TNF: Panthers at Broncos - 8:30 PM ET on NBC

26CornerBlitz

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Super Bowl 50 Rematch?

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 picks in the first start and could have easily had the other one near the goal line. It appears the Denver QB is an interception machine. He may set the record for picks in a season. George Blanda tossed 42 in '62. Can Siemian set the record and simultaneously prove how good Denver's defense is by overcoming the worst QB season 54 years?

Headshots are illegal no matter how you play. Period.

Huh? is that a new rule? No penalty for hitting a runner in the head is there?

Now, i agree in the pocket..and the gray area outside where is he a runner or not.

Have a feeling after the whole day of this discussion, any thing thats close to the head is getting called on Sunday

Lots being made of Cam getting hit but there's lots of plays where he lowered his shoulder and brought it to them as well. If you want to be a runner and bring the boom then just realize that it goes both ways. Tyrod and Cam need to learn to slide. Only then will they be protected like other QB's

Lots being made of Cam getting hit but there's lots of plays where he lowered his shoulder and brought it to them as well. If you want to be a runner and bring the boom then just realize that it goes both ways. Tyrod and Cam need to learn to slide. Only then will they be protected like other QB's

What does his running have to do with taking headshots while in the pocket?

Brady gets looked at and it's a personal foul. That was disgraceful

Umm...

cam-newton-takes-shot-to-the-head-agains

The Broncos were head hunting.

Umm...

cam-newton-takes-shot-to-the-head-agains

The Broncos were head hunting.

Was that the hit by Stewart? Should have been an ejection. Also does not seem fair that it's wiped out by intentional grounding.

Yeah, Cam was really asking for it there😆

Edited by mannc

Was that the hit by Stewart? Should have been an ejection. Also does not seem fair that it's wiped out by intentional grounding.

Yeah, Cam was really asking for it there😆

He launched with his head and didn't even attempt to tackle him properly.

Should have definitely been an ejection, the ref was right there!

Wow, what a horrible, horrible take in the context of this discussion. Why am I not surprised.

I agree and thought that in real time. There are some penalties that should not be capable of offsetting an illegal shot to the head like that.

How is this not a penalty? One of our players was called for personal foul for hitting the QB at the waist this preseason

That one was called--roughing the passer, but it was offset by intentional grounding call on Cam. Still not right, though.

It was a penalty. I don't know why so many are whining in this thread. Unless they're all Panthers fans on a Bills forum.

I am not whining but I do think it is an interesting rules question. Should something like intentional grounding a "technical" infingement really offset a potentially dangerous physical infringement?