Owners met with players WITHOUT Rex before Roman let go

GottaRun

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spin is in full force and seeing that it is hard to know who really fact checks (jw does) and who doesn't (possibly many others) you have to take everything with a grain of salt.

That being said, whether you are hopeful or not that things turn around with Roman and pull the trigger 2 games into the season isn't good. Rex had all offseason to see what the game plan for Balt was, the fact that he acted more as a DC and not an HC isn't really good. You would think that he would have had meetings with Roman to understand the game plan upfront; no?

You are surprised? He didn't even know Henderson practically died.

from rapport om espn gameday.

Roman was fired AFTER the team posed for the 2016 team picture.

The Pegulas did not go too the locker room after the game on Thursday. which was considered unusual for them.

nothing too see here but for Roman to be smiling for a team picture then canned minutes later well like they say. timing is everything.

Yup..

Mike Catalana @MikeCatalana 7m7 minutes ago

Just heard @AdamSchefter say Greg Roman took #Bills team picture Friday morning. Then right after was told he was being fired

It's funny how we are emphasizing an NFL.com report designed to spin controversy to the rest of the country who consider the Bills irrelevant.

Unfortunately perception = reality...

John Wawrow @john_wawrow 3m3 minutes ago Buffalo, NY

A lot of spin-doctoring this morning (and I'm not referring to the band), as everyone trying to get their version out on Roman firing.

John Wawrow @john_wawrow 1m1 minute ago Buffalo, NY

No matter what version is true (and I think it's somewhere in the middle), it's not a good look for #Bills at all.

Edited by Reed83HOF

I'm wondering if they have been talking to someone already. In the past Bill P. has said he has given them some advice...

On a side note; I just got up (live in LA) and need some coffee, but I did notice last night before I went to bed the Ryan's were at the Clemson game laughing and smiling. Wonder if they have said F'it....

Wow, another example of how IMO Rex doesn't do the work the great coaches put in.

John Wawrow @john_wawrow 13s13 seconds ago Buffalo, NY

The timing of Roman's firing is not curious when taking into account Lynn gets long weekend to prepare. ... 1/2

John Wawrow @john_wawrow 12s13 seconds ago Buffalo, NY

Otherwise, next opportunity for #Bills to make significant change would be bye week, which would be all too late. 2/2

More garbage leaks and information (or misinformation) coming from this "organization" (to use that term liberally)

It was bad before... but the day wilson stepped aside and handed the reins to brandon (jan 1, 2013), this thing has been a dysfunctional mess.

Listen, this is not good, but this organization has taken clear steps forward since RCW passed. The results may seem similar, but we had not had back to back non losing seasons in close to 20 years. The roster is better, and the coaching staff is bigger and more experienced.

so I guess Ryan wanted to can Roman after game 1 (interesting because if so why wasn't he canned in the off season). Ryan takes this too management and ownership. For some reason Roman stays for game 2. Then the Pegulas have a players meeting to get the pulse of what their thinking is regarding canning Roman. Ryan gets the results of this meeting and ownership green lighted letting Roman go.

IMO the takeaways are.

It actually was Ryans idea to can Roman

The Pegulas are not thrilled with Rex. To the point they ask the players for their opinion of Romans coaching. it would seem they do not trust Rex's opinion and possibly Whaley. Who both report independently too ownership. that in itself is kind of unusual I think.

Rex is indeed on the hotseat. And IMO this meeting is in no way, shape or form meddeling on the sense like Jerrah or say Synder. I think they are trying to get the teams pulse. What is weird is that the GM is strangely silent as far as I am aware of this whole thing.

I think the owners had too much influence in the hiring of the current coaching staff. I believe this is why Whaley is silent now, and why I believe he will have one more opportunity to truly pick HIS coach.

Why is that weird, given the reporting structure set up by the Pegulas where Whaley has no authority over the coaching staff and Rex, like Whaley and Brandon, report in parallel directly to the Pegulas?

Yes, but is is a mistake to have a chain of command like this?

He is the GM. this was a pretty big in season move. Is the Lynn promotion permanent or simply a 14 game audition? Whaley put this roster together. I just assume he would have some kind of comment on this. I understand Rex does not need Whaley's permission too talk too ownership about letting the highest paid,OC in the league. But if a team is unifed I would assume both of them talked to Pegula about the change or in the very least Whaley agreed with it. Again it just seems weird the GM is not in the conversation dealing with the change.

I think the owners had too much influence in the hiring of the current coaching staff. I believe this is why Whaley is silent now, and why I believe he will have one more opportunity to truly pick HIS coach.

This is what I don't like about this structure, for all you know Whaley had zero to do with this or he knows his ass is on the line for trading for a WR we never throw to, signing an expensive TE who we throw 3 yard passes too, Shady's contract....

Gents, this is a whats that word...oh yeah...clusterfu&k

Sure has that appearance

If they went to Rex and told him "we want you to make a statement change", Rex would have understood what they meant.

Look, after THAT game, in only week 2, to fire the OC makes little sense except as a knee jerk reaction. I never thought much of Roman, but now wha t do they do? The guy who is replacing him is a complete zero and will have NO help from anyone on that staff.

Yes, complete zero that has garnered head coaching interviews, and will get no help from the 2 or three experienced play callers on the staff. Dude, it sucks enough being a Bills fan, hyperbolic blowhards make it soo much worse.

Wow, another example of how IMO Rex doesn't do the work the great coaches put in.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/09/17/rex-rob-ryan-spotted-clemson-football-game-saturday/

"Their trip came less than 24 hours after announcing offensive coordinator Greg Roman had been fired. The Bills have the weekend off after losing to the Jets on Thursday night.

You could argue the Ryans should be spending every waking moment trying to fix the Bills after their 0-2 start, but I think this is fine. Family moments are important and this is a rare break in the Bills' schedule that Rex had to get down to Clemson."

Listen, this is not good, but this organization has taken clear steps forward since RCW passed. The results may seem similar, but we had not had back to back non losing seasons in close to 20 years. The roster is better, and the coaching staff is bigger and more experienced.

Yes, but is is a mistake to have a chain of command like this?

Sure has that appearance

Yes, complete zero that has garnered head coaching interviews, and will get no help from the 2 or three experienced play callers on the staff. Dude, it sucks enough being a Bills fan, hyperbolic blowhards make it soo much worse.

He's a perennial Rooney candidate. Nothing wrong with admitting that.

Who are the 3 others (besides Roman and Lyn) who are "experienced signal callers on the staff"?

He's a perennial Rooney candidate. Nothing wrong with admitting that.

Who are the 3 others (besides Roman and Lyn) who are "experienced signal callers on the staff"?

Palmer & Kromer...I want to go wash my hands in bleach now for typing that...Blech

John Wawrow Retweeted djsaletta

Sure. But Roman's firing and all these leaks are a clear sign the #Bills aren't all in.

djsaletta @djsaletta

@john_wawrow A part of sports I hate. When sports becomes politics.

Isn't jw the guy who said this, right here on this board?:

"too often, athletes stick with what's safe without crossing the bounds of fantasy potential.

too bad that this isn't peyton manning or tiger woods for that matter. it would resonate far more. too often the "stars" stay to the script of not rocking the boat. and less often do those in the public sphere speak out today as opposed to the rebellious 60s. this disregard for saying what one feels or believes in is partially what's got us to this safe and ignorant place, where whatever the punce Hannity says is considered to be "factual" by some."