Update: Bridgewater suffers serious leg injury

GunnerBill

Brian Murphy

@murphPPress

Bad scene. Bridgewater down in pocket grabbing left knee. Players freaked out, swearing and praying. Immobilized. Practice halted #Vikings

Ouch, sucks for Minny - the first person to invent the bionic knee is going to be a winner with the NFLPA...

Edited by Heitz

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't they make everyone wear knee braces? I don't understand it - there has to be a way to prevent 20 players from blowing out their knees every August, it's a multi-billion dollar business...

I think it's called "natural grass"

@murphPPress

Ambulance has pulled up at Winter Park #Vikings

Ambulance? They must think it's more than an ACL

Sounds like a broken leg - Buckeyes had a very similar sounding injury to a WR last year where the bone was exposed. Same reaction, halted practice, players screaming, ambulance, paramedic, etc.

Jesus, that's awful if true. And non-contact.

Sounds like a broken leg - Buckeyes had a very similar sounding injury to a WR last year where the bone was exposed. Same reaction, halted practice, players screaming, ambulance, paramedic, etc.

Yep I have been there in a soccer game too. It is horrific.

Yep I have been there in a soccer game too. It is horrific.

I was at the plate in a middle school baseball game when a teammate slid into 3rd base and snapped the 3rd baseman's arm in two. Gruesome.

Some of the recent research that I've read about ACL injuries is quite interesting: that it's a general body-misfiring issue that produces too much force on a non-load-bearing tissue that causes the injury.

Here's some of the stuff that a small high school has implemented, and they're seeing incredible reduction in non-contact injuries:

https://www.freelapusa.com/3-reasons-why-activation-is-a-game-changer/

This is very interesting. I guess my question is, if it's so effective and such an advantage, why isn't it catching on?

Headed to an MRI facility?

No, if they called an ambulance, they're worried about something time-critical. Something involving blood circulation or nerves

Sanchez is rubbing his hands together!

mb6PqXxtfdmZW.gif

@ProFootballDoc

David J. Chao, MD Retweeted Brian Murphy

Not a lot of injuries require an ambulance. Not even an ACL tear. Whatever it is, hope nerve and artery are spared.

Oh good God no! I hope it's not like that or Bo Jackson's hip. Sweet Jesus.

Probably would be good if it were a broken leg - even a compound fracture. That's better than the other things being mentioned.

This is very interesting. I guess my question is, if it's so effective and such an advantage, why isn't it catching on?

It takes a while to gain acceptance in the athletic world, but I can assure you that it is catching on--Seattle has been using a version of the program for 2 years now.

Also, there's a clinic in Pittsford that does this type of work...

I'm thinking there was a fear of a neuro/vascular type of injury resulting from a catastrophic break or dislocation.

That's likely the only reason an ambulance would have showed up and rushed him away like that.

It was probably a Joe Theismann type break. Zoiks!

We don't know just yet what the facts are. But I hope not this too.

Must be something more than the usual ACL if they sent him to a trauma center, so compound fracture sounds plausible.

Could look non non-contact but someone could have stepped on him. Ragland reports were non-contact also, but he stepped on a teammates foot.

True.