Bills need to Tank like the Sabres

Jerry Jabber

Let's face it, the Bills will not ever be a winning team without a real franchise QB. They haven't been fortunate enough to luck into a great one. With finishing between 6-10 and 9-7, the Bills are too high on the draft board to pick a franchise QB. They need to start over, Tank like the Sabres and have two to three drafts where they are picking in the Top 5 to get some elite players.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's face it, the Bills will not ever be a winning team without a real franchise QB. They haven't been fortunate enough to luck into a great one. With finishing between 6-10 and 9-7, the Bills are too high on the draft board to pick a franchise QB. They need to start over, Tank like the Sabres and have two to three drafts where they are picking in the Top 5 to get some elite players.

Is Pegula going to fire his GM after giving him an extension like he did with the Sabres?

The honeymoon is over folks. The Pegulas have no idea what they are doing.

I believe you are right. It took Terry a couple years to figiure this out with the Sabres and then he started doing the right things. PLF was brought in and hired a genius imo and the Sabres are well on their way to frontrunners starting this season. He and Kim should realize thier mistakes with the Bills and follow the blueprint. They have to know it and tonight has to be a mind altering deal to them.

The talent has to be there to do so.

not a big fan of the QBs this yr but a tank could get rid of the FO which is what this team needs. Pegula should have cleaned house when he got here but sadly is making the same mistakes he did with the Sabres by keeping Darcy and Lindy. Granted he got screwed by Maroon but our good buddy RUSS BRANDON just had to have Rex here and so all those guys need to guy Whaley included.

not a big fan of the QBs this yr but a tank could get rid of the FO which is what this team needs. Pegula should have cleaned house when he got here but sadly is making the same mistakes he did with the Sabres by keeping Darcy and Lindy. Granted he got screwed by Maroon but our good buddy RUSS BRANDON just had to have Rex here and so all those guys need to guy Whaley included.

I agree 100% The Pegula's need to hire a "football czar" to be able to steer the organization in the right direction.

Is Pegula going to fire his GM after giving him an extension like he did with the Sabres?

The honeymoon is over folks. The Pegulas have no idea what they are doing.

The Pegulas only have to know one thing...hire a person in charge of football operations, who makes ALL football related decisions. After that they should get the f*** out of the way, and insist that they have no say in anything football related unless it involves $$$ outside of a set budget. That means no sitting in during interviews, no watching film with the coach, no having beers with Rex....NOTHING.

We've all had plenty of ranking experience.

The sabres are young, exciting and have a clear direction.

The bills are floundering in perpetual purgatory. Too good to draft elite players, not good enough to be relevant.

If they blow it up and start over I can live with it as long as the e,tire organization moves in a cohesive focused direction together.

The way things are going, all they have to do is keep Rex through the season and the tanking will take place by natural selection.

The bills are floundering in perpetual purgatory. Too good to draft elite players, not good enough to be relevant.

If they blow it up and start over I can live with it as long as the e,tire organization moves in a cohesive focused direction together.

The Bills have had two chances in the last 5 years at drafting "elite" players...Watkins who can't stay healthy and when he does manage to, the QB ignores him, and Dareus the mental midget.

I agree...I have no problem sticking behind a bad team if they are moving in a positive direction.

I would love to see them trade Tyrod / Shady / Meatball (he's been through enough and deserves better) / Aaron Williams (he's not going to hold up, send him to a winner) / Gilmore (not worth his contract demands) before the deadline and load up on draft picks. Let EJ play out the year at QB with Gillislee & Jonathan Williams at RB. Take Watson or Kizer, hire a real coach, get Lawson & Ragland healthy and reload the roster on drafted players, resetting the salary cap with the exception of Glenn & Dareus.

We loaded up to make the playoffs two years ago and then pushed all in last year. We came up bust. Now we are short on cheap good young players and long on guys getting paid who clearly aren't good enough to get us anywhere. It sucks to reset into another 3-4 year cycle, but that's where we have found ourselves.

I would love to see them trade Tyrod / Shady / Meatball (he's been through enough and deserves better) / Aaron Williams (he's not going to hold up, send him to a winner) / Gilmore (not worth his contract demands) before the deadline and load up on draft picks. Let EJ play out the year at QB with Gillislee & Jonathan Williams at RB. Take Watson or Kizer, hire a real coach, get Lawson & Ragland healthy and reload the roster on drafted players, resetting the salary cap with the exception of Glenn & Dareus.

We loaded up to make the playoffs two years ago and then pushed all in last year. We came up bust. Now we are short on cheap good young players and long on guys getting paid who clearly aren't good enough to get us anywhere. It sucks to reset into another 3-4 year cycle, but that's where we have found ourselves.

It just doesn't work that way in football... You're behind the 8-ball with regards to playbook and training camp. It works in baseball because right field is right field for every team. It works in hockey (to an extent) because so many teams make the playoffs, and theyre all 7 game series. A lot of time to gel. We'd get pennies for all of that.

Tyrod is a young QB - i wouldn't say lock him in as the franchise guy... but we don't really have any other options. If your goal is to be bad, just be bad with him. Shady has 1 more year here then we cut him. Watkins needs a friend or two. I'd franchise gilmore- see if we could find takers for a trade. If not, rescind it like the panthers did.

In basketball and hockey tanking is more effective. It's easier to evaluate talent and one superstar can make your franchise relevant.

I was all for tanking the year Andrew luck was available. (Instead we went and paid fitz). However, there's not a surefire franchise saver like that abailable every nfl draft.

This team doesn't have to try and tank, they just suck for no real good reason, and it would do them no good, they'll just pick another fragile, over-hyped talentless bag-ofshit player anyway, so what's the point? The Ryans can pack up now, their coaching days are behind them. I actually quit watching the game after the third quarter, i just can't waste anymore of my life on this team.

if we don't tank seriously we might actually beat browns, 49 and rams and probably somehow miami and one other ending up with 8 pick or so. if we trade enough players for picks easy to do and than we can do a 2 year tank to get talent and maybe the franchise QB assuming there is one in college. But the key is any tank MUST Have a solid overall #1 Qb pick