SBNation:Buffalo's 3 Black QBs battling themselves & history

YoloinOhio

The NFL's strained relationship with race and a pattern of segregation in Buffalo would have you believe the Bills were incapable of having three black quarterbacks. Those men are ready to take on that challenge.

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/8/31/12487056/buffalo-bills-black-quarterback-history-tyrod-taylor

In Buffalo, for the fourth time in NFL history, three black men occupy the entire depth chart at QB for one NFL team to start the season. To put that in perspective, in Week 1 of this season, only seven black quarterbacks in the entire league will start at the position.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The NFLs strained relationship with race and a pattern of segregation in Buffalo would have you believe the Bills were incapable of having three black quarterbacks. Those men are ready to take on that challenge.

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/8/31/12487056/buffalo-bills-black-quarterback-history-tyrod-taylor

The what and the what?

"Racism on the field" in Buffalo?

The what and the what?

"Racism on the field" in Buffalo?

Not entirely sure what they mean by "pattern of segregation," but Buffalo and its suburbs have historically been among the top most segregated areas in the US. This has changed recently, though.

Question:

How many Bills fans see Tyrod and go "Oh hey, that's the Bills starting black quarterback."

I bet very few.

The better question is why is the national media going out of its way to make the "black quarterback is unique!" happen in 2016? There have been quite a few African American quarterbacks since the days of Doug Williams and Randall Cunningham.

Why didn't anybody make a big deal about Thad Lewis?

Question:

How many Bills fans see Tyrod and go "Oh hey, that's the Bills starting black quarterback."

I bet very few.

The better question is why is the national media going out of its way to make the "black quarterback is unique!" happen in 2016? There have been quite a few African American quarterbacks since the days of Doug Williams and Randall Cunningham.

I know it's not really related...but I loved me some god dawn That Lewis. I swear if he wasn't injured he would have beaten the saints and KC. Kid played with so much heart.

Question:

I bet very few.

I don't even think they made a big deal out of EJ at the time he was drafted.