Maybe the BILLS FANS want to see him next year just to give a kick to the balls of the fans who play fantasy GM and have been taking cheap shots at him.

Just maybe we do

I loathe cheap shots. Part of the game i suppose.

That's about 10 games more than this Mon usually gives.

Tough audience for sure