Joe Banner as a "Football Czar" what do you think

Estro

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, he has no rings.

The concept of a Czar is bringing in a guy who knows what it takes to build a champion........Banner did a nice job pinching Lurie's pennies but he blew it in Philly.

BLEW IT.

They were on the cusp for most of a decade and he continually left that team short in areas he could have addressed.

He had a QB who was a matchup problem for teams and some good coaching and he confused that with him being a personnel genius.

He's JAG as a personnel guy. JAG.

I don't disagree with his take on Rex but his opinion = Matt Millen's opinion, IMO. Ultimately, Banner was a failure.

He ran the Browns into the ground.

Hiring unemployed execs who the game has passed by is not the answer.

Agreed. Banner's pick as GM for Cleveland was Mike Lombardi. Lombardi was probably the most hated GM the Browns ever had because he ran the team into the ground in the late 80s and early 90s. Banner brought him in to be the GM despite backlash from fans and from within the organization. The hatred of his most important hire was so bad that he had to pretend that GM wasn't going to be Lombardi's role and initially gave him a different title. Lombardi lasted one season in which he not only took Barkevious Mingo 6th overall, but actively tried to trade up higher to be sure he got him. Banner was moved out with him. The man is probably the worst possible hire for Czar, aside from Lombardi.

I have to be upfront about this:

I had to unfollow Joe Banner on twitter, despite his knowledgeable football tweets, because he is so liberal and anti-Trump......but with that said I read a bunch of his tweets from today and he clearly hates Rex Ryan. I think most of him are right there with him.

Would he be the right guy for the job if we are to clean house. I'm not sure he is because he seems to really like Greg Roman, which is a concern, because I don't want a OC who doesn't pass the hell out of the football. Just throwing it out there.

How about Kevin Kelly, the HS coach who never punts and always wins. How would he be for head coach.

sign a player with off field issues who gets suspended. Your 1st pick had an injury. How are you shocked when 1 is hurt the other suspended

Joe Banner Retweeted John Kryk

Classic. So if it's a mistake it's on owner not Rex. This is all so predictable

Joe Banner added,

Joe Banner Retweeted Adam Schefter

Classic Rex. Had the entire off season to evaluate this, & after 2 games fires a gd coach. Never looks in the mirror

Liberals can't think right, so no B-)

Still waiting for people to show me a successful team that had this mythical Czar

Im not sure if there has been a team so entrenched with a bad structure and personnel... and so unwilling to change and get with the times.

And the jets brought in 2 'czars' after idzik/ryan and things are looking much brighter for them than the bills... already.

Im not sure if there has been a team so entrenched with a bad structure and personnel... and so unwilling to change and get with the times.

And the jets brought in 2 'czars' after idzik/ryan and things are looking much brighter for them than the bills... already.

Consultants to help with the GM search and then go on their way is way different than having a football Czar in charge of all Football decisions eseentially turning your GM into a yes man.

Want consultants that come on and evaluate football program and then help in GM search that once GM is in place they are gone, then i can get on board.

You want a Czar like Parcells was or Tannenbaum is now in MIA. Then nope i wont get on board.