Owners met with players WITHOUT Rex before Roman let go

GottaRun

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Poor Pegs. :(

5899-1024x935.jpg

That pic is :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sal speaks...Nothing to see here move along....

Sal Capaccio @SalSports 2m2 minutes ago

There was no "secret" meeting between Bills owners and players. Ownership has met with (and often talk with) players before, did Fri morning

Sal Capaccio @SalSports 2m2 minutes ago

...was not behind Rex's back and it was his decision to fire Roman. I'm told that decision came from (1/2)...

Sal Capaccio @SalSports 1m1 minute ago

...many meetings and discussions going back to last season between Rex and owners, essentially. (2/2).

Sal Capaccio @SalSports 51s51 seconds ago

Rex, I'm told, felt things were to the point where they would not change with offense after hoping they would. Owners agreed and supported.

Edited by Reed83HOF

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Agreed and it's probably more complicated than that. Sometimes executives are afraid to suggest to their owners that they fire someone and eat their contract. So the owners sense this and get involved directly. When that happens they're doing their executive a favor. I've been involved in that sort of situation. It's quite possible Rex wanted Roman gone but was more comfortable with the Pegulas coming to that conclusion themselves, as well. I have a hard time believing that if Rex wanted Roman to stay, the Pegulas would've forced the move anyhow.

I respectfully disagree. They may have been doing Rex a favor.

If they went to Rex and told him "we want you to make a statement change", Rex would have understood what they meant.

Look, after THAT game, in only week 2, to fire the OC makes little sense except as a knee jerk reaction. I never thought much of Roman, but now wha t do they do? The guy who is replacing him is a complete zero and will have NO help from anyone on that staff.

That pic is :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sal speaks...Nothing to see here move along....

Sal Capaccio ‏@SalSports 2m2 minutes ago

There was no "secret" meeting between Bills owners and players. Ownership has met with (and often talk with) players before, did Fri morning

...was not behind Rex's back and it was his decision to fire Roman. I'm told that decision came from (1/2)...

Sal Capaccio ‏@SalSports 1m1 minute ago

...many meetings and discussions going back to last season between Rex and owners, essentially. (2/2).

Sal Capaccio ‏@SalSports 51s51 seconds ago

Rex, I'm told, felt things were to the point where they would not change with offense after hoping they would. Owners agreed and supported.

That's my read as well. Rex wanted Roman out. Owners did their own homework to confirm what the coach was telling them and then threw their support behind him.

Truth....

As predicted. Total trumped up media nonsense to create panic and news where none really exists.

If they went to Rex and told him "we want you to make a statement change", Rex would have understood what they meant.

Look, after THAT game, in only week 2, to fire the OC makes little sense except as a knee jerk reaction. I never thought much of Roman, but now wha t do they do? The guy who is replacing him is a complete zero and will have NO help from anyone on that staff.

I just don't think that's how it happened. Again, based on my own experiences with these things, it's far more likely that Rex hated Roman and has wanted him gone for ages. The owners did their due diligence and then let the firing occur.

I don't see the big deal honestly. How do we know Rex and Terry didn't talk on the phone before the players meeting about letting Roman go. And Terry wanted to get the pulse from the players before giving it the green light? We don't know, and after the fact does it really matter? We're on to Arizona.....

Truth....

As predicted. Total trumped up media nonsense to create panic and news where none really exists.

Why should you believe Sal's ("I'm told") source/take?

oh please. look at cleveland and somehow they get hue jackson, look all around the league and see meddling owners. this couldn;t be further from the truth.

Exactly. There are only 32 of these jobs. And the Bills are a team that has been spending money. There will be coaches lining up to come here.

Why do you keep repeating this? If reporters have trusted sources, why is it that you know differently? You want them to name their sources?? That's not how this works you know...

I know differently because I have my own trusted source Mr. WEO. All i need is a twitter account and it is news.

Buffalo Fanatics Twitter account - has had info/insight on past

@bf_insiders

not how it went down

Everyone is asking. Rex was very unhappy with game plan that Roman put together for Balt. I agree 100% with that, the offense is Roman

Roman was paid top $$ to run offense and had since June to put together a game plan that to me was awful... REX had defense and ST's ready

If it was Rex he would have canned Roman after Baltimore but couldn't because of short week.

Ownership met with REX and wanted a change and most can say y not defense?? Well if u do that u basically fire REX

Rex met with ALL players and told them about Roman being let go. It will have to be a disaster like we said yesterday for REX to get fired

media fishing today

Edited by YoloinOhio

Why should you believe Sal's ("I'm told") source/take?

Sal blinks a lot when he is fibbing.

I didn't see any blinks in his Tweets.

And...Sal can't lie....He's probably Catholic. And Catholics never lie... well, except that one time, that one priest.....

I meant why, after that game, would the Pegulas look only to the offense and not the horrible defense that Fitz embarrassed...at home?

Cause nobody's going to fire their twin brother. No matter what. Easier to fire Roman than essentially can the entire staff and complete the season with interim coaches.

@bf_insiders

not how it went down

Everyone is asking. Rex was very unhappy with game plan that Roman put together for Balt. I agree 100% with that, the offense is Roman

Roman was paid top $$ to run offense and had since June to put together a game plan that to me was awful... REX had defense and ST's ready

If it was Rex he would have canned Roman after Baltimore but couldn't because of short week.

Ownership met with REX and wanted a change and most can say y not defense?? Well if u do that u basically fire REX

Rex met with ALL players and told them about Roman being let go. It will have to be a disaster like we said yesterday for REX to get fired

media fishing today

Exactly what I thought and have been saying.

Why fire anyone? Why is having Lynn as OC "easier"? Easier for....what?

C'mon man.

Rex obviously thought Roman wasn't doing a good job getting the play makers the ball. That's the message that's come from the mouth pieces for OBD and from OBD itself. Lynn is a Rex guy, it's easier for him to "trust" that Lynn can do that. Whether is happens, who knows.

Rex better be gone at seasons end if this team flames out and wins 4 to 5 games.

Flames out and wins 4 or 5? At this point a 4 win season will exceed most expectations.

Rex crashed the defense last year. This year it is burning. This is exactly what I thought would happen. It was obvious to see it coming.

Will the Phoenix rise from the ashes in 2017? That is the story Rex will try to sell and it may work. He may get another year but i think this time the ultimatum will be real. Of course we'll have to draft D with our first 5 picks and get people to blames 3 and outs.........again.

from rapport om espn gameday.

Roman was fired AFTER the team posed for the 2016 team picture.

The Pegulas did not go too the locker room after the game on Thursday. which was considered unusual for them.

nothing too see here but for Roman to be smiling for a team picture then canned minutes later well like they say. timing is everything.

Spin is in full force and seeing that it is hard to know who really fact checks (jw does) and who doesn't (possibly many others) you have to take everything with a grain of salt.

That being said, whether you are hopeful or not that things turn around with Roman and pull the trigger 2 games into the season isn't good. Rex had all offseason to see what the game plan for Balt was, the fact that he acted more as a DC and not an HC isn't really good. You would think that he would have had meetings with Roman to understand the game plan upfront; no?