Bills need to Tank like the Sabres

Jerry Jabber

They definitely need a top level QB, but you can't tell me that having a good defense doesn't matter. BTW, Manning was terrible last season but they won the whole thing in spite of him.

Defense will matter eventually. Phase 1 build the line. Phase 2 get the QB. Phase 3 defense. Look at the Cowboys. We are doing it backwards

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who wants to lose is nuts. You don't get better by losing. Wanting to lose institutes a losing culture. People who want to tank games are complete losers

It worked in the 80's during the Kay Stephenson/Hank Bullough era and look what happened...the Bills had numerous high draft picks that were elite players which turned the franchise around and went on to four Superbowl appearances.

False!

really?

Outside of the first round, what great players have they drafted outside the first round? Linus Omark?

This is something Tim Murray is going to have to prove. He has made the obvious picks... but is going to need the pulls in the 2nd - 7th rounds to back that up.

Let's face it, the Bills will not ever be a winning team without a real franchise QB. They haven't been fortunate enough to luck into a great one. With finishing between 6-10 and 9-7, the Bills are too high on the draft board to pick a franchise QB. They need to start over, Tank like the Sabres and have two to three drafts where they are picking in the Top 5 to get some elite players.

Like Dareus and Watkins ? The Jack Eichel and Connor McDavid of Quartebacks are???

Explain to me again how the Saber's tanking has helped? Some great young talent, sure, but they've still missed the playoffs for a number of years including the tank years and sure doesn't look good for this season either....not saying that automatically translates to the same thing happening for the Bills. As several have said - bring in a football czar and let him run this team.

really?

Outside of the first round, what great players have they drafted outside the first round? Linus Omark?

This is something Tim Murray is going to have to prove. He has made the obvious picks... but is going to need the pulls in the 2nd - 7th rounds to back that up.

I agree and apologize since this isn't a Sabres board but the jury is still out on the benefits of tanking. Last I checked this team was still in last place with a lot of trouble putting the puck in the net. The Eichel and Reinhardt picks were easy. His trades outside of netting O'Reilly not so great. He's given up roster players, some prospects and a lot of draft choices. He had 3 1st rounders and pissed away two of them this past draft. The trade for Lehner, a 3rd string goalie that Ottawa did not want to retain, for a 1st rounder just terrible. Psyck for Kolikov, a likely expensive free agent this off-season a poor exchange in my view. Bogosian I like but he is only good for maybe 50 games a season. And Kane? What can I say? That said, hope they get the injured 'D' back soon and make a run.

And the Bills... if they lose to Cleveland then Rex is gone..