What is the biggest question mark going into Game One

ganesh

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I would say the potential of turnovers in the middle of the field. Ravens D will try to take away the sideline and deep throws from TT and make him the throw to the MOF. He will need to show he can do that without throwing too many INTs. If Roman opens up the offense I think > than the 6 picks he had last year is inevitable, but then our D will need to step up to give TT the ball back.

It's a good thing we had Rastro's camp reports detailing how many throws OVER THE MIDDLE Tyrod was completing!

I am interested in seeing how well the offense plays as a unit after not really getting any time together in the preseason. The old school mentality is that the starters play together at least 5-6 quarters during preseason to get their rythym together. The Bills clearly did not get anything close to that.

I agree with everyone who says they are looking forward to see if our D is improved. I am hoping for a lot more pressure on the QB this season.

Defense. The offense is going to be fine. Can Kyle play DE? Can we stop the run without Mr. Big Puff? Will our LB's be any good as a unit? Will AW last more than a game? Will the Duke be the new Duke or the old Duke? CB is the only place on D where I'm confident.

what you said

Defense. The offense is going to be fine. Can Kyle play DE? Can we stop the run without Mr. Big Puff? Will our LB's be any good as a unit? Will AW last more than a game? Will the Duke be the new Duke or the old Duke? CB is the only place on D where I'm confident.

Kyle isn't playing DE; he's playing DT, or the "T" position in Rex's base D:

playbooks.jpg?w=250

In the base D, Kyle is the "T", Washington is the "E", and Dareus is the "N". For this game, Bryant plays the "N".

Edited by thebandit27

Kyle isn't playing DE; he's playing DT, or the "T" position in Rex's base D:

playbooks.jpg?w=250

In the base D, Kyle is the "T", Washington is the "E", and Dareus is the "N". For this game, Bryant plays the "N".

He's outside shoulder instead of straight up. I'll have to see it in action, since we haven't seen him in preseason.

Personally, it's whether or not I will be out of drill by kickoff....

For the team, I believe that if our defense can stop the run.... With all the pieces we have missing in the front 7, that will be huge...

Speaking of which- the first two preseason games when we were very solid against the run, does anyone know who started on D? Was Dareus in?

I quickly looked up how the Ravens performed against mobile QBs last season. The QBs on their schedule that I could consider legit threats to run were Kaepernick, Tannehill, Wilson and Alex Smith. They lost all 4. Just found that interesting.

Edited by YoloinOhio

He's outside shoulder instead of straight up. I'll have to see it in action, since we haven't seen him in preseason.

It's the same 3-tech position that he's been playing for the better part of the last 3 seasons...the only difference is that the open-side defender is a rush LB ("R") instead of a 9-tech DE.

Edited by thebandit27

DEFENSE! Did bringing in bro and Reed really help? Is everyone really comfortable in Rex's scheme? Is the scheme any good, or will we get run over and passed around?

OFFENSE! Did Taylor take the next step? Will Goodwin make it through a game without getting hurt? Is Shady still a top #5 back? Will Sammy get enough touches? Is Clay worth all the money we through at him?

SPECIAL TEAMS! Can we stop kickoff returns? Will Carpenter hit from outside 50? Do we have a punt returner?

DEFENSE! Did bringing in bro and Reed really help? Is everyone really comfortable in Rex's scheme? Is the scheme any good, or will we get run over and passed around?

OFFENSE! Did Taylor take the next step? Will Goodwin make it through a game without getting hurt? Is Shady still a top #5 back? Will Sammy get enough touches? Is Clay worth all the money we through at him?

SPECIAL TEAMS! Can we stop kickoff returns? Will Carpenter hit from outside 50? Do we have a punt returner?

He asked for 1

I'm still worried about Carpenter hitting FGs. I know it's probably irrational, but I just can't shake it.

That's your biggest question mark?

Easily the biggest question mark is TT. The league has been littered with guys who looked good for a year or so but couldn't take the next step. People are making a huge assumption that TT will continue to improve. He was protected last year with the running game and wasn't asked to be "the man" and he performed about as well as he could in that scenario. This year the Bills need more from him.

If I had to make a bet I'd say that TT will be fine and has all the tools necessary to be a franchise QB for the next 5-7 years but I'm not to the point where I'm just automatically assuming it will happen. A QB has to do it for 2+ years - consistently - before I'll put any other position in front of him as "the biggest question mark."

:thumbsup:

Easily the biggest question mark is TT. The league has been littered with guys who looked good for a year or so but couldn't take the next step. People are making a huge assumption that TT will continue to improve. He was protected last year with the running game and wasn't asked to be "the man" and he performed about as well as he could in that scenario. This year the Bills need more from him.

If I had to make a bet I'd say that TT will be fine and has all the tools necessary to be a franchise QB for the next 5-7 years but I'm not to the point where I'm just automatically assuming it will happen. A QB has to do it for 2+ years - consistently - before I'll put any other position in front of him as "the biggest question mark."