R-E-L-A-X it's one game

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess it was a fluke leading the league in rushing last season and having the most pass plays over 20 yards. :doh:

Didn't look like it at all today, did it? Also, it was more a play on the word corp instead of core.

Roman had a terrible day as did Tyrod, but !@#$ it.....panic time!

Full blown Lewis Black's Tom Ridge bit. (We're @#$%ed, scurry, flee!!)

Edited by Freddie's Dead

Guess it was a fluke leading the league in rushing last season and having the most pass plays over 20 yards. :doh:

Well, no. But other teams game planned for all that and decided they could win despite those qualifications. And they did.

I sometimes wonder how people that lose their minds after today's loss cope with life in general.

Because it's football and not real life. If my life sucked as hard and as long as the Bills have, I'd definitely be in trouble. Luckily, I can vent about these guys sucking at their jobs while maintaining my own satisfactory status quo.

If Duke doesn't get burned by Wallace for a td we actually win this game 7-6. That's the only thing keeping me from saying we are going to win 5 or 6 games. Holy shnikes that was hard to watch.

but he did......look at reality....not what if

Ya.

They lost a close game on the road to a good team. No need for harikari.

Lose at home to mediocrity: then it's time to say WTF.

What does Harry Caray have to do with it? He was a Cubs broadcaster.

You're right but teams make of miss the playoffs on one game every year. It was a winnable game and they didn't get it done.

What was that statistic about like 75% of the teams that win the opening game make the playoffs?

Ah, yes. The "relax" post. True, it usually comes later in the season than after Week One, but it is nonetheless inevitable. Others who issued a "relax" post in history:

- Neville Chamberlain

- Abraham Lincoln

- 1980 Soviet Hockey Team

- Hank Bullough and Kay Stephenson

Frankie goes to onehitwonder

Some dude who said "that sure is nice of them to give us that gigantic horse".

Flame on for me not posting a lot on this board, but I'm on here all the time and I love my Bills more than anything (abstract my family).

Nonetheless guys let's try and be optimistic. This team for many countless years has been a fast starting group, only to fall apart and end up being subpar and mediocre. Look at the the strong positive coming out of today's game. This defense is good. This is certainly a BIG change from last year. Yea the offense sh*t the bed today, but we've got time to put it together and figure it out. The Ravens obviously game planned very well for the Bills offense, and the coaching staff was too stubborn to change the game plan. I have faith that this will change. We had a good offense all around last year, and the core group of players is still here.

So relax, and remember this is one game of a sixteen game season. This will be a season where the Bills end strong instead of falling apart for a change. I'm still all-IN!

Yes it's one game... But this is the Buffalo Bills. It is those "it's only one game" problems that keep us from the playoffs every year.

You score only 7 points and you're going to lose. The offensive play calling was mind-numbing conservative. You think TT is a franchise level QB you're willing to potentially pay big money then you let him throw the ball around and take some chances when necessary. They had favorable match-ups with the Bills receivers against the Ravens secondary but refused to try and take advantage of it. That's what good coaching staffs do, take advantage of an opponents weaknesses. Playing scared is how I saw it or at best unprepared on offense for the start of the season. Rex's call right before halftime to let the clock run out rather than take about 40 seconds of time to give the offense at least a chance to pick up 3 points said it all to me. That's all I needed to see for the day right there.

Next up is the Jets. You have Fitz coming in and the Jets which is a big contrast to the Bills. Maybe Fitz is erratic and inaccurate at times but the coaching staff shows some confidence and guts to open it up a little. The Bills need to do this with TT or the season will be over after the first 4 games.