15-22 111 yards

Doubt Watkins sticks around if TT continues to be QB for a while. Then again if the Bills lose out and fire Rex, IMO TT is out the door right behind Rex. Maybe Watkins stays in that scenario, but who knows.

If he's going to be constantly hurt, that's going to be a mutual decision. The clock is ticking on Watkins establishing himself as a top WR.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing how Smithers is always in the picture. For a guy TPegs said doesn't have anything to do with personnel, it was strange hearing the team prez was calling potential UDFA's after the draft.

The front office, in its current configuration, is Brandon's. And those people have proven they aren't competent.

This depresses me so much. How the hell is this guy in there making decisions? I get the most cringed out when I watch the year end press conference and Russ fields all of the questions and basically puts the muzzle on Whaley. It's truly remarkable that Brandon has gotten where he has with so few qualifications.

At least he didn't throw a pick...lmao

Someone actually said that in the which qb had a worse game. I would love to have a qb who isn't afraid of a pic or two. That is the qb who gets sammy 1k yds. Charles Clay is a guy who should be a stud... but tyrod would not give receivers a chance to make plays after catch. It's insanity

I thought Tyrod looked very mediocre today.

His vision of the field was bad, he still dances with nervous feet before throwing, he locks onto 1 side of the field, he delays his throws until he sees an obvious open receiver and even then holds onto the ball too long until he is 150% sure it's a good idea to throw, and so on.

Either this is an aberration and he'll bounce back or we are going to have trouble winning 7 games.

We'll found out in the games ahead.

Your write up described a certain 6'5" 240 pound "bum" who happens to play for the same team. I bet you get the write up on him and it will sound JUST LIKE WHAT YOU WROTE about the supposed savior.

I'll talk to you about it whenever Ty's season ends. As of now I'm seeing him benched by week 8

I think he has been exposed and isn't that good but I honestly don't think there is any way he gets benched. They just gave him too much money... well gave him a 6 mil raise this year. Now if you said hurt by week 8 thats different. That would basically mean 1) EJ is the starter 2) Tyrod is out of here next year

This stat line is pretty typical for Tyrod

One phrase... Tyrod put us on his back in the Tennessee game... the one he had 38 yards passing in the first half. The one we barely won... as a matter of fact it was the same scenario as this very afternoon. If Tyrod had run us to another score... would he have put the team on his back again today with this same 112 yards. I find it amazing that that Ravens DT said their game plan was to force tyrod to be a qb. How insulting is that?

Someone actually said that in the which qb had a worse game. I would love to have a qb who isn't afraid of a pic or two. That is the qb who gets sammy 1k yds. Charles Clay is a guy who should be a stud... but tyrod would not give receivers a chance to make plays after catch. It's insanity

Your write up described a certain 6'5" 240 pound "bum" who happens to play for the same team. I bet you get the write up on him and it will sound JUST LIKE WHAT YOU WROTE about the supposed savior.

I think he has been exposed and isn't that good but I honestly don't think there is any way he gets benched. They just gave him too much money... well gave him a 6 mil raise this year. Now if you said hurt by week 8 thats different. That would basically mean 1) EJ is the starter 2) Tyrod is out of here next year

One phrase... Tyrod put us on his back in the Tennessee game... the one he had 38 yards passing in the first half. The one we barely won... as a matter of fact it was the same scenario as this very afternoon. If Tyrod had run us to another score... would he have put the team on his back again today with this same 112 yards. I find it amazing that that Ravens DT said their game plan was to force tyrod to be a qb. How insulting is that?

It means they don't think we have a QB.

If JP Losman, Trent Edwards, or EJ Manuel had those stats, they would be getting crushed.

I really want Tyrod to be the guy but I just don't think he can win with his arm enough. That's why they need to let him use his legs. Get him in space and let him throw deep.

Tyrod is too much like Alex Smith for my liking. Solid player but I want more for franchise qb money.

EJ and Tyrod are a lot closer as passers than some posters want to admit. Tyrod is just much more careful with the ball.

There's a lot to like about Tyrod. But every team is going to study this game plan and force him to pick them apart from the pocket. He hasn't really showed he's capable of that with nay consistency.

Earning that 17 mil. Great game

I was big on BO out of college. He has his flaws but he throws the ball up and let's his receivers make plays.

Let Sammy ball out and make plays!

Although TT was the QB the fault is not all his. The O line stinks & the run game stunk too.

McCoy 16 carries for 58 yards=3.6 YPC avg

Taylor had 5 carries for 11 yards = 2.2 YPC

Reggie Bush 3 carries for -4 yards =-1.3 YPC

Blame the GM for crappy depth on the line! Not so good players behind Watkins! Blame Rex for sitting his starters in the preseason when they clearly needed the work. Blame Roman for a crappy offensive game plan.

I honestly don't think the run game suffered because of the line. I think it was more so they stuck with crap looks. And the Ravens did not believe in tyrods ability to throw. They challenged him. Gave him 1 on 1 looks he just didn't trust them

And why was that? Hmmmm... stacking the box and daring TT to beat them maybe.

I'll give you the oline wasn't very good today, but a 6 year vet should be able to make up some of that just from being a 6 year vet. TT looked like a rookie, no, actually rookies look better than TT.

Exactly

If JP Losman, Trent Edwards, or EJ Manuel had those stats, they would be getting crushed.

I really want Tyrod to be the guy but I just don't think he can win with his arm enough. That's why they need to let him use his legs. Get him in space and let him throw deep.

Tyrod is too much like Alex Smith for my liking. Solid player but I want more for franchise qb money.

IDK Alex does a good job with the dink and dunk but not great on deep ball, TT is opposite except he didn't go deep today. Ravens really took his strengths away .

If Cardale is starting, the nightmare will have just started.

Thank the baby Jesus we locked tyrod up amirite? :lol:

Tyrod Taylor can't hold Alex smith's jock but otherwise spot on.

Thank GOD there's an out

he was TERRIBLE. missed so many easy throws...thanks god is right...

"we're wanted to make him play quarterback..."

it is going to be a long season., after which i predict an epic housecleaning...for better or worse.

this is exactly what the awful jets opener felt like a few years back. what a dose of reality!

We have 9 possessions. Of those 5 were 3-and-out. A 6th was 5 plays for 17 yards. A 7th was 6 plays for 11 yards.

We didn't register a 1st down until the second quarter.

Same old Tyrod. Same old Bills.

Same old Roman. There were at least 3 runs for more than 4 yard losses. Sacks and or protection breakdowns. Zero consistency from Tyrod.

It's hard to get in a rhythm when you don't get on the field, but the fact that we didn't even take any chances in the 2nd half shows me they believe in this mess of an offense. How does it take 25 seconds to relay in a zone run? How are we going to do pre-snap motion, hard count, or audible when we can't get lined up. If you want to run - line up and run it. Our passing game was all max protect - and we don't call any plays that involve anyone other than watkins. If he's not open, we'll just dump it off. Call a slant to woods! Throw it to Clay up the seam!

They had single high safety shading to watkins all game. 8 or 9 in the box with corners blowing up our running plays. If thats the case - send watkins deep every play and roll 3 wide. Put goodwin or salas on their own and take the free yards they're giving you (they usually won't bump goodwin without safety help, and salas is big enough to use his body to guard off on a slant or hitch). We did nothing to discourage them from doubling Watkins. In fact we played right into it.

I honestly think Roman would benefit from calling in the booth, or simplifying his playbook.

Edited by dneveu

This depresses me so much. How the hell is this guy in there making decisions? I get the most cringed out when I watch the year end press conference and Russ fields all of the questions and basically puts the muzzle on Whaley. It's truly remarkable that Brandon has gotten where he has with so few qualifications.

Brandon is a excellant carnival barker. Selling tickets to a fanbase that win or lose needs little marketing to sell tickets.

The Quicker ownership realizes this the better. Or save face and just keep him with the Sabres. As a powerful trusted man

With the last regime, it's hard to think that Pegula cannot let his wife do Brandons job in this New Era. You know because

If you can believe OBD. Brandon has zero input on player personel decisions. So Kim should be able to handle his duty's

Quite well.

#dontletthatwomanoutoftheroom