15-22 111 yards

Although TT was the QB the fault is not all his. The O line stinks & the run game stunk too.

McCoy 16 carries for 58 yards=3.6 YPC avg

Taylor had 5 carries for 11 yards = 2.2 YPC

Reggie Bush 3 carries for -4 yards =-1.3 YPC

Blame the GM for crappy depth on the line! Not so good players behind Watkins! Blame Rex for sitting his starters in the preseason when they clearly needed the work. Blame Roman for a crappy offensive game plan.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best idea ever. Won't happen though, especially if Prescott flames out.

Romo to Watkins would bring tears of joy. Clay would have a much better life too.

Doubt Watkins sticks around if TT continues to be QB for a while. Then again if the Bills lose out and fire Rex, IMO TT is out the door right behind Rex. Maybe Watkins stays in that scenario, but who knows.

Although TT was the QB the fault is not all his. The O line stinks & the run game stunk too.

McCoy 16 carries for 58 yards=3.6 YPC avg

Taylor had 5 carries for 11 yards = 2.2 YPC

Reggie Bush 3 carries for -4 yards =-1.3 YPC

Blame the GM for crappy depth on the line! Not so good players behind Watkins! Blame Rex for sitting his starters in the preseason when they clearly needed the work. Blame Roman for a crappy offensive game plan.

And why was that? Hmmmm... stacking the box and daring TT to beat them maybe.

I'll give you the oline wasn't very good today, but a 6 year vet should be able to make up some of that just from being a 6 year vet. TT looked like a rookie, no, actually rookies look better than TT.

Edited by old school

so, team needs and player rankings change too so I make adjustments

Hey man, go nuts! Claim you love every qb and then you can't go wrong!!!! Except you forget the 99% that sucked.

I looked back and it seemed to be a personal grudge match between you and Barbarian. My apologies for intruding on your private conversation on a public forum. :lol:

No worries! Not a grudge, just calling out BS from the self appointed QB Expert.

not a terrible idea. Even Mat McGloin (Raiders backup) likely plays better than this.

CAR to the DALE.... Rumor has it that he was actually Kim's pick.... If Tyrod should falter, #7 should see the field... Then this long nightmare will be over.

CAR to the DALE.... Rumor has it that he was actually Kim's pick.... If Tyrod should falter, #7 should see the field... Then this long nightmare will be over.

If Cardale is starting, the nightmare will have just started.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I like tyrod but he was awful today. Would never look beyond his first read. Locked on to the receiver. The offense was so predictable anyway, and he made it worse by looking like a complete amateur out there.

Everyone hates him so it was ignored, but ... the best comment I heard this preseason was from Theismann in the Redskins-Bills game. It was something like this:

"One big difference I've noticed between the Bills and the Redskins passing game: Cousins and his receivers throw a lot of timing routes where Cousins throws to where the receiver is going to be, whereas Taylor waits for the receiver to break open until he delivers the ball."

In actuality it was a subtle dig at Taylor .... most every other accomplished QB picks up the bulk of his yards on those timing patterns.

If Cardale is starting, the nightmare will have just started.

It's been going on a long time. At this point, I'd rather start someone with an unknowable floor / ceiling than keep watching a never-ending carousel of mediocrity. I'd much rather ride a 2-14 wave and then rebuild instead of dicking around in the .500 club for two decades.

It's been going on a long time. At this point, I'd rather start someone with an unknowable floor / ceiling than keep watching a never-ending carousel of mediocrity. I'd much rather ride a 2-14 wave and then rebuild instead of dicking around in the .500 club for two decades.

I've been saying that for years now. 6-10, 7-9, 8-8, even 9-7 hell. In the NBA it used to be Milwaukee Bucks hell. Or now QB Purgatory as Whaley called it.

Doubt Watkins sticks around if TT continues to be QB for a while. Then again if the Bills lose out and fire Rex, IMO TT is out the door right behind Rex. Maybe Watkins stays in that scenario, but who knows.

And why was that? Hmmmm... stacking the box and daring TT to beat them maybe.

I'll give you the oline wasn't very good today, but a 6 year vet should be able to make up some of that just from being a 6 year vet. TT looked like a rookie, no, actually rookies look better than TT.

Looking at how quickly TT dumped the ball off to the RB's at times it could have been nobody open and no time to wait for someone to break open. We already know the Bills line right side isn't very good and how bad the backup O-line players are from watching that Lions game. LT Glenn went out in the 2nd QTR.

Teams stacked the box on Buffalo last year and Taylor would break a big run to loosen up the defense and in this game, he had 5 runs for 11 yards which is a 2.2 YPC AVG.

On another note, the NY Jets managed to sack Bengals QB Andy Dalton 7 times and they have a solid O-line. I don't even want to think what will happen to TT on Thurs.

Tyrod accepting his contract extention I thought at the time was a unwillingness to believe in himself and wanted some guarteeded big money even if it was for 1 yr. If his play today is inductive of who he is going to be then it was a good decision for him to take the money aND run

Russ's job is to make money for both teams and he's great at it

Amazing how Smithers is always in the picture. For a guy TPegs said doesn't have anything to do with personnel, it was strange hearing the team prez was calling potential UDFA's after the draft.

The front office, in its current configuration, is Brandon's. And those people have proven they aren't competent.

boy, Carr would look good in a Bills uniform right now.

He sure would. But Whaley's ego got in the way and wouldn't permit any competition to Manuel. This, after people were saying late in 2013 that Manuel couldn't play.

https://twitter.com/jasoncolebr/status/503281788920553472

Once again, < 4:00 to play and a TD or FG needed to win and Hotrod lays an egg. Twice.

Didn't "Dealer" Doug cite this as something TT needed to improve on? Yet they just gave him a new contract? And people wonder why this franchise can't make the playoffs in a generation.