seantrel Henderson facing 4 game suspension

Yes it is.

And you changed messages. A glass of wine in moderation is far from being a boozehound which is how I interpreted your initial question, so no I wouldn't consider you being a loser having a glass of wine. Having 6 on a regular basis and getting touchy feely with random ladies.....loser.

And to be clear, it is not really for me or anyone else to judge who is a loser. I probably chose the wrong word. They are people who could probably make better choices IMO. In the end though the choices are their's, not mine.

I have seen plenty of people get hooked up with pot and become solely focused on defending its virtues above all else. It is true and I've seen it with my own eyes. I knew these people before and after they started smoking and if that isn't addiction then we'll need some sort of new word. Does that happen to everyone? I don't know. But it doesn't happen to everyone with booze either.

And you don't see boozers ranting and raving on the internet about how booze expands their horizons and cures all diseases and makes rope and saves the environment. That is the pot excuse parade crowd. They have already begun to leak into this thread like they do every other thread when pot is mentioned. It is rare for me to see someone write that they drive well when they are drunk but you can look around some of the threads and find people defending driving stoned. I will grant you that pot's addiction manifests itself in different ways than that of other drugs, but different doesn't mean less harmful.

Ok that's fair...I don't agree with everything you said but that's ok

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's human and went through a pretty bad and career threatening months long episode. It has now been reported/speculated that it was indeed pot. If it was unprescribed and unreported he deserves the suspension because that is the letter of the law. Personally I think he also deserves some compassion and sympathy, at least in private, from the NFL. I think that is an objective way of looking at things. It is unbecoming of you to gloat about this because it is happening to the Bills after you shamelessly defended Brady in what was clearly purposeful cheating just because he is on your team. I'd like to think if TT was caught circumventing the rules that I would not blindly support him and that if a Pat had a debilitating disease I would try to take that into account before criticizing him. i think most of the people on this board would do that and you as a guest on another teams' board should at least try.

The NFL and the Bills have been pretty compassionate to ward Henderson. But if he and other guys just feel like blowing by the rules he and his union whole-heartedly agreed to the point where he is now unavailable for 4 games, where does that require sympathy?

The vast majority of Crohn's patients go through decades of this disease, managing its chronic/recurrent symptoms without marijuana. If he wants to do otherwise despite his employer already having warned against it before and with the penalty being a 4 game suspension, why is he more sympathetic for all of the other NFL players who are using treating their chronic pain?

The NFL and the Bills have been pretty compassionate to ward Henderson. But if he and other guys just feel like blowing by the rules he and his union whole-heartedly agreed to the point where he is now unavailable for 4 games, where does that require sympathy?

The vast majority of Crohn's patients go through decades of this disease, managing its chronic/recurrent symptoms without marijuana. If he wants to do otherwise despite his employer already having warned against it before and with the penalty being a 4 game suspension, why is he more sympathetic for all of the other NFL players who are using treating their chronic pain?

You are right :thumbsup: Given that he had priors this is simply a lame ass attempt to play the sympathy card. As Rex said "Rules are Rules"

If he was on the Pats you would be singing a different tune but you're a fan, short for fanatic, so that is ok I guess. In fact you sang that tune for months when Brady blew through the rules and was punished as agreed by his union then went to court for a year. I'm sure if Henderson went to court over this, you be harshly critical of the NFL in that case too, right?

What have you seen that the NFL has been compassionate toward Henderson? I'm not saying you're wrong, I just haven't seen it. In my view, it doesn't even have to be public, but they should relay to him that they understand his situation is difficult and they want to help him get through it. That does not necessarily mean rescinding or reducing his suspension.

As far as playing doctor I won't do that because I wouldn't want to risk doing as poor a job as you did but I think I'm safe in assuming the "vast majority" of Crohn's patients are not NFL Offensive tackles and that the management of the disease might be slightly different for an office worker. Without being a doctor I will say marijuana was probably a bad choice for Henderson simply because it already had its hooks in him. I understand what the league is doing and hope they are not treating a 20-something kid with a serious condition like a criminal behind the scenes. Try to look beyond your fandom and wishing for the Bills to lose a player and look at the player as an individual. Who knows? Maybe he'll end up on the Pats some day.

Anyone else sick of the leaks from the league in these types of things? Manny Lawson, and this. This is ridiculous and really just feeds the worst instincts in the press. I wish Rex had called out the league on this.

kj

No. It should just be made public in the 1st place.

for all of you hardliners who are opining that Seantrel is a felonious pothead w/ no regard for his team, try living with this:

Crohn’s disease can affect any part of the GI tract. While symptoms vary from patient to patient and some may be more common than others, the tell-tale symptoms of Crohn’s disease include:

Symptoms related to inflammation of the GI tract:

• Persistent Diarrhea
  • Rectal bleeding
  • Urgent need to move bowels
  • Abdominal cramps and pain
  • Sensation of incomplete evacuation
  • Constipation (can lead to bowel obstruction)

General symptoms that may also be associated with IBD:

• Fever
  • Loss of appetite
  • Weight Loss
  • Fatigue
  • Night sweats

In more severe cases, Crohn’s can lead to tears (fissures) in the lining of the anus, which may cause pain and bleeding, especially during bowel movements. Inflammation may also cause a fistula to develop. A fistula is a tunnel that leads from one loop of intestine to another, or that connects the intestine to the bladder or skin. This is a serious condition that requires immediate medical attention.

Edited by BuffaninATL