lol @ WGR

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on the day of the start of the NFL season, we get Sabres hockey hotline.

*sigh*

Howard Simon is also debating watching the hockey game tonight. How can you host a sports talk show and not watch a game that was watched by almost 28M Americans last year? Isn't that kind of something that you need to be on top of?

Not a huge deal to me since they went to new format of Murph 12-3 which is entirely football. They have local programming all day unlike some markets. They talk Bills and NFL 6-10 and 12-9. When they used to have Rome on 12-3, going to hockey hotline prior to hockey season but at start of NFL season was annoying.

Howard Simon is also debating watching the hockey game tonight. How can you host a sports talk show and not watch a game that was watched by almost 28M Americans last year? Isn't that kind of something that you need to be on top of?

I live out in Phoenix, I was listening to local sports radio a few years ago and the host said something about having no interest in hockey, doesn't understand it...., I was thinking the same as you, why do you have this job?

So, you think the local market is more interested in Panthers/Broncos than Jack Eichel?

Not so sure about that.

So, you think the local market is more interested in Panthers/Broncos than Jack Eichel?

Not so sure about that.

I know that 28M Americans watched the kickoff game last year. I also know that the highest rated game in the Stanley Cup Finals this year attracted 5.4M viewers (the lowest was 2.5M). There are over 5 times as many people that are going to watch tonight's game vs. the most watched Stanley Cup Finals game. Add in an international exhibition and there will be over 20 times as many Americans watching the football game vs. the hockey game.

I will check in on the hockey game (wouldn't without Eichel) but the interest is not even close. The gambling and fantasy football world has forever changed that.

"Jim Rome Hasn't been relevant in Years, but i still like to bash him of message boards"

I know that 28M Americans watched the kickoff game last year. I also know that the highest rated game in the Stanley Cup Finals this year attracted 5.4M viewers (the lowest was 2.5M). There are over 5 times as many people that are going to watch tonight's game vs. the most watched Stanley Cup Finals game. Add in an international exhibition and there will be over 20 times as many Americans watching the football game vs. the hockey game.

I will check in on the hockey game (wouldn't without Eichel) but the interest is not even close. The gambling and fantasy football world has forever changed that.

So what you are saying is Football is more popular than hockey outside of Buffalo. Shocker.

Still fail to see how this has anything to do with a regularly schedule program.

ESPN is talking Tim Tebow signing for minor league baseball, can we shun them too? because NFL and stuff.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I have had SIRIUS for about a year and have basically stopped listening to WGR. It is just bad radio. I will listen to interviews on demand when it is Whaley, Rex,Tim Murray etc, but that is about it.

they won't talk hockey at.all in Cbus either and we are hosting a World Cup game tomorrow night! Buffalo is just a huge hockey town and thus it gets more coverage than other markets.

"Jim Rome Hasn't been relevant in Years, but i still like to bash him of message boards"

So what you are saying is Football is more popular than hockey outside of Buffalo. Shocker.

Still fail to see how this has anything to do with a regularly schedule program.

ESPN is talking Tim Tebow signing for minor league baseball, can we shun them too? because NFL and stuff.

I think that more than 4x as many WNYers watch the football game vs. the hockey game.

There's lots of people in China too... Perhaps WGR should base their programming around them? You know... Lots of people and all that.