Buffalo Bills Fire Offensive Coordinator Greg Roman

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think Rex was going to allow his brother to be fired? Dream on!

There is little talent to build around on the roster. Think about it. Who can you build around that will be here in 2-3 years? Watkins can't stay healthy. Dareus is an addict. Gillmore is gone as a FA. Taylor is a stop-gap QB. Not sure about Lawson or Ragland but the Bills talent pool is pathetic.

Bills biggest problems going forward:

1. No QB

2. Too much money tied up in players who are/will be going into decline: McCoy, Dareus, Glenn, Hughes.

3. Mediocre drafts/giving up a pick for Watkins = no infusion of younger/cheaper talent.

I can't stand Rex, but bad coaching is not the biggest problem.

I had Greg Roman 5th on my list of top 5 problems last night. Trust the Bills to deal with the last one first.

Apply for the czar position! Keep in mind what your seeing on gameday is only half of it. We have no idea what changes or expectations they put on Roman and the offense. Be quicker with play calls? Be more efficient on third downs? Change your play calling? Don't trot EJ out there for back to back sneaks? Stop making me burn all my damn timeouts? Point being if he failed to adjust according to what his superiors wanted he may have made himself #1 on the block. Some of it reeks of a scapegoat but you can't excuse embarrassing efforts on back to back weeks. Refusing/failing to improve/adjust your style will get you fired at many places.

I was wondering if I was the only one who noticed that. I came in late and turned on just as TV was showing a ball flying through the air targeting a Jets receiver. I said "who's QBing the Jets?" Seriously, I did! Then I saw it was Fitz "whoa, really?"

Fitz was throwing darts last night. We kept waiting for the big mistake. Still waiting.... This just in, Fitz is good sometimes.

Fitz was throwing darts last night. We kept waiting for the big mistake. Still waiting.... This just in, Fitz is good sometimes.

Helps when he's facing minimal pressure. Fitz was on our teams for years, so we know what he can do. Hughes was the only one last night to even tough the qb. I place part of the blame on the fact that the defense was just gassed. the offense could not stay on the field.

Edited by 87168

Lol no. Tyrod did not let him down. Roman's inability to call a modern offense was the problem. It won't change by next Sunday but at least Rex is on his way out.

If you're laughing at this, then you missed the 1st two games where TT has been below par with many missed opportunities to keep drives going.

30 years NFL scouting, 9 years as Scouting Director (Bears) https://t.co/XjnDt83tWb, https://t.co/KtNkYucKy7, analyst 670theScore, Gabriel Consulting Inc.

Thanks Cornerblitz.

Football is a business that pays for results. I don't think it's optimal to fire a guy mid-season, but it's entirely possible that the post-season analysis included a laundry list of improvements for G-Ro:

1) more timely play calling

2) better game management: time outs etc

3) installation and practice on a hurry-up offense

So from the first 2 games, regardless of the number of points the D allowed, we see that the Bills still have absolutely no hurry-up offense, have poor game management, and the scuttlebut is plays coming in late. If that was behind the firing, he's being fired for performance issues, and scapegoating really isn't the term. Gabriel is NOT in a position to know if he is, or if he isn't, but he can surely see the game management problems on the O side of the ball.

Then we get to the concerns raised last year by Dilfer, Billick, and Simms about the type of passing game the Bills were running.

Helps when he's facing minimal pressure. Fitz was on our teams for years, so we know what he can do. Hughes was the only one last night to even tough the qb. I place part of the blame on the fact that the defense was just gassed. the offense could not stay on the field.

I do love how Fitz seemed more willing to pull the ball down and run with it than Tyrod ...

Jets first drive was a long one. The d wasn't tired to begin the game. The d was terrible last night all on it's own.

When your offensive and defensive lines suck, I am unclear how this is Roman's fault.

Just goes to show how a person can be deceived, I thought our OL played very well last night.

:thumbsup: Rex is just covering his arse by firing the guy who would have been his replacement

OH! now that's an interesting take on the subject.