lol @ WGR

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a little strange to me living in New Orleans for the last 9 years. By the time mid-July rolls around they take zero minutes total to talk anything but football. HS, college and pro take up any and all sports talk.

Yeah, but Buffalo is not New Orleans. There is a big chunk of the population that cares about hockey here, and training camp starts next week.

I think that more than 4x as many WNYers watch the football game vs. the hockey game.

That's probably right. But it doesn't matter. For two hours, we hockey fans get to listen to SHH. (And by the way, they do talk football occasionally; last week they had Donald Jones on.) I assure you that for the rest of the day, WGR will pay proper attention to tonight's out-of-market football game.

on the day of the start of the NFL season, we get Sabres hockey hotline.

*sigh*

Worst OP ever?

At least some of the responses are funny so decent thread.

Unless you are cleverly poking fun at the droves of people on here who are blindly and constantly critical of WGR even though it's a perfectly fine sports radio station, especially for Buffalo's market size, in which case, bravo. But I doubt it.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

There's lots of people in China too... Perhaps WGR should base their programming around them? You know... Lots of people and all that.

So what you are saying is the regional station should stick to its regional schedule?

Can I bash WGR for talking Bills Football in January and February? Or is that different?

Worst OP ever?

Unless you are cleverly poking fun at the droves of people on here who are blindly and constantly critical of WGR even though it's a perfectly fine sports radio station, especially for Buffalo's market size, in which case, bravo. But I doubt it.

One of my favorite things on this board

"The Morning/afternoon show is the worst" I don't listen to them anymore, just the other day they were talking about (xxxx) I had to turn it off"

Worst OP ever?

I generally enjoy WGR, but carry on with your rant...sanctimonious ass.

I generally enjoy WGR, but carry on with your rant...sanctimonious ass.

OK so you were serious, this we have established. In what universe would perhaps the #1 hockey market in the country not air its daily hockey show because there is one football game ten hours later in Denver? It would be curious if they aired Hockey Hotline on a BILLS GAMEDAY.

It's the freaking world cup of hockey. Completely meaningless

I see you are a big hockey fan.

People like to B word about WGR's air time apportionment between the Sabres and Bills.

I listen to them all the time in the background and in my opinion, they do a fine job of balancing things.

They focus on Sabres when it's really relevant to do so, and the Bills when that is relevant to do so.

Schopp and the Bulldog haven't talked about a hockey or Sabre related topic in so long, I can't remember when it would have been.

It's been all Bills all the time for weeks.

Lastly, for "Joe Six Pack" there are other Sabre/hockey fans saying the same thing, only in reference to the Bills.

The usual refrain goes something like "Can you believe the mouth breathers are talking about that stupid football nonsense again?"

Everyone has different interests.

Try to relax a bit.