SBNation:Buffalo's 3 Black QBs battling themselves & history

YoloinOhio

If the author really wanted to start a **** storm, he would have analyzed the all white WR's/TE/QB's on NE and questioned why Bill Bellichick is considered a "genius"....but nobody wants to offend the hoodie.

well now lets not get ridiculous. you made a good point, let it be. :D

Edited by DrDareustein

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I'm alone in wanting to enjoy football apart from a discussion of race relations. The author chose to "fan the flames" by intimating that racism somehow plays a role in coaching decisions. A ridiculous thought since every coach looks to maximize talent no matter what color of skin. If this was about governmental appointments, presidential elections, or fair wages, then the race discussion may be appropriate; I just don't believe (don't hold it against me) that racism is alive and well in the selection of players on a professional football team. Just my opinion.

You hit it out of the park, I'd like to see this writer prove otherwise.

If the author really wanted to start a **** storm, he would have analyzed the all white WR's/TE/QB's on NE and questioned why Bill Bellichick is considered a "genius"....but nobody wants to offend the hoodie.

That probably has more due to his NSA guy having more blackmail material on white players :nana:

Buffalo is pretty damned racist. But you know what? Just about every place is.

I've been absolutely stunned at some of the things I've heard fans say when a black player makes a mistake, as opposed to a white player. Stuff I didn't think still existed in this day and age.

It's sad.

From the article.

"Buffalo might be the most racist city in the North," Rashad Brown, a 38-year-old Bills fan said. "Certain people can’t adapt to having someone of color in control. And when they do excel, they have to be three to four times better. The NFL is like this. They don’t have the same culture as the NBA. This isn’t a black league. The whole feel here is different."

I think it is reckless journalism to even publish a quote like this. I mean...how did the author even elicit this quote? He had to have an agenda to want this type of nonsense published. Idiotic.

He asked a guy wearing a Malcolm X hat...

Buffalo is pretty damned racist. But you know what? Just about every place is.

I've been absolutely stunned at some of the things I've heard fans say when a black player makes a mistake, as opposed to a white player. Stuff I didn't think still existed in this day and age.

It's sad.

Yes it is. A bunch of angry Polish, Italians and Irish don't hold their tongue well after a few pops. Two gents behind me at Bengals game last year reinforced this notion for me. EJ started that game, you can imagine the diarrhea coming out of their mouths.

Edited by stony

Maybe I don't notice it because I live in the south. The 9+ years that I have been here have shown me a bigger racial divide than I ever saw living in Buffalo.

Also, I agree with most of you in that we do not care who the players are. We just want to win.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I spent half my life in Buffalo and half in two large cities out west and I'm still amazed how racist Buffalo is every single time I go back.

Yes there are pockets of racism but mostly those who have never had to deal with other races.

When I get married one of my friends got a lot of attention from some of my family there but I have always been the "black sheep" of my family. My mom in nursing home still asks about my little and big 'brothers". One of them is a poster on this board.

I spent half my life in Buffalo and half in two large cities out west and I'm still amazed how racist Buffalo is every single time I go back.

I laughed at this. I shouldn't have because it's not funny, but I had the same realization after I moved back.

Edited by stony