Buffalo Bills Fire Offensive Coordinator Greg Roman

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He wore out his welcome in both places and you could debate how well he actually did...plenty of stuff out their from 9ers fans that supports much of what we have seen. His redzone offense was bad on a talented 9ers team as well. Do you think he gets another OC job? Maybe he does your opinion on him seems to be higher than mine and that's fine. Just curious.

I don't think he wore out his welcome so much as Harbaugh left. He was hitched to Harbaugh.

Here are the Niners offensive DVOA stats in his time there:

2011: 18th (they had finished 24th, 23rd, and 27th in the 3 previous seasons)

2012: 5th

2013: 8th

2014: 16th

And the Bills offense finished 9th in DVOA in 2015.

Objectively speaking, the offenses he coordinated have been above average throughout his career.

This is an excellent move!!!

-Tyrod is better than he's playing right now.

-We can't even run the ball when that is supposed to be Roman's driving force.

-We can't perform the basic football function of hurrying up.

-We can't avoid 3 and outs, can't possess the ball when that's supposed to be our strength.

-He's never really coached a particularly good offense anyway, after like 6 years.

He had a couple good years with Alex Smith and Kaepernick but I think Harbaugh was a major influence on that. Overall, very mediocre coordinator

He is well regarded by many. He did a very good job in SF, and they nosedived after he left.

Yeah, he may have to take a lower-level position next year, but he won't be out of work unless he chooses to be. The league is fully aware of the caliber of people he had to deal with in Buffalo.

I have really hated the play calls for the last decade. We always seem to be throwing and running 4 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

Yes! Every time. I always yell at the TV, when it is 3rd and 3 or 3rd and 2 to run the ball. Especially if you are on the plus side of the field. If you come up a yard or inches short then go for it

Really? The players did not perform I will give you that. But those plays calls were so predictable. It is pretty sad when a person like me who has played 1 year of football in my life can tell you what play the bills are going to run next

It's two games! Look at his record over the five seasons before this one. He's objectively above average.

This comes down to a number of things, but the horrible delay in play calls coming into the QB must be amongst them. Can there be no foresight and preparation on the sidelines for the next play? It seemed like a mad scramble.

I gotta say, this is one of the most transparent scapegoat firings in recent memory.

Honestly, had they done this after week 1, few would argue...but after letting Fitzpatrick hang 37 points on you...seems pretty obvious Rex is scared. I'd expect the blame game to continue as the losses pile on.

It has to be scapegoat firing - what possibly could have changed so much to fire your OC after just 2 weeks? This is unheard of.